• 5h 38m 53s
  • 112.00 miles
  • 19.83 Mi/hr

T2 - 4:15

Run
  • 3h 26m 21s
  • 26.20 miles
  • 07m 53s /Mi

2300 - Approximate times...will update once I get the real ones.  It was really windy on the bike.  I could have gone sub 5:30 with less wind.  I felt strong.  Swim was violent as usual.  No surprise.  Run rocked, again as usual.  I love just blowing by everyone that blew by me on the bike.  :)

Now, I get to be a runner/crossfitter for a year.  I am done with IM racing for a while.  My body, mind, psyche, attitude, etc. need a break from it.  It's been a hard year.

0420 - Slept well, feeling good.  Let's do this. 

• Health data: Sleep: 4 Stress: 4 Soreness: 4 Fatigue: 5 Hours slept: 7 Overall Workout: 5
Run
  • 02m
  • 0.25 miles
  • -----

Running to the portapotties a few times. :)

Swim
  • 13m 34s
  • 800.00 yards
  • 01m 42s /100 yards

A little choppier than yesterday!!

Bike
  • 03m
  • 0.50 miles
  • -----

Just a little spin to test the race wheels out.

0820 - Busy day today!!!  Lots done.   Got some ART, a massage, dropped bikes, ate, laughed, ate some more, cooked, met lots of BTers, etc.  Time to get everything all packed up and get to bed!  Big day tomorrow.  Thanks for all the great inspires y'all!!!

0710 - Pre-race day!!!  The weather's not as chilly here today.  Today's workouts are just short little bursts.  15 minutes of each.  My bike is all set up...cleaned, aligned, adjusted, and the race wheels are on.  Thanks to Jess, I'll be running a HED3 up front and I've put my disc cover on my Rev-X rear wheel, so the bike is lookin' pretty kickin right now! :)
            OK, we're off to swim.  And I need some food too.

• Health data: Sleep: 4 Stress: 4 Soreness: 4 Fatigue: 4 Hours slept: 8 Overall Workout: 3
Swim
  • 33m 07s
  • 2100.00 yards
  • 01m 35s /100 yards

Gatorade practice swim #1. One full lap of the course. I felt very strong today. We'll see if I can repeat that tomorrow. Probably won't do a full lap tomorrow like I did today though.

Bike
  • 51m 41s
  • 16.27 miles
  • 18.89 Mi/hr

First 10 miles with Jim, we rode a bit of the course, chatted, and then hammered for about 3 miles coming back...was able to hit 25mph so that was nice. Winds were across us, so that helped too.

Then I rode back to the hotel, another 6 or so miles.

1505 - Workout number two, done.  Good ride, got a feel for the course, it's gonna be flat and fast.  Although, I think the wind will have something to say about all-out speed, but still, it'll be a good ride on Saturday I think.  Now it's time to get freshened up and head back over to the expo and then to the BT gathering. 

1250 - Ironmishap number one...forgot USAT card and had to come all the way back to the room (10 minute drive) to get it.  Now, go back to the reg area, get registered, ride bike with Jim.  If it doesn't take all day to register!! 

1020 - Workout number one, done.  Good swim this morning.  Felt strong and fast due to a good current helping me on the way out, and across the shore.  Fought a little bit of chop on the way back in, but not too bad...only took one more minute to get back in than it did to go out.  Next up, a bike ride with timebaron, and possibly a short run later on tonight.

0720 - It's FRICKIN' FREEZING IN HERE MR. BIGGLESWORTH!!!  44 degrees here in PCB.  I truly do not know how I'm gonna react to this weather.  Gee, this sounds like CdA when I was worried about the water temps.  I got thru that with no problems...I hope this is more of the same.
            OK...so...plans for today.  Meeting up with some BTers around 8 to do some swimming.  Probably won't get in the water til around 830.  Then registration, expo, etc.  Not to mention I want the breakfast buffet at that little place I ate last year with timebaron.  YUM...good eats!!!

• Health data: Sleep: 4 Stress: 4 Soreness: 4 Fatigue: 4 Hours slept: 8 Overall Workout: 4
Run
  • 14m 58s
  • 2.00 miles
  • 07m 29s /Mi

Just a quick run once we got to PCB.

Brian ran his first sub-7:30 miles tonight!!! WHOOP WHOOOOOP!!

2200 - YAY!!!  I'm heeeeeeeeere!!!  Time for some food! 

1400 - T-minus 30 minutes til I'm on my way!!!  Whoop whooooooop!

1050 - Yeah I know, I'm being wordy today. I'm anxious!!
           So anyway, I was just reading my USAT Life magazine and there was this picture advertising a tri, it was in a big lake or something...in the foreground was a kayak, and in the main focus was a line of triathletes swimming...I laid eyes on it and I almost got sick to my stomach!!  I thought...HOLY CRAP I HAVE TO DO THAT IN THREE DAYS!!!  I'm all of a sudden nervous again...come on Q, this should be easy after surviving the hell that was the CdA swim.  Sheesh!!!  This is my first IM in the OCEAN tho...totally don't know what to expect.  I mean come on...I'm swimming A HALF A MILE OUT TO SEA before turning around to come back.

