Run
  • 1h 03m 33s
  • 9.29 miles
  • 06m 50s /Mi

Ace of Hearts 15K
5th overall
1st 35-39

It was very hot...about 80 degrees and high humidity...at the start. The race started at the bottom of an overpass and went up immediately. After that it was flat with a few false flats for about 4 miles. On the way back there was a 10% climb and the overpass again, which brought the distance to 6 miles. Another flat out and back for three miles finished the race.

My pace was all over the place. I took a gel at Mile 3 and felt good...but REALLY needed one at Mile 6, which you can see by my pace.

At Mile 7 I saw a guy gaining on me and didn't wanna lose my top 5 overall placement so I turned it up. I'd noticed he was gaining on me when my pace fell into the 7's...so I figured he must be running about 7 flat. I thought if I just keep my pace under 7, I'd stay ahead of him. I was right. As my pace increased, so did my interval. I managed to stay ahead of him but he wasn't far behind. So I made sure to keep my effort high.

About 8 miles in, I was really feelin' it. I had taken my last gel at Mile 6 and I needed some nutrition. I was at the last aid station so this time I took Gatorade. I'd only taken water up til that point. I was almost done but I was afraid I'd lose my position if I let my effort get any lower.

At Mile 9 I thought I was gonna throw up. My pace was still about 6:40 but my effort was thru the roof. Only 0.3 to go...

I came into the park and looked behind me. I was far enough in front of the 6th place guy that I knew I'd just be able to cruise thru the finish chute without a sprint, so I didn't sprint...I most assuredly would have thrown up. 1:03:33 was on the clock when I passed thru. New 15K PR!

• Health data: Overall Workout: 4
Bike
  • 1h 10m 56s
  • 24.62 miles
  • 20.83 Mi/hr

Good ride at Flatwoods! Mostly with Andrew, but Jess and Bri stayed with us a while until we kicked it up and had a couple power laps. Blew by some cocky roadies at 26 and never saw them again! :) Yay us!!

• Health data: Overall Workout: 4
Run
  • 20m 11s
  • 3.00 miles
  • 06m 44s /Mi

I have some work to do if I'm gonna get a decent time at the 5K on Halloween. More speedwork! Of course, it'll be right after MCM so I'll have a good amount of endurance and power, so I should be able to go pretty fast.

Still...this was difficult tonight, I was NOT comfortable and it was pretty challenging to keep the pace up.

Sport
  • Boot Camp Conditioning
  • 45m

Assistant coach Pete called the workout tonight. I needed one more good CF-ish workout tonight. It felt good!

WU:

1 minute squats
30 sec squats with weight
15 sec jump squats with weight
8 sec overhead jump squats with weight

MS1:

50 jumprope

2 rounds of:
Shuttle run
10 situps

50 jumprope

3 rounds of:
Shuttle run
10 pushups

50 jumprope

4 rounds of:
Shuttle run
10 pullups

MS2:

3 rounds of
5 manmakers
20 crunches

1550 - I am a hydrating FOOL today!  I have my fast 3 miler to run tonight after work, and then I'm gonna DO bootcamp tonight, not just teach it.  Pete has agreed to be co-coach for me.  I'll explain, demonstrate, etc.  Pete will do all the timing, calling, etc. so I can take part in camp.  I am a CrossFitting fool this week...and the workout I have planned it KICKASS...so I wanna do it!!

0810 - Happy FRIDAY!!  This week's been busy...I'm glad it's Friday!  It's gonna be a fun, but busy (again), weekend.  Jess and Andrew are comin' today...and my buddy Bryan is coming down from Michigan to spend the weekend with my buddy John (budding romance happening here) so more social stuff with that.  Gonna be alot of fun...but alot of running around.
           Boot camp tonight out in Dunedin, if attendance is more than just one or two.  I'm trying to get John and Bryan to come...Bryan likes to work out and he wants me to give him some pointers on exercise, so that'd be good.  John's a protege of mine in the fitness world...he tries really hard and has had some good success lately.
               I have a big meeting with the City of Tampa, Hillsborough County, and some private developers today regarding a project I've been working on.  A little bit of a stressful situation, but I'm confident things will look a little less confusing once we're done with the meeting.

• Health data: Sleep: 4 Stress: 3 Soreness: 4 Fatigue: 4 Overall Workout: 4
Run
  • 29m 44s
  • 4.22 miles
  • 07m 03s /Mi

Way too fast. I did NOT want to run flat 7's tonight. I just had all this freakin' energy. Plus it was dark and breezy. Yeah it was hot and humid but my body just wasn't havin' the slow thing. So be it...tomorrow's gonna be a challenge since it needs to be faster. UGH.

