The following equipment is nearing replacement:

Exercising patience as I wait for my ankle to heal. Definitely feeling better and swelling is going down. Work is keeping me busy with a series of meetings starting next week for one of the functions I support. But I don't love being sidelined. 

Also YES watching The Bachelor. I can't help it! I'm still salty over Mike not being chosen. But Peter is cute. And Hannah needs to move along. No early favorites, but I did appreciate the woman who wore a PANT SUIT and HIGH PONYTAIL on the first night - I'm sure that took a lot to buck the trend of a boob-tastic gown and beach-waved hair - she looked fantastic.

• Health data: Injury: 3

Swelling is down this morning but still puffy and starting to bruise. I drove up to work and had Christina run my laptop down so I can work from home for a few days. I think I can probably go in on Wednesday.

• Health data: Injury: 4
Spent 2.5 hours at urgent care this afternoon. So many sick people, I did not touch a thing, not even the sign in pen (used my own). Finally got looked at and the doctor was concerned with how much swelling there was, didn’t think it was broken but ordered X-rays to make sure. This is the same leg and just a few inches from my IM LOU leg break so I was glad to have confirmation. No broken bones. Bad sprain.

I’ve seen this doc before and I like her - she’s very liberal with meds. I told her I’d taken a 2015 era Percocet last night (I’d saved them!) and she called in a fresh batch of those plus a huge batch of 800 mg ibuprofen. I need to RICE until swelling goes down and she recommended staying home from work for a few days. Walking/running as soon as all pain is gone. Probably 2 weeks before I can run.

Tallahassee half marathon up in the air at this point. I’m just so thankful it’s not broken. I was having vivid flashbacks of after I broke my leg - similar pain just a bit less - and didn’t want to think about what a break would mean for the rest of this year.

• Health data: Injury: 5
Run
  • 15m 35s
  • 0.77 miles
  • 20m 15s /Mi

Oh no. I slid on a pine cone and twisted my foot and ankle so bad. Limped home and saw it’s crazy swollen. Can’t believe I was going to try and keep going.
Put a compression sock on and am icing it. It’s kinda bad!

• Health data: Injury: 5
Bike
  • 55m 01s
  • 14.70 miles
  • -----

Shana came in today solely to teach this spin class, haha! Tracked my heart rate on my Garmin on the "indoor bike" mode and it automatically uploaded here and on Strava - cool. Pushed a little harder than normal today.

Sport
  • Walking
  • 20m

Extra steps on the treadmill at an incline. I'm experimenting with wearing my new Garmin all the time because it tracks my steps - and I was really motivated when I wore a Fitbit for the same thing to move more. I intentionally got the "pretty" Garmin (white and rose gold) so I would do this.

Despite horrendous sleep last night, I'm feeling great today. Down a teeny bit on the scale, and my lunch workout left me feeling super energetic. The key for me losing this weight will absolutely be not eating after dinner. I'm so bad about this! Last night I ate dinner, then an hour later I wanted something else. I told myself if I was hungry enough to eat, I had to eat veggies - so I sauteed up a few brussels sprouts and ate them - that did the trick. Then I had a glass of wine but whatever 

Run
  • 52m 49s
  • 4.51 miles
  • 11m 43s /Mi

Treadmill after work - not good, not bad.

Run
  • 37m 17s
  • 3.05 miles
  • 12m 13s /Mi

Average run!

Strength
  • 10m

Starting some upper body stuff back up!

Sport
  • Walking
  • 09m

Cool down with Ellie Mae

Not so much resolutions this year, but "to do's" as someone here mentioned - I like that idea. 

• Weigh 135 pounds (or less) by the end of March. This would mean losing 8-10 pounds (depending on the day). I genuinely believe this will make the Ironman process more enjoyable and more do-able.
  • Finish IM Wisconsin! (duh!)
  • Start the process of buying a house. I'm not going to put pressure on myself to buy this year if I can't find what I want, but definitely want to get serious about it after the Ironman (no way I want to house hunt, pack or move during training, so it will be after). 

I don't really have a professional or financial goal this year. I'm in good places in both categories, so just keep on keeping on. I'll have to put in a few years with this new role at work before any viable opportunities will come up, but I'll still continue to position myself for the next step.

lisac957's Training Log

January 2020 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
    1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31 

Time
Distance
  • Ironman Wisconsin 2021 (Triathlon)
    9/12/2021 Madison, Wisconsin