0945 - Guess which furry friend is coming up to PCB with us tonight! :)

0720 -  ACK!  Totally didn't sleep well last night...I guess my nerves got the best of me.  I did wind up taking a Benadryl and as I thought, I couldn't get up to swim this morning.  I may try to run a bit tonight, I don't want a blue square.  I'll be swimming plenty tomorrow and Friday, but I still wanna get in a little workout tonight, I don't want any rest days during the last taper.
            Leaving work today around 1430 and heading straight up to PCB.  Should be there around 2030, 2100.  Dinner will have to be drive-thru or a protein shake or something.  Then I can eat when we get there.  So psyched to get up there!!  Just have to make it thru 7 more hours of work, with no lunch hour.

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 4 Fatigue: 5 Hours slept: 6 Overall Workout: 4
Bike
  • 29m 10s
  • 9.24 miles
  • 19.01 Mi/hr

This was a very windy and cold ride. I must be stupid. Riding in shorts and a sleeveless shirt 4 days before an Ironman in cold weather like this.

2300 - It's 11pm, I'm still awake, and I went to bed at 940.  I knew this was gonna happen.  I'm all excited to go to PCB and now I can't sleep.  Hello...BENADRYL.  So much for getting up to swim, I'll never wake up at 0430 after taking a Benadryl.  Sheesh.

0810 - OK, so part of my likes this "get to work at 8am" thing...of course when the paycheck comes I'll curse it.  But it's nice sleeping til 7am.  
               Speaking of sleeping, last night I tried sleeping on the other side of my bed, since I haven't turned my mattress in a while.  It seemed to work...my back was very comfortable and I had very restful sleep.
               Tonight, a quick 30 minute trainer ride, and th en Mad Dogs and Englishmen!!  YAY STEAK SANDWICH WITH STILTON FONDUE!!!!!  Can't wait!!

• Health data: Sleep: 4 Stress: 3 Soreness: 4 Fatigue: 4 Overall Workout: 4
Run
  • 15m 56s
  • 2.00 miles
  • 07m 58s /Mi

Just a coupl'a loops around the ol' complex. Did it while the laundry was in.

Packing night underway!!

1930 - ALEVE WORKED!!!  No pukies, and it pretty much kept me pain-free all afternoon!! 

1320 - OK so many of you know that I can't take any other pain killers than Tylenol because they upset my stomach to the point that I throw up.  Well, I've decided today to give Aleve another try, it's been years since I've tried it.  So far, so good.  Usually, an NSAID will make me throw up in 20 minutes or less.  Advil still does it.  But so far, after 25 minutes the Aleve is staying down and not causing any upset!! This would be AWESOME for me and my back pain for Saturday.  If I could pop some Aleve for anti-inflammatory response before the race, and then again during the bike, I'd be fine to complete the whole race nearly pain-free!!  Plus, I'll take some Tylenol rapid-release with me just for an extra pain-killing boost if I need it during the run.  This is a good thing!!  Yay! 

1130 - So get this...I completely forgot to mention that the other night I had THREE dreams about being in prison.  Three separate dreams, but all three were connected.  In one, I was bumming about being there and trying to figure out how my life would be different when I got out.  In the second one I was stressing about work, talking to a therapist, trying to find a portable fan that was under my bed in my cell (which was a patio with screens and windows...go figure) and going to the bathroom a lot (yeah, TMI I know)...and in the third one I was wondering how I was gonna tell work that when I go home at night, it was to prison, not to my house.  I don't even know what I was convicted of in the first dream.  Strange though that I had three connected dreams...and stranger still that I got an email later in the day about someone in my family being on probation and if he doesn't stay on the straight and narrow, he will go to prison for...yep...5 years.  Weird.

0910 - I'm in kind of a pissed-off-ish mood.  I guess it's just a chain reaction of being mad at work because of the pay reduction, and not wanting to be here.  I really hate my job and this pay reduction makes me hate it even more.  I'm stuck here though, until I can either find something else (which is impossible right now) or get educated in personal training and get going with that.  But with the pay reduction, it's impossible for me to afford school.  UGH.  So I'm just pissed off cuz I feel like there's nowhere to go and I'm trapped in this awful hell hole.
               On the lighter side, 5 days til IMFL.  At least I have that to look forward to.  Actually, what I'm looking forward to is it being over so I can concentrate on running.  Today is only a 2 mile run.  Yay!  Race week is here!

• Health data: Sleep: 4 Stress: 3 Soreness: 4 Fatigue: 4 Hours slept: 7 Overall Workout: 3
Bike
  • 1h 56m 39s
  • 33.15 miles
  • 17.05 Mi/hr

Rode with Jess. Flatwoods...windy...not a great ride.

Swim
  • 28m 43s
  • 1749.78 yards
  • 01m 38s /100 yards

Long Course, New Tampa YMCA.

WU:
900m - 1647

MS:
4x100m ALL OUT on the 6 minute
128, 129, 132,133

THESE WERE INSANE!!!!! I thought, OMG these can't be that hard, but for the life of me I could not breathe after about 75m of all-out 100% sprinting. OUCH!!!

CD:
300m easy - 554

Run
  • 28m 53s
  • 3.27 miles
  • 08m 50s /Mi

Ran with Jess and Brian up in New Tampa. Good run! Fun!

• Health data: Sleep: 4 Stress: 5 Soreness: 4 Fatigue: 4 Hours slept: 8

DivergentQ's Training Log

November 2008 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29

Time
Distance
  • June's totals
  • May's totals