Bike
  • 55m
  • 15.00 miles
  • -----

Spin class at work, all though Shana was not teaching. This was boring but OK. The instructor kept yelling "PROPER BREATHING" but never elaborated.

Run
  • 11m 28s
  • 1.01 miles
  • 11m 21s /Mi

After spin class.

Swim
  • 46m 17s
  • 2500.00 yards
  • 01m 51s /100 yards

Good swim! Mind was 100% preoccupied with a work situation I’ve been asked to consider. More next week after I can process.

Question of the day: Do I book a trip to Paris for my birthday next year? Flight deal for nonstop on Delta - $508 round trip. 

Bike
  • 2h 00m
  • 31.49 miles
  • 15.74 Mi/hr

Trainer

Run
  • 12m 43s
  • 1.02 miles
  • 12m 28s /Mi

After logging off of work. Took Ellie Mae, even though it was still 93 degrees. She did OK. Can't wait for fall weather.

Have you ever had to 'break up' with a brand you loved? Yesterday, I had to 'break up' with the Whole30 brand, which you may know I adore and follow their food philosophy after doing four rounds over the years. Their founder has always been outspoken and grounded in her beliefs - and I admire her for overcoming drug addiction, sexual assault, divorce, etc. and she's been a source of motivation for me in the past. I even saw her speak in person in Atlanta a few years ago.

But one of the things she's big on is crystals and the power of crystals. She stories about them on her personal Instagram account, along with other personal things like weight lifting, yoga, hiking and talking about her hair extensions, botox and tattoo removal. Personal stuff, which is why it never bothered me that she mixed in crystals on her personal account. But recently, she hosted a podcast with someone who went into extensive detail about how she uses crystals as a tool for personal growth with her clients - it's her personal podcast that tackles non-Whole30 issues. Then I got an email from Whole30 with the subject line "Crystals" promoting the podcast. And then they started promoting it on all their official brand social media channels, which is when I couldn't take it anymore. 

On the Instagram post where they promoted it, I was one of many who made comments - mine was about how this felt inappropriate for a brand account. Melissa (founder of Whole30) personally responded to my comment with something salty about how the Whole30 was promoting HER podcast, HER being the founder of Whole30 and that was entirely appropriate. OK, well then, I'm out. They would never consider promoting the powers of a Bhudda statue and Bhuddism, would they? They would never consider promoting christian communion and how it cleanses your sins, would they? No, because they're based on religion and belief in something supernatural. And it completely alienates your customers with differing belief systems to hear the founder of a brand push and preach something you 100% don't believe in - from the company account. It has nothing to do with the brand or the company, but yet here they are latching on to it and connecting it to their brand. Again, I can get past someone posting from a personal account, but I just can't with it coming from a company brand account. As someone else commented on the IG account... "And here's where I get off the bus."

Run
  • 1h 05m 02s
  • 5.66 miles
  • 11m 29s /Mi

It's been awhile since I did such a hefty lunchtime run. Felt good on the treadmill today, probably because I was inside with no hills, ha! I do love freeing up my evenings - big plans to make a potato/kielbasa soup tonight. I KNOW! I'm one of those crazy people who makes soups in the blazing heat of summer. Soup is so good and so cheap though.

Sport
  • Walking
  • 08m

Ellie Mae

Feeling mildly guilty about deciding to (probably) not go home for Thanksgiving this year. I've got a bunch of travel, both work and personal, coming up and honestly don't want to pay $400 to go home for 48 hours - especially when we'll all see each other a month later at Christmas. Here's what I've got coming up:

• Augusta 70.3/Charleston (Sept 28 - Oct. 2)
  • Vegas work trip (Oct. 13 - 17)
  • Vegas personal trip (Oct. 19 - 22)
  • San Diego work trip (Nov. 6 - 8)
  • London personal trip (Dec. 5 - 10)

I've already paid for dog sitting for the first trip, but I just saw that my (new) gal upped her rate from $35 to $40 per night. So the remaining travel is going to cost me $560 + Rover fees. (I love my dog, I love my dog, I love my dog).

