Run
  • 1h 00m 02s
  • 5.14 miles
  • 11m 41s /Mi

Treadmill after work. This was one I missed earlier in the week. Shifting my normal Friday night swim to OWS tomorrow after my long ride.

Sport
  • Walking
  • 08m

Ellie Mae

Had my first in-person interview with the hiring manager this morning. It was just as expected - fairly short and very comfortable. I have my second interview with our department leaders (my current bosses) Monday, then she mentioned there would be a third with two of the directors in the organizations I'd support. Then potentially a fourth with the executives - but that one would be when they had narrowed candidates down to one, and more like a "meet and greet" rather than an interview. So with the phone screening, that would be five interviews for a lateral move they asked me to consider - when for other people on our team they simply announce they are "sliding" them into a new role. Kind of blows my mind.

Run
  • 12m 29s
  • 1.00 miles
  • 12m 29s /Mi

Had an enormous wave of fatigue hit me around 4 p.m. today. Just too much "being on" at work for the last day and a half - including five meals with this committee - tons of tough discussions and decisions. My brain was fried. Too much people-ing. Left work around 4:30, got home and took care of Ellie Mae by 5:15, then I fell asleep HARD on the couch. Woke up at 6:30 and forced myself to eat and suit up. Did not feel great.

Bike
  • 2h 00m
  • 31.20 miles
  • 15.60 Mi/hr

Pepped up slightly so I got on the trainer. Thought I might bow out early on this, but there was enough entertaining content on TV between the Democratic debate and Big Brother to keep me pedaling.

Run
  • 12m 47s
  • 1.01 miles
  • 12m 39s /Mi

Late run after the work dinner. With Ellie Mae.

Sport
  • Walking
  • 20m

Home treadmill, exhausted but committed to 30 minutes of movement daily. This was after a marathon of a day including early breakfast, all day working session, team dinner, etc. Wanted an adult drink with dinner but still experimenting with the whole not drinking thing.

Run
  • 50m 02s
  • 4.26 miles
  • 11m 44s /Mi

Lunch treadmill. During this run, a recruiter from talent acquisition called and left a message wanting to do a phone screen. For the interview I already have set up for Friday. This is getting comical.

Bike
  • 1h 00m
  • 15.81 miles
  • -----

Late trainer ride.

Busy rest of the week on tap with work stuff, and this is supposed to be my peak week of Augusta 70.3 training. I have a work happy hour tonight that gosh I don't want to go to, but feel like I should show up. Going to grab a seltzer water, make an appearance and head home for a 2nd workout. Tomorrow (all day) and half of Thursday will be eaten up by a work event (good news is that I get to see my former boss from Oklahoma) - this includes a dinner tomorrow night. Makes for such a long day.

Then the most interesting news is that I have an interview scheduled for the lateral move Friday morning with the hiring manager, and now a SECOND interview with two other leaders scheduled for Monday morning. Interesting because apparently they told the other gal on our team who applied that they wouldn't be interviewing until after an October conference that the execs this person would be supporting is over (week of Oct. 21 at the earliest). So they told her that timeline, then scheduled an interview with me on Friday. I have no idea why they do things like this - it really pisses people off, confuses them and creates this culture of mistrust. Could they just be honest with the other gal and not waste her time if they know they're going to give the role to someone else (me)? If I were the boss, I would either be more vague about the timeline without saying "after Oct. 21" (because otherwise you're just lying) or be completely transparent and tell her there's a stronger candidate, but be patient because as a result of that move, another role will be opening up and we want you to consider that (they want her in my role). Why is that so hard for leaders?

Run
  • 11m 13s
  • 1.01 miles
  • 11m 07s /Mi

Treadmill after work. 97 degrees real temp outside.

Sport
  • Walking
  • 20m

Treadmill plus Ellie Mae walk

Update on my home manicure situation - it's AWESOME! I've been giving myself a gel manicure about every 7-10 days and I'm so glad I invested in the equipment. My DIY job doesn't stay as long as the salon's but I think part of that is because I hadn't been using a nail bed dehydrator/prep product (just got one) and I'm using a cheaper brand of polish. But I recently ordered a new color in the brand they use in salons (it was only $8 on Amazon?! I think it's from a line a few years back) and put it on last night. So pretty! I'll see if it stays on longer than the other brand. And I'm saving so much money from not dropping almost $40 at the salon each time 

Run
  • 2h 01m 25s
  • 8.00 miles
  • 15m 11s /Mi

Not the run I was hoping for. I knew right away that this wasn't going to be good. Heavy fatigue and sleepiness, some nausea. All I wanted to do was close my eyes and lay down in the grass. I actually was closing my eyes for a few seconds at a time. Fought through running for the first 4 miles, then decided to just walk it in.

Not sure why I get these terrible runs every now and then. I haven't been sleeping well, so that may be part of it.

Bike
  • 3h 39m 29s
  • 56.20 miles
  • 15.36 Mi/hr

Atlanta Tri Club ride - but solo again. Really small group today, and none of my past riding partners were there. I was riding with a guy named Michael for the first 16 or 17 miles until the routes split, then I was really on my own. Weather was gorgeous, drivers were nice and I averaged above what I usually do on this route. All of the markings were re-marked and fresh - I think the annual century ride on those routes is coming up soon.

The chicken processing smell is still strong, but it comes and goes as you ride past the chicken farms. Bearable again with a lot of mouth breathing. I was able to keep up with my nutrition 100%, drinking my 3-hour bottle of Infinite (I don't start drinking it until 15 or 30 minutes in, which is why it works for a 3.5 hour ride perfectly). This was just really lovely. Only one chain drop.

Run
  • 22m 37s
  • 2.01 miles
  • 11m 15s /Mi

Brick run - heat index 94 degrees. SHOCKED myself at my pace. Gosh if I could only run this pace for the 13 miles in a half ironman LOL! Very sunny and sweaty and I think I was the last athlete in, besides the guy doing 100 miles. Great morning.

So sleepy on the 75-minute drive home with heavy traffic. Fought the urge to immediately hit up a Chick Fil A - last time I did that, I had painful gas for the next 24 hours solid! Going to try and recreate their frosted lemonade tomorrow. It’s essentially a vanilla lemon milkshake and I have a bunch of lemons I need to use!

Sport
  • Walking
  • 10m

Ellie Mae

lisac957's Training Log

September 2019 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30     

Time
Distance
  • Invesco QQQ Thanksgiving Day Half Marathon (Run)
    11/28/2019 Atlanta, Georgia
  • October's totals
  • September's totals
  • 2019 totals
  • 2018 totals