Bike
  • 1h 00m
  • 15.47 miles
  • 15.47 Mi/hr

Evening trainer ride. My brain is tired.

Sport
  • Walking
  • 12m

Had a meeting end early so squeezed out the door for a lovely, sun-shine-y walk.

It’s gonna be one of those days. I gotta say, though, that blocking 8-9 a.m. daily has been one of the best decisions I've ever made. Our executives start their days really early (like 6 a.m.) so an 8 a.m. meeting doesn't register as "early" at all. For MY team's culture, it is though. We tend to work from 9 - 6 type of hours. Anyway, it's been wonderful not having administrative assistants put 8 a.m. calls on my schedule.

Run
  • 1h 03m 02s
  • 5.00 miles
  • 12m 37s /Mi

Evening run - took the long way around to Big Creek Park and the Greenway, which meant climbing 1/2 mile straight uphill out of the park. Just needed a scenery change.

All right, I got the Madison hotel and flight booked! I had Delta eCredits to use from last year, but decided to upgrade to Comfort+ for more leg room on the way home. I'm still extremely leery about the event happening, but might as well get things lined up in the event we actually race. I was checking AirBnB and VRBO and wow, is it just Madison or have rates gotten wildly expensive?! In the past in cities like Louisville, Chattanooga, Santa Rosa, I've been able to rent (VERY NICE) homes for far less cost than separate hotel rooms - but when I looked yesterday everything was like 3x more expensive with all of the fees added. Wild. We did get a 2-bed/2-bath suite with a full kitchen at a Residence Inn, which this group has done before, so I'm comfortable with what we have.

Got a nice surprise today from Christina for watching the dog over new years - a gluten free key lime pie (frozen - delivered in dry ice by FedEx)! Apparently from a locally famous bakery where they were at in Florida. So thoughtful - she also got me a bottle of wine and Ellie Mae a new toy. Now my dilemma is do I save the pie until my birthday next month, or dive in?! haha... I was planning on ordering a gluten free cake for myself from the bakery in town because I've always wanted to try one of their cakes. But now I have this entire key lime pie that's throwing me off 

Run
  • 48m 56s
  • 4.07 miles
  • 12m 02s /Mi

Whoa, I haven't felt this good on a run in a VERY long time. Rare and fantastic. Legs felt strong and springy. I was actually worried because I ended up putting some BioFreeze on a couple of spots along my left IT Band last night, but no trace of stiffness today. I did finish in the dark, but just for the last few minutes.

Sport
  • Walking
  • 13m

Lunch walk. Not sure when I'm going to get my run in as I have meetings all the way through 5 p.m. Didn't have enough of a lunch break to squeeze it in. Might try running in the dark?

Hearing of a number of spring races being postponed, and it feels like deja vu. It's got me thinking about Ironman Wisconsin. Do I go ahead and make hotel and flight reservations and just make sure the hotel category is refundable? Wait until things are clearer in the spring/early summer (and risk unavailability of flight times or hotel location)? I'm really leery about planning anything, but I don't want to wait too long and then not have any choices available.

Sport #1
  • Walking
  • 15m

Had a break in the rain so got our legs moving.

Sport #2
  • Yoga
  • 23m

This is the first Monday in my marathon training I've woken up stiff and dragging. Slept hard last night and struggled (more than usual) to get up this morning. A sign of a good training week I suppose. This is a "step back" week in running, but it really only affects my long run next Sunday - 12 miles. 

Last night I made another sourdough creation - flatbreads! I used them to make mini pizzas and they were amazing. So far I've made boule bread, crackers, biscuits and flatbread. Going to make more crackers today I think. The flatbread was the easiest and the biscuits were the best, but they did use a whole stick of butter for only 6  so I'll probably only make those as treats. I can see myself making bread and flatbreads often though!

Run
  • 3h 20m 28s
  • 16.05 miles
  • 12m 29s /Mi

Great temps in the mid-40s for this long run! I had pre-mapped out two different distance loops, the first one being longer and swinging out farther east than I've explored before. Because I'd never even driven some of the roads, I didn't realize there was construction and no sidewalk for a good bit. I had to climb through a mud pit of sorts, my poor shoes! After that I was back on familiar roads.

Had some highs and lows as usual for a long run. I did pull out two ibuprofen at mile 9 to dull the weirdness happening in my left leg (knee, IT Band AND quad). It was never enough to alarm me, but I hoped the ibuprofen would make me stop thinking about it, and it did.

I had 3 Rocktane Gus and was pretty hungry by the end, but I think it was just about right for this distance. Right when I walked in the door, Lizzo's "Feeling good as hell" came on and I had a little dance party with Ellie Mae in the living room. My legs are definitely DONE from this run, but in a really good way.

Swim
  • 38m 49s
  • 2000.00 yards
  • 01m 56s /100 yards

Standard Saturday swim! I got in RIGHT on the dot at the top of the hour today and got out with two minutes to spare (50-minute time slot). Maybe I need to shorten my rest intervals.
Today I did: 6x250, 1x200, 3x100.

Sport
  • Walking
  • 12m

Cold evening walk with Ellie Mae

Got a lot done today. I finally installed my outdoor security camera (long story - had to order and wait for a charger for my power screwdriver because I couldn't find mine). It picks up sound, and hilariously picked up the Amazon delivery guy telling Ellie Mae to "shut up"  - lol kind of? I know I have a "barker" but honestly it's really good security in itself. I rarely shush her for "security barking" because in my mind that's a great thing.

Anyway, I also got on a food prep kick, which I never do. I made cauliflower/egg cups, roasted sweet potato, a huge Instant Pot of veggies and rice, and I'm going to make some sourdough pizza flatbread tonight in anticipation of making a homemade pizza after my long run tomorrow. I also ran the dishwasher, swept the downstairs flooring, put away laundry and cleaned all three bathrooms. Woot.

Run
  • 50m 45s
  • 4.03 miles
  • 12m 35s /Mi

Wind chill 30 - cold and gray out, but the rain stopped so no excuses.
After doing the double feeding, initial proof and then overnight proof last night, I baked a boule of sourdough today and I actually think it will be great (haven't cut into it yet). And then made some sourdough biscuits from some discard I had saved. Those were a success! The first actually sort of fluffy biscuits I've been able to make from scratch (all gluten free). Going to play around with individual flours for the biscuits as I just used an all purpose one - but I think I can do better.

Sport
  • Walking
  • 11m

Cold and light rain lunch walk. Elijah will be going back home tonight - I loved having him around!

Wanna get mad (about something else) with me?

Republican legislators plan to crack down on voting access after record turnout helped Democrat Joe Biden win Georgia, flipping the state after 24 years of GOP presidential wins. They blame absentee ballots, used by 1.3 million Georgians who voted from home during the coronavirus pandemic. In all, 5 million people voted in the general election.

Former Republican U.S. House Speaker Newt Gingrich recently wrote that absentee ballot drop boxes “make it harder for Republicans to win,” a claim that Democrats attacked as an acknowledgement that restricting voting is the GOP’s goal rather than fighting fraud.

lisac957's Training Log

January 2021 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
      1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Time
Distance
  • Publix Atlanta Marathon 2021 (Run)
    2/28/2021 Atlanta, Georgia