The following equipment is nearing replacement:
Bike
  • 1h 00m
  • 15.57 miles
  • -----

Trainer after logging off of work. Heart rate got high at the end - maxed at 161!

Sport
  • Walking
  • 09m

Ellie Mae

Turns out that I do need to travel next week after all - but only for one night now and not the whole week. Scrambling to find a dog sitter at the last minute. I would have paid for one night of my normal gal, but she is booked already. I think I found someone - we have a meet and greet scheduled for Saturday. It will be nice to have another choice - all though she is still $40/night. I'm willing to pay that if she doesn't raise her prices every other month.

My co-worker mentioned she boards her dog for $36/night, which doesn't include 1:1 time or extra walks, plus she has to drive back and forth to the facility (which in ATL probably means an hour of driving round trip - twice). So I think $40 is in line with fair market pricing, especially when Ellie Mae gets to stay home and gets 1:1 attention. 

OMG now I'm not going. This back and forth stuff drives me batty. They got it covered with people who were already going to be there. Cancelled the dog sitter meet and greet - she probably thinks I'm such a flake.

Run
  • 05m 52s
  • 0.50 miles
  • 11m 44s /Mi

Trying so hard not to push it. Just a little test - ginger, cautious running. Felt good. Ankle is tight and complains if I move it to the side too much. But this was just fine.

Sport #1
  • Walking
  • 20m

Treadmill

Sport #2
  • Walking
  • 08m

Ellie Mae. She got into a barking match with a chocolate lab lol

Last night since it was so cold, I super gingerly jogged a few steps with Ellie Mae on her walk. THUMBS UP! I don't want to go running 10 miles today or anything (still a twinge of pain here and there), but I did bring my workout clothes and will try a lil' something over lunch. 

Bike
  • 1h 00m
  • 15.34 miles
  • -----

Trainer before bed. Feeling stronger.

Sport
  • Walking
  • 06m

Brisk dog walk. It’s cold here.

Strength
  • 15m

Upper body seated

Sport
  • Walking
  • 15m

Bundled up in the 30 degree wind chill for a leisurely but longer walk. Covered more than 1/2 mile with just a twinge of pain in the ankle.

Removed the Tallahassee half marathon from my planned races ^, sad face. Stupid pine cone. Sad to not be running, but I gotta be smart and keep my eyes on September.

Bike
  • 1h 00m
  • 15.52 miles
  • -----

Watching football. Riding feels good! Still not ready to run, ankle pain comes and goes. Maybe I’ll just keep riding until it feels safe to run.

Sport
  • Walking
  • 06m

Bike
  • 30m
  • 7.36 miles
  • 14.72 Mi/hr

Tentatively testing how the ankle feels on the trainer. Short and easy, but no pain. Edit: it was kind of achy afterwards; not sure if that was normal or because of riding.

Swim
  • 31m 07s
  • 1600.00 yards
  • 01m 56s /100 yards

Same story as last week but ankle is better. Not ready to kick, but better. Quiet and peaceful swim.

Sport
  • Walking
  • 09m

Ellie Mae

Made a bunch of progress on my IM Wisconsin training plan. The last few I've made have gotten wonky at the end with a 6-week build block, with the block ending in peak week. I decided to NOT do that this time around and am instead just backing out from peak week to be normal 3 week build/1 week recover for the entire plan. Much more logical.

Starts with 7.5 hours the first week and max is 17.5 hours in peak week.

In general the plan is:
Monday: Yoga/rest
Tuesday: Short bike
Wednesday: Medium swim, Medium run
Thursday: Medium bike
Friday: Long swim, Short run
Saturday: Long bike + brick runs starting in May
Sunday: Long run

lisac957's Training Log

January 2020 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
    1 2 3 4