• 15m 02s
  • 2.38 miles
  • 9.50 Mi/hr

Rode our bikes to and from the race.

Run
  • 40m 43s
  • 6.21 miles
  • 06m 34s /Mi

Turkey Trot 10K. I wanted to just run a nice tempo, but you know me...always so competitive.

Top 125 got award mugs...I was 85th. No age group awards.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING BT!!

• Health data: Sleep: 4 Stress: 5 Soreness: 4 Fatigue: 4 Hours slept: 7
Strength
  • 04m

Warmup before CF workouts..
2 rounds of
10 pushups
5 pullups
10 situps

Sport #1
  • Crossfit
  • 06m 33s

CrossFit #1
Half-Linda
10-8-6-4-2 of
175lb deadlift
145lb bench press
65lb hang squat clean
Time - 6:33

CrossFit #2
Scaled Fran
15-12-9 of
75lb thrusters
Pullups

Sport #2
  • Crossfit
  • 03m 45s

CrossFit #1
Half-Linda
10-8-6-4-2 of
175lb deadlift
145lb bench press
65lb hang squat clean
Time - 6:33

CrossFit #2
Scaled Fran
15-12-9 of
75lb thrusters
Pullups

I LOVE THIS STUFF!!!! 
A packet of Splenda in it and it's soooo tasty!!! YUM!!!

0735 - Another fun day in the funeral home.  No one talks.  They just do what they do.
               The sooner this day gets over with, the better.  Then I can relax and enjoy my holiday weekend.  Plus, my 50K is this weekend, so I'm looking forward to that too.  3 mile tempo run on the schedule tonight.  CrossFit too, but I probably won't get to that.

• Health data: Sleep: 4 Stress: 3 Soreness: 4 Fatigue: 4 Hours slept: 8
Run
  • 14m 51s
  • 2.00 miles
  • 07m 26s /Mi

1 mile warmup before Robogirlfriend - 727

1 mile cooldown after it - 724

Strength
  • 15m

• EXERCISE

Sets
    Min
    reps
    Max
    reps
    Min
    wt.(lb)
    Max
    wt.(lb)
  • ABS - Knee-Raise, Hanging
  • ABS - Leg Raises, Flat Bench
  • BACK - Pullups - Wide Grip, Pronated
  • BACK - Pullups - Wide Grip, Pronated
  • CHEST - Flat Bench Press
  • CHEST - General
  • LEGS - Front Squats
  • LEGS - Front Squats
  • LEGS - Jump Rope
  • LEGS - Squats, Overhead
  • SHOULDERS - Dumbbell Swings
  • SHOULDERS - Hang Power Clean
  • SHOULDERS - Push Press

WU:
4 rounds
10 reps, 135 lb bench press
10 pullups

MS:
Robogirlfriend

Sport
  • Crossfit
  • 17m 22s

Robogirlfriend!! She kicks my butt.

0910 - It is like a funeral home in this office today.  A total of FOUR people were let go between Friday and yesterday.  This includes 75% of the design staff...leaving only myself.  Our IT guy has been made into a part-time drafter now, to help me out.  Also, our landscape drafter will now be used as a civil drafter so that I'm not completely swamped as well.  But as far as dedicated CAD design staff...I'm it.  It's a lot of pressure.
           I don't know if it's stupid or not, but I feel guilty that I kept my job while my co-worker Yan, a mother of one, with a family to support, who was with this company for six years, had to be let go.  It's really sad.
           On a happier note...tonight I will do CrossFit and a 2 mile tempo run.  Brian's gonna meet me at the gym.  Today's WOD is Lynne, so we will do a modified Lynne as a warmup (instead of max reps of bodyweight bench press and pullups for 5 rounds, we will do 4 rounds of 10 reps of each).  And then...ROBOGIRLFRIEND.

• Health data: Sleep: 4 Stress: 2 Soreness: 4 Fatigue: 4 Hours slept: 8 Overall Workout: 4

2250 - Finally home, unpacked, house straightened.  Ready for bed.  I had an amazing weekend.  I got to see so many cool things happen and got to hang with my most awesome BT friends.  I realized today that pretty much everyone I hang with (including my own boyfriend) I met on the internet.  Is that strange?  The only person I hang with regularly that I did not meet online is my friend John from work.  OK, time for bed.  Back to reality tomorrow.  Something I haven't mentioned here but I know happened on Friday...the entire civil design staff at my company was laid off on Friday except me.  Well, me and another girl who's not in my division...but the thing is, I think she may have been laid off today.  I will be the only remaining designer in my company.  I'm not looking forward to work tomorrow morning.  UGH.

