Run
  • 12m 19s
  • 1.01 miles
  • 12m 12s /Mi
Sport
  • Yoga
  • 20m

Took Ellie Mae to a dog park for the very first time! She was such an angel. When we first got there, only one other dog was there and they just kind of sniffed each other. But after a little while, more and more showed up and then there were like 10 dogs and she had a blast. She would run around with them in short bursts, then come back to me in the shade, repeat repeat repeat. One of the other dog moms commented that Ellie Mae was the queen of the park today - she was the "greeter" and one of the most social, haha! Who knew?

Run
  • 1h 38m 13s
  • 8.02 miles
  • 12m 15s /Mi

Great run to cap off my recovery week. Fresh shoes, new Pandora station, some cloud cover. Surprised myself with a peppier pace than the last many long runs. Feeling good for once!

Sport
  • Walking
  • 15m

Ellie Mae

Registered for the Thanksgiving Day half marathon last night so it’s official-official that I’ll be staying in town.

Bike
  • 3h 16m 49s
  • 48.29 miles
  • 14.72 Mi/hr

Tri club ride solo.
A nice ride, with the exception of my saddle sore area. I put a bunch of udder butter cream on it but it was still tender. One funny scary thing happened... I came around a curve to see what I thought was a 150 pound Rottweiler or some other huge monster dog on the side of the road staring at me. But upon further inspection, it was a loose baby cow! Clearly out of its fence and harmless, but gosh that scared me good. The chicken processing smell had me mouth breathing for many miles again. So many chicken farms, they even have signs saying who they sell to. The smell really impacts the quality of the riding up here :(
Only dropped my chain once.

Run
  • 11m 44s
  • 1.01 miles
  • 11m 37s /Mi

Brick. My right knee was in pain again and I felt kind of achy. But got it done.

Run
  • 33m 40s
  • 3.01 miles
  • 11m 11s /Mi

Got out of work early and hit up the swim gym treadmill.

Swim
  • 37m 07s
  • 2000.00 yards
  • 01m 52s /100 yards

Pretty ok swim! Water was super warm.

Sport
  • Walking
  • 10m

Ellie Mae walk. Only one accident in the house so I think her tummy is on the mend.

Officially put my name in the hat for the lateral move after talking to the hiring Director this morning. She is actually a gal who was on my Ragnar Relay team a few years ago, I like her on a personal level. I'm not overly impressed with her as a leader (she got promoted last year), but she would be a step up from my current boss in terms of actually leading. They keep saying they want to "move fast" on this, but not holding my breath for anything before October. 

Bike
  • 1h 30m
  • 23.61 miles
  • 15.74 Mi/hr

Trainer

Run
  • 41m
  • 3.33 miles
  • 12m 19s /Mi

After logging off of work - almost fell asleep but got my butt out the door. I forgot to look at my training plan but I know I'm off on my run volume this week. So I just ran for 40 minutes and called it good.

Sport
  • Walking
  • 10m

Poor Ellie Mae has some wicked diarrhea - likely from the anesthesia so I'm not terribly worried. But I was glad I was working from home today - she had 4 liquid pewps outside and one in the house while I was on my run. Going to make her some white rice tonight.

Run
  • 12m 20s
  • 1.01 miles
  • 12m 13s /Mi

Took Ellie Mae, she was bouncing off the walls and clearly back to her normal self!

Bike
  • 1h 00m
  • 15.74 miles
  • -----

Watching Big Brother.

This is technically a recovery week in my Augusta 70.3 training plan (the last one before peak/taper), and it's at a good time for a few reasons. First, this multi-day work summit is throwing me off a bit, and then TMI but I got a saddle sore after my ride Saturday. So I needed to give my nether regions a few days off. Going to attempt to sit on the trainer tonight because it's improved a lot, but I've never had one like that before. I ended up putting tea tree oil and then anti bacterial ointment over the top and that seems to have worked wonders.

Ellie Mae was still loopy this morning, but she ate her breakfast and was wagging her tail so I think she's on the mend from anesthesia and the anxiety meds. 

Also, work conversations have been continuing, and it seems fairly clear that I will get the lateral move I had been asked to consider. They said they could technically just slide me over without going through the formal process, but want to post it to give others a chance to throw their names in the hat. But the overwhelming notion is that the role is mine if I want it. The way they spoke also made it appear that it would put in motion a domino effect that would benefit Christina, which selfishly I want for her. Not that I"m making my decision based on that, but it's a super nice side effect for my friend.

QUESTION OF THE DAY: Is it appropriate to ask for a salary nudge for a lateral move??? I think the answer is "it doesn't hurt to ask" because I know for a fact it happens. I don't want to come off as greedy, but I also don't want to leave money on the table if it's a possibility - even if it's just  a few thousand bump. They may even do it on their own with an official offer, but if they don't, is that appropriate?

Run
  • 13m 26s
  • 1.06 miles
  • 12m 41s /Mi

9:08 p.m. run for pete's sake I did not want to do this! BUT I am committed to this run streak, so there you go.
Long day. Started with taking Ellie Mae to the vet for a dental super early, then an all day work summit plus dinner until 8 p.m. Luckily I was able to go and get Ellie Mae discharged before the dinner but it was a pain in the ass to have to then drive across town during rush hour for a super boring work dinner. I almost didn't even go, but I knew better. Also proud of myself for not drinking - that's part of what made the dinner fairly boring - but I'm in a "not drinking right now" phase because it's just not doing me any favors. It's been a month since I had a drink and I'm happy with the experiment and how I feel as a result.
Poor Ellie Mae was given anti-anxiety meds because she was such a hot mess after her (successful! no extractions or complications!) teeth cleaning. She was so out of it when I picked her up it was kind of sad/kind of funny. But I did get them to fill a prescription for it so I can potentially take her on a road trip at Christmas time and she won't be a hot mess for 5 hours in the car.

Sport
  • Walking
  • 18m

Also did not want to do this, but walked on my home treadmill because I'm still trying to get in 30 minutes of movement every day in addition to the run streak.

lisac957's Training Log

September 2019 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30     

Time
Distance
  • Invesco QQQ Thanksgiving Day Half Marathon (Run)
    11/28/2019 Atlanta, Georgia
  • October's totals
  • September's totals
  • 2019 totals
  • 2018 totals