I'd honestly really like to run the Thanksgiving Day half marathon here in Atlanta. My sister and fam are considering coming here just to do something different, so maybe finding a restaurant open on Thanksgiving? Or if they don't come here, honestly just make a really nice dinner for myself or head to a friend's dinner (I've already been invited to a big solo-people-friendsgiving dinner by Jon).  I'm not the type of person to get bent out of shape about family traditions, but it's hard for my mom and grandma. 

Run
  • 41m 25s
  • 3.27 miles
  • 12m 40s /Mi

Ok after a long and draining day at work. Was considering doing my also-scheduled spin, but ended up talking to my mom for an hour and a half. Think I’ll make it up with spin class Friday.

Sport
  • Walking
  • 10m

Ellie Mae

Run
  • 11m 02s
  • 1.01 miles
  • 10m 55s /Mi

Treadmill after work and after a long convo with Christina. Another person on our team is leaving. It hasn’t been announced yet but he told her. Albeit he’s going to our parent company, but it’s been clear he hasn’t been happy for awhile like all the others. I like this guy a lot... super smart, talented, creative, etc. but our leaders can’t lead a team whatsoever. This will be employee #3 of our 8 person team to leave in the last 3 months. I also have inside info that a 4th person is interviewing at our parent company, plus Christina is interviewing elsewhere as well. Sigh. Feels like I'm on a sinking ship.

Sport
  • Walking
  • 20m

Long walk with Ellie Mae

It just occurred to me that I should be using my Base Salt for long runs. Why haven't I been doing this?! 

And just trying to get through tomorrow, work-wise, when we have our semi-annual event for the top 300 executives. My boss is now in the stage of triple confirming very basic things, and while I appreciate the attention to detail, it's a bit draining to explain things like "no, the calendar invite didn't only go out to 50 people; you have to expand the distribution list that says "XXX list" and the other 300 will appear."

Run
  • 1h 52m 37s
  • 7.08 miles
  • 15m 55s /Mi

Bit of a run fail today. Supposed to be 9 miles. Started off nauseous and with a super high heart rate. Tried to push through because this was the same situation last week, and I was able to then. But not today. After 2 miles, I conceded and let myself walk the rest of the way - and honestly it felt SO much better. Not too bent out of shape about this.

Sport
  • Walking
  • 10m

Ellie Mae

Bike
  • 3h 30m 39s
  • 51.48 miles
  • 14.66 Mi/hr

Tri club ride with my buddy from last week, Chris. This time we were out on the "Silk Sheets" routes, which are an hour+ drive the other direction from the other normal tri club routes. Beautiful morning, even shivering a bit at the start with the temps just below 70. But it warmed up swiftly, and without a cloud in the sky.

I was super grateful Chris was there today, because of course no one else was riding my pace and the route is NOT marked well. We stopped a lot in the first half trying to figure out where to go. He had grabbed a printed map which helped immensely.

This route is a bit hillier than the other, my Garmin logged 2,200 feet of climbing compared to 1,800 last week. Chris's Garmin logged 2,700 feet - who knows. It was certainly hilly though. I didn't drop my chain until mile 48 today - semi victory there. And I intentionally rode ahead of Chris the whole time so I could go a bit faster than last week without getting caught up in conversations where I'd feel like I had to slow down. Good compromise.

Run
  • 24m 02s
  • 2.02 miles
  • 11m 54s /Mi

Brick run - Chris decided to go with me even though I warned him I'm slow! And you had to run hills in either direction from where everyone parked, so walked up some of those. Steamy out by this time - 93 degrees actual temp. Thank goodness for the tri club's ice water coolers - so refreshing.

lisac957's Training Log

August 2019 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
     1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31

Time
Distance
  • Ironman Augusta 70.3 (Triathlon)
    9/29/2019 Augusta, Georgia