Run
  • 05m 52s
  • 0.50 miles
  • 11m 44s /Mi

Trying so hard not to push it. Just a little test - ginger, cautious running. Felt good. Ankle is tight and complains if I move it to the side too much. But this was just fine.

Sport #1
  • Walking
  • 20m

Treadmill

Sport #2
  • Walking
  • 08m

Ellie Mae. She got into a barking match with a chocolate lab lol

Last night since it was so cold, I super gingerly jogged a few steps with Ellie Mae on her walk. THUMBS UP! I don't want to go running 10 miles today or anything (still a twinge of pain here and there), but I did bring my workout clothes and will try a lil' something over lunch. 

Bike
  • 1h 00m
  • 15.34 miles
  • -----

Trainer before bed. Feeling stronger.

Sport
  • Walking
  • 06m

Brisk dog walk. It’s cold here.

Strength
  • 15m

Upper body seated

Sport
  • Walking
  • 15m

Bundled up in the 30 degree wind chill for a leisurely but longer walk. Covered more than 1/2 mile with just a twinge of pain in the ankle.

Removed the Tallahassee half marathon from my planned races ^, sad face. Stupid pine cone. Sad to not be running, but I gotta be smart and keep my eyes on September.

Bike
  • 1h 00m
  • 15.52 miles
  • -----

Watching football. Riding feels good! Still not ready to run, ankle pain comes and goes. Maybe I’ll just keep riding until it feels safe to run.

Sport
  • Walking
  • 06m

Bike
  • 30m
  • 7.36 miles
  • 14.72 Mi/hr

Tentatively testing how the ankle feels on the trainer. Short and easy, but no pain. Edit: it was kind of achy afterwards; not sure if that was normal or because of riding.

Swim
  • 31m 07s
  • 1600.00 yards
  • 01m 56s /100 yards

Same story as last week but ankle is better. Not ready to kick, but better. Quiet and peaceful swim.

Sport
  • Walking
  • 09m

Ellie Mae

Made a bunch of progress on my IM Wisconsin training plan. The last few I've made have gotten wonky at the end with a 6-week build block, with the block ending in peak week. I decided to NOT do that this time around and am instead just backing out from peak week to be normal 3 week build/1 week recover for the entire plan. Much more logical.

Starts with 7.5 hours the first week and max is 17.5 hours in peak week.

In general the plan is:
Monday: Yoga/rest
Tuesday: Short bike
Wednesday: Medium swim, Medium run
Thursday: Medium bike
Friday: Long swim, Short run
Saturday: Long bike + brick runs starting in May
Sunday: Long run

Strength
  • 13m

Upper body seated

Sport
  • Walking
  • 11m

Ellie Mae. My ankle felt achy and hurt-y all day, but much better when I moved with this walk.

Super glorious work from home day. I really needed to sleep in a little and catch up. Sounding like a broken record, but ankle is still s-l-o-w-l-y healing. I'm surprised the deep bruising is still visible, and it's still tender to the touch. But pain is 80% gone. I still have to go down stairs one at a time because that motion is painful. But thinking I'll be able to hop on the trainer before the end of the week.

lisac957's Training Log

January 2020 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
    1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31 

Time
Distance
  • April's totals
  • March's totals