0915 - Can't wait to get home tonight...there is no moisture left in my body.  Plus I feel like crap.  My lungs are full of dust...I can't take a deep breath.  Stuffy nose and headache too.  Basically I feel like I've been hit by a truck.  UGH.  What the hell man...I didn't even race yesterday!
            OK it's time for a weird dream report.  I was sitting in a large manmade body of water (gee, I wonder why I dreamt this?) that had a wall in it...the wall didn't separate it in half, the top of it sat about a foot under the surface.  I was sitting on the wall.   On the left side of the wall, the water was clear, on the right side, it was murky, dark, scary.  I kept slipping off the wall into the dark water and I had to keep climbing back on the wall.  Then I got back on the wall, and tried to put my feet into the clear side, but all these little black fish, shaped like little round balls with fins kept coming up to me wanting food...so I had to keep feeding them. 

"My ASS just did an Ironman." -Zilla
"Hanging out with BTers is like an orgy...only with clothes on." -Trixie
"Wow, that blows.  NOPE.  Wow...that sucks.  Ummmm...NOOOOOPE." - Me and Omega

• Health data: Sleep: 4 Stress: 5 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 7
Run
  • 41m
  • 4.22 miles
  • 09m 43s /Mi

Ran with Paulette to go find Jess on the course. I was freaking cuz I missed her, since I pretty much dropped the ball on everything this morning.

During our run, we ran up that stupid steep hill thing...Hayden Butte...at the corner of Mill and Rio Salado.

Sport #1
  • Cheerleading
  • 12h 00m

Ahhhh a day at Ironman Arizona.

Sport #2
  • Race Volunteering
  • 2h 45m

Sport #3
  • Walking
  • 2h 00m

JESSICA HERSCHBERG IS A F*CKING ROCKSTAR!!!!

CHIPPY IS AN IRONMAN!!!

Congrats Jen, Aaron, and all the other IMAZ BTers!!

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 5 Soreness: 4 Fatigue: 4 Hours slept: 4
Run
  • 1h 21m
  • 9.50 miles
  • 08m 32s /Mi

Ran with Trix, Dave699, and JuliaPurr. Fun times! Took a couple miles to get my rhythm and start breathing correctly but it was a blast! Running with friends rocks!!

Sport
  • Dancing
  • 2h 00m

Had a total blast with TJ, Trixie, and Julia at the gay bar. So much fun!! We headed there first around 8pm...Mike Ricci and Julia's friend Andy joined us for a while, but then we headed to a straight bar which sucked, although the food was good...but then we wanted to dance so we headed back to the gay bar where the music had gotten better and there was a bigger crowd. Mike and Andy had left us, so it was just me and the three girls...we had a blast...so much fun!

1440 - No, I didn't swim and I didn't run 15 miles, but I had a blast and I am gonna run up the big butte in Tempe tomorrow with Trix and Julia.  Now it's time to head to the BT party!! 

0700 - Time to go swim!

1225 - I'M HERE!!!  Yay!!!  The fun has begun.   SHHHHHHHH!!!! 

• Health data: Sleep: 4 Stress: 5 Soreness: 4 Fatigue: 4 Overall Workout: 5
Run
  • 20m 41s
  • 3.10 miles
  • 06m 40s /Mi

CF time trial 5K. Around Ybor. Ya know it's impossible to run fast when there are people in cars trying to kill you.

Still, not a bad little run.

Sport
  • Crossfit
  • 05m

CF Kids workout...scaled it up a bit.

3 rounds (instead of 2) of:
20 situps
10 squats
10 pushups (instead of 5)

1705 - Finally at the airport and thru security.  Now I can study a bit, and relax.  Then I'll read on the plane too.  INNNPUUUUUUT!!!

0800 - Well today's the day...I leave for AZ.  I can't wait to get out of FL for a few days!  Especially to hang out with some awesome peeps!!  15 mile run scheduled for tomorrow...after I swim the ENTIRE course at the practice swim.  Gonna try to go 1:10 to see if I can do it.  Kinda excited about it.  Who'da thunk...me...excited about swimming...sheesh!
               I will also get to work out today since I get to leave work at 1330.  CrossFit and a 3 mile tempo run, just like the other night.  Except only one CF instead of two.  Hopefully today's WOD isn't a run-based workout.  WAIT...HOLY HELL!!!  It's a 5K!  COOL!!  So...just a 5K and I'm done for the day!  Awesome!!  Of course, that changes the run focus.  It's not a tempo run, it's a time trial.  THAT'S NO MOON, IT'S A SPACE STATION!!!
                Just for good measure though, I will do the CrossFit Kids WOD as a warmup.  It's simple...2 rounds of 20 situps, 10 squats, 5 pushups.  Easy.

• Health data: Sleep: 4 Stress: 4 Soreness: 4 Fatigue: 4 Hours slept: 7 Overall Workout: 3

DivergentQ's Training Log

November 2008 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29

Time
Distance
  • June's totals
  • May's totals
  • 2016 totals