Run
  • 52m 49s
  • 4.51 miles
  • 11m 43s /Mi

Treadmill after work - not good, not bad.

Run
  • 37m 17s
  • 3.05 miles
  • 12m 13s /Mi

Average run!

Strength
  • 10m

Starting some upper body stuff back up!

Sport
  • Walking
  • 09m

Cool down with Ellie Mae

Not so much resolutions this year, but "to do's" as someone here mentioned - I like that idea. 

• Weigh 135 pounds (or less) by the end of March. This would mean losing 8-10 pounds (depending on the day). I genuinely believe this will make the Ironman process more enjoyable and more do-able.
  • Finish IM Wisconsin! (duh!)
  • Start the process of buying a house. I'm not going to put pressure on myself to buy this year if I can't find what I want, but definitely want to get serious about it after the Ironman (no way I want to house hunt, pack or move during training, so it will be after). 

I don't really have a professional or financial goal this year. I'm in good places in both categories, so just keep on keeping on. I'll have to put in a few years with this new role at work before any viable opportunities will come up, but I'll still continue to position myself for the next step.

Run
  • 53m 42s
  • 4.51 miles
  • 11m 55s /Mi

Pretty good run - temps in the low 50s so very comfortable. Finished the year with 116 more running miles than last year!

Sport
  • Walking
  • 10m

Cool down with Ellie Mae

Sport
  • Walking
  • 09m

Ellie Mae - she's back to normal today, energy wise. She was so tired last night she skipped dinner, even though I could hear her stomach growling.

A much-needed, quiet day not doing anything, haha. I did go to the grocery store(s) for food for the week, then I went on a goose chase trying to find a bamboo sushi rolling mat. I searched Kroger, Walmart, Bed Bath & Beyond and Target before I gave up. Only to remember I had something at home that will work LOL! I have this old bamboo box thingie that I store tea bags in (and I never drink tea) - I took it apart and voila - I have a bamboo rolling mat. 

I also got a text from Christina that she is terribly sick and won't be able to do New Years Eve tomorrow. We were going to just hang out at her house with a guy she is kind of dating so it would have been mildly awkward with me as a third wheel. We were going to have him drive us up to The Battery if we got bored at her house. I'm not too upset about it, all though I did have a new outfit to wear! Planning to make the sushi tomorrow, which will take awhile, so at least I'll have something to do while drinking champagne solo.

Drove back to Atlanta this afternoon - had a great Christmas with lots of family fun and little drama (my uncle did lose his wallet but then miraculously found it). I absolutely love hanging out with my family, in short spurts of course lol, quirks and all. They make me smile and laugh and remind me how lucky and loved I am. 

I brought Ellie Mae and she did great for the most part. I had to give her anxiety medication for the car ride(s), just half doses, and gave her another half dose for the Christmas Eve party. Which I think was a mistake as she had a weird reaction where she couldn't open her left eye and then couldn't focus on anything. She cuddled up with me, sleeping on and off for a bit, then she snapped out of it and was fine. It scared me for a minute but I think the two half-doses in the same day was too much for her. The half dose I gave her this morning did it's job and she was an angel on the drive home - still conked out but no alarming side effects. She got along great with my sister's puppy and they were adorable together! 

I also got to see my oldest nephew on the drums with his new band. They played a bar gig last night and it was just so good. They're better than most bar bands I've heard, and these kids are all in high school with my nephew (Freshman in college) being the oldest! I LOVED watching him have the time of his life on stage - it's infectious to see people you love shine like that. 

All that said, it's always nice to get home after being away for awhile. Feeling motivated to eat well and move my body more. I actually lost a little weight in Florida, which was a nice surprise. But I still have a ways to go to fulfill the deal I made with myself when I signed up for IMWI. Ready to get to it.

Run
  • 1h 17m 55s
  • 6.12 miles
  • 12m 44s /Mi

Tough run! I had planned to do 7 miles with my sister, but she headed out earlier so this was solo. Good thing because I would have been a terrible run buddy today. Humidity got me good.

Run
  • 36m 53s
  • 3.06 miles
  • 12m 03s /Mi

Solo run from Brenda’s house. Warm and I should have brought water.

lisac957's Training Log

January 2020 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
    1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31 

Time
Distance
  • March's totals
  • February's totals