The following equipment is nearing replacement:
Sport
  • Walking
  • 2h 00m
Slept in a little today, then headed out for my Eiffel Tower tour. Ran into some issues with the RER train not running so I ended up walking over 2 miles to get there. Near the end of the walk a huge storm blew in, temps dropped like 20 degrees and it poured rain. Of course, your girl left her umbrella in the hotel!! Made it to the tower entrance and had to stand in the rain at the queue, not the funnest part of the day! The very top was closed (so apparently I’ll get a refund) but I went up as far as I could. Still cool I guess. But after that I was so cold and wet that I had to get back to the hotel to regroup. Took a hot bath and changed clothes - ugh!

Headed back out and toured Sainte-Chapelle, the Pantheon and Montparnasse Tower - so felt like I did get some good stuff in today. When I got back to the hotel they sent up birthday champagne and that just made my day!

Walked another 10 miles. My legs are absolutely trashed.

Sport
  • Walking
  • 2h 00m
Ventured to Versailles in the morning and toured the palace at my own pace (pretty fast). By the time I got back to the hotel I was really sleepy, so took a little nap. Got up and headed to the Arc de Triomphe, climbed to the top, then at the bottom watched the eternal flame ceremony at the tomb of the unknown soldier. Then made my way to a 100% gluten free pizzeria to eat and stopped by a cute cafe for birthday champagne on the way back. A really nice day! Walked about 10 miles.

Sport
  • Walking
  • 30m
Got in at 5 am (plane landed an hour early!) and successfully navigated the RER train, then a transfer to the metro to get to my hotel. Pouring rain! The hotel said it would be a few hours before I could check in, so I went to a corner cafe and had a few cafe cremes. Checked in, took a nap, then headed to my macaron cooking class!

The class was AMAZING! Six ladies all from the USA and we paired up. Each pair made a different filling (lemon curd, vanilla bean custard and chocolate ganache) before making the cookies. Got to take home a huge box of them! Ate dinner at the nice restaurant next to the hotel.

Sport
  • Walking
  • 10m

Ellie Mae walk before heading to the airport.

Last week, one of my colleagues (Director level - above me) announced he's leaving our company. Normally this wouldn't be a big deal - people come and go - but this guy was one of those people who was a cheerleader for me in the background. He really liked my style and has said out loud to others that I should be promoted to a Director and lead our mass comms efforts. I loved that he was such a promoter for me, and that's HARD to come by, so I'm kind of upset he's leaving. He's heading to Comcast's headquarters in Philadelphia, moving his family and everything. Said he's been talking to them for 6 months, walked away multiple times, and they finally offered him something he couldn't refuse. He'll be an incredible contact in my network going forward, but man it still makes you think when people just move on to something better.

Mildly irritated that my only two days in the office this week and BOTH of them have lunch-time meetings scheduled. So much for getting in some quick lunch workouts. Not complaining, not complaining. Got my merit increase notice today (4.5%, which is after a 6.1% raise with my lateral move in October) and bonus's hit the day after I get back from Paris. Going to see if I can get a bike fit appointment for late next week and bring that Argon home 

Run
  • 1h 01m 33s
  • 5.02 miles
  • 12m 16s /Mi

Good run! Got to wear short sleeves!

Sport
  • Walking
  • 10m

Cool down with Ellie Mae

lisac957's Training Log

February 2020 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat