Run
  • 1h 14m 43s
  • 6.03 miles
  • 12m 23s /Mi

Ok run. The sun came out halfway through and I melted.
This was technically a step-back week in training so a tiny bit shorter run.

Sport
  • Walking
  • 17m

Sanity walk with Ellie Mae. I’m physically ill from the double mass shootings over the weekend. My stomach is turning and I feel the same way I did when the Parkland shooting happened last year and so many kids my nephews ages died. Horrified, helpless. I’ve peacefully protested, I’ve marched, I’ve supported and voted for politicians who want to pass gun laws, I’ve prayed. What else can I do?

Bike
  • 3h 03m 17s
  • 46.06 miles
  • 15.08 Mi/hr

Tri club ride! Lucky that I woke up on my own just 5 minutes after my alarm was supposed to go off (I had set it wrong) and was able to get out the door by 6:15 a.m. Super thankful another gal wanted to ride 45 miles at my pace! My new friend Amy!
We had SUCH a great ride. Did the 31-mile loop first, stopped at the parking lot to refill water, then headed back out for the 15-mile loop. LOVELY weather, appropriate amount of conversation (lol sometimes people feel the need to fill the air... I don’t!) and so glad for the company.
AND MARK THIS DAY IN HISTORY... I had zero dropped chains! Omg! Victory!

Run
  • 11m 40s
  • 1.02 miles
  • 11m 26s /Mi

Brick run, another great one!

Sport
  • Walking
  • 13m

Ellie Mae

Run
  • 11m 13s
  • 1.01 miles
  • 11m 07s /Mi

Treadmill before swimming

Swim
  • 38m 31s
  • 2000.00 yards
  • 01m 56s /100 yards

Ok swim. Still feeling slow.

Sport
  • Walking
  • 05m

Quick walk with Ellie Mae

Bike
  • 1h 30m
  • 23.54 miles
  • 15.69 Mi/hr

Lunch trainer - 2nd work from home Thursday in a row! I upped my FTP on Trainer Road because I was feeling like I could be working harder. Definitely worked hard today!

Run
  • 12m 11s
  • 1.01 miles
  • 12m 04s /Mi

After work mile with Ellie Mae.

Run
  • 46m 52s
  • 4.01 miles
  • 11m 41s /Mi

Treadmill before leaving work

Sport
  • Walking
  • 08m

Ellie Mae

Run
  • 30m 04s
  • 2.61 miles
  • 11m 31s /Mi

Lunch treadmill

Bike
  • 1h 00m
  • 15.42 miles
  • -----

Late trainer ride since my power was out for 2+ hours. I had literally just gotten into my bike clothes and shoes and picked a Trainer Road workout when a huge storm came through and I thought... "I'm probably going to lose power" and about 10 seconds later I did. It's one of the more frustrating parts of living where I do. Every. Single. Time. it storms - big or small - my power goes out.

Sport
  • Walking
  • 07m

Mid year performance review day with my boss - it went great for the most part - she said many times how much she values my contributions, appreciates my professionalism and even said twice she didn't know what she would do without me. Yay. But something she mentioned to "work on" struck a nerve with me - how I sometimes show my "frustration" when dealing with rapid rounds of changes from executive work and that I should keep an eye on my facial expressions, emotions, etc. When I pressed her for an example (because, as I told her, I actually PRIDE myself on keeping my emotions in check and it's the reputation EVERYONE knows me by, so this was 100% a surprise to me), she could only reference something from last fall. An event where she's admitted that she knew she was catching me off guard, that we talked about last year and moved on from. And it was in 2018! This is my 2019 performance check in.

Anyway, she went on to say I'm free to vent and express frustration to her - great - I do that when I think I should - and not in front of executives. I asked her point blank if that's something she's noticed me doing in front of executives and she said "No, you do a great job of keeping it in check with them." So I'm like "what's the issue then, if it's appropriate to show emotion to you and that's where I keep it?" and she didn't have an answer. I had to then say that it was confusing to see that example written multiple times in my review if it wasn't really an issue, so she said she agreed and would go back and take out all but one of the references (noting just to keep an eye on it as I have been doing).

I honestly think she couldn't come up with anything constructive for me to work on, so was grasping at a one-time event from last year to put something on paper. 

Run
  • 12m 36s
  • 1.03 miles
  • 12m 14s /Mi

Today is my run streak day 250!

Sport
  • Walking
  • 18m

Ellie Mae

Seriously considering purchasing my own gel manicure kit. I go in spurts where I love getting my nails done, and I adore that gel polish truly lasts for 2 weeks without chipping. But the frugal side of me is looking at the cost. I can get a UV curing lamp for $18.99 on Amazon, and a set of 6 gel polish colors + base and top coats for $19.99. COMBINED, that's about the cost of one gel manicure. I feel like I owe it to myself and my bank account to try 

lisac957's Training Log

August 2019 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
     1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31

Time
Distance
  • Invesco QQQ Thanksgiving Day Half Marathon (Run)
    11/28/2019 Atlanta, Georgia
  • November's totals
  • October's totals
  • 2019 totals
  • 2018 totals