Swim
  • 57m 21s
  • 3000.00 yards
  • 01m 55s /100 yards

Apparently "late lunch on a Friday" is the busiest time slot at my pool! Holy moly I've never seen it this crowded. But I'm so spoiled. By crowded, I mean all six lanes had someone in them, and one lane had 2 people in it. I sat on a bench for awhile observing and to see if anyone would offer to share. Spent five minutes watching a lady aqua jogging, a guy floating on his back, a guy with a snorkel (not judging! just observing) and then a guy offered to share. Felt like high school swim team there were so many people in the pool. Got a lane to myself later but lesson learned to wait until my normal time at 5 p.m. I only went at lunch today because I took my boss up on her offer for me to work from home this afternoon since I had to come in on my normal WFH day yesterday for an in-person meeting. And the pool is on the way home.

Swim was OK. I was debating on doing 3,000 yd but once I got to 2,500 it seemed like I should just do the 3K. We've also reached the point in training where my right shoulder revolts a little bit.

Run
  • 12m 16s
  • 1.00 miles
  • 12m 16s /Mi

After logging off work with Ellie Mae. Lots of people, dogs and distractions in the neighborhood!

Only two more big weekends before Augusta 70.3, then my travel extravaganza begins (Augusta, Charleston, Vegas, Vegas again, San Diego, London, Tallahassee, Tallahassee again, Paris - that's through February). Crossing my fingers that the new dog sitter works out. I've booked her through the Vegas trips so going to assess how it's working out after that. 

Above average heat forecasted for the weekend, 95 degrees real temps, so that's lovely (where is FALLLL?). Long workout plans are 55 mile ride + 2-mile brick run tomorrow, then 11-mile run Sunday. Next weekend is 60+2, then 12 miles. Taper after that. Going to work hard to remember my Base Salt.

Bike #1
  • 45m
  • 11.80 miles
  • 15.73 Mi/hr

Lunch spin bike

Run
  • 11m 29s
  • 1.01 miles
  • 11m 23s /Mi

Lunch treadmill. Legs were unnecessarily tight.

Bike #2
  • 1h 15m
  • 19.86 miles
  • 15.89 Mi/hr

Trainer after work. A bit tough.

Sport
  • Walking
  • 12m

Ellie Mae

Got the standing desk equipment set up - it looks a bit clunky but I don't care, I get to stand to work! Our admin and I 'secretly' carried it over because involving facilities would have likely meant they would have repossessed it. She's going to order me a standing mat next week but for now I'm just taking off my heels. 

Run
  • 50m 02s
  • 4.28 miles
  • 11m 41s /Mi

Treadmill after work, not the best, but done!

Sport
  • Walking
  • 08m

Ellie Mae

Run
  • 45m 02s
  • 3.91 miles
  • 11m 31s /Mi

Lunch run. Wasn't into this and my right foot hurt at the beginning, but I powered through.

Bike
  • 1h 00m
  • 15.93 miles
  • -----

Trainer

Sport
  • Walking
  • 10m

Ellie Mae

With all of the shuffling going on at work, I realized that one of the people who recently left had standing desk equipment in her cube - which is a hot commodity as they require you to have a doctor's note and SVP approval (ridiculous! They should be standard issue!). I learned awhile back that this gal had actually "snagged" it from someone else who left right when she started, so she never even had a doctor's note or anything. So guess who asked if they could have the un-used standing desk equipment? 

Run
  • 12m 19s
  • 1.01 miles
  • 12m 12s /Mi
Sport
  • Yoga
  • 20m

Took Ellie Mae to a dog park for the very first time! She was such an angel. When we first got there, only one other dog was there and they just kind of sniffed each other. But after a little while, more and more showed up and then there were like 10 dogs and she had a blast. She would run around with them in short bursts, then come back to me in the shade, repeat repeat repeat. One of the other dog moms commented that Ellie Mae was the queen of the park today - she was the "greeter" and one of the most social, haha! Who knew?

Run
  • 1h 38m 13s
  • 8.02 miles
  • 12m 15s /Mi

Great run to cap off my recovery week. Fresh shoes, new Pandora station, some cloud cover. Surprised myself with a peppier pace than the last many long runs. Feeling good for once!

Sport
  • Walking
  • 15m

Ellie Mae

Registered for the Thanksgiving Day half marathon last night so it’s official-official that I’ll be staying in town.

Bike
  • 3h 16m 49s
  • 48.29 miles
  • 14.72 Mi/hr

Tri club ride solo.
A nice ride, with the exception of my saddle sore area. I put a bunch of udder butter cream on it but it was still tender. One funny scary thing happened... I came around a curve to see what I thought was a 150 pound Rottweiler or some other huge monster dog on the side of the road staring at me. But upon further inspection, it was a loose baby cow! Clearly out of its fence and harmless, but gosh that scared me good. The chicken processing smell had me mouth breathing for many miles again. So many chicken farms, they even have signs saying who they sell to. The smell really impacts the quality of the riding up here :(
Only dropped my chain once.

Run
  • 11m 44s
  • 1.01 miles
  • 11m 37s /Mi

Brick. My right knee was in pain again and I felt kind of achy. But got it done.

lisac957's Training Log

September 2019 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30     

Time
Distance
  • December's totals
  • November's totals