Strength
  • 04m

CF warmup...
10-8-6 reps each hand, one-arm plate swings with full squat, 25lb plate.
Rest 30 sec between rounds.

Sport
  • Crossfit
  • 13m 26s

BURPEE CLEANS KICK ASS!!!!

OK this one needs a name...suggestions?!?!
For time:
50 situps
Then...
5 rounds
5 burpee cleans
4 split jerks
3 overhead squats
2 split snatches
1 power snatch
1 shuttle run
Then...
50 pushups

Time from start of situps to end of pushups was 13:26 and I nearly collapsed. During the pushups I actually fell on my face cuz I just couldn't hold myself up anymore. Damn this was good!! My last set of overhead squats was really bad...I used my toes alot. BAD CROSSFITTER!!

1310 - What an awesome CF workout today...of course, I did it in my Vibrams and everyone was wondering what the hell I was wearing on my feet.  I'm such an exhibitionist.  LOL

0850 - I've been looking at the CF website and I can't seem to find any workouts that REALLY strike me.  So...I made up one of my own.  Complete with a brand new move that I've never seen on the site...but I figure, what the the hell...it could work!  BURPEE CLEANS.  I've heard of them before, so I didn't make this up, but I've never seen any CFers do it, so I'm gonna try it!!
               My workout will be...
           For time:
           50 situps
           Then...

5 rounds           
           5 burpee cleans
           4 split jerks
           3 overhead squats
           2 split snatches
           1 power snatch
           1 shuttle run
           Then...
           50 pushups

If it's a decent workout, I'll name it.  I'll do it in my Vibrams.

0755 - Good news!!!  Sprinkle gave me the go-ahead on an extra day of availability here!  So now I'll be able to work 4 days here and use Mondays as marketing/training days for my business!!  I will go out and try to get clients for my boot camps and my private training business.  Plus I will start putting up signs for the Tuesday/Thursday evening boot camps I want to try to start up.  This is good!!
               I only have a 5 miler on the schedule today, but I think I might do some CF at lunch.  I feel like I really let myself go over the weekend...I ate so much bad stuff...my six-pack is all but gone right now...so I need to eat better this week and just be more active.  MUST. STAY. LEAN. FOR. MARATHON. SEASON!!!

• Calories: 1477 From fat:664.44 (71.19g, 44.99%), From Carbs:300.88 (72.54g, 20.37%), Protein:511.68 (123.36g, 34.64%)
  • Health data: Sleep: 4 Stress: 4 Soreness: 4 Fatigue: 4 Overall Workout: 4
Run #1
  • 01m 35s
  • 0.25 miles
  • 06m 20s /Mi

CF run split.

Run #2
  • 36m 28s
  • 5.05 miles
  • 07m 13s /Mi

This was an AWESOME run on Bayshore tonight. The heat had gone down alot since the sun was setting so it was much more enjoyable. Still humid, but I still had a great run!! I was supposed to run 7:30's but I really felt great so I just went with it. Plus, I was sucked in by Evacuate The Dancefloor and a couple of the other songs on my player...so the energy was just awesome. I can't wait to do it again tomorrow!

After I was done, I did 50 pushups just to finish it off right...I am Q after all!!

Strength
  • 02m

50 pushups after my run

Sport
  • Crossfit
  • 14m 21s

KICKASS WORKOUT!!!

"The Ramstein"
Row 500m (FAST!! 1:51)
25 pullups (had to do em 10-10-5...arms hurt from rowing!)
20 DB swings (55lb...got thru these in one set)
15 overhead squats (65lb...legs loved these!)
10 burpees (after 7 I was tired but got thru 'em all in one shot!)
Run 400m (ran TO the treadmill too! 1:35)
10 burpees (all at once!!)
15 overhead squats (took a break at 7, but didn't lower weight)
20 DB swings (7-6-7...ouch!!)
25 pullups (7-5-4-4-5...holy hell I was spent!!)
Row 500m (kept a nice pace but lost it at the end...2:01)
Total time - 14:21

I rolled over on the floor and lay there for about 3 or 4 minutes after I was done...heaving and sweating like a maniac. Oh yeah...I wore my Vibrams for this entire workout. It was interesting running in Vibrams on a treadmill.

THE 'FANTASTIC FOUR' IN DC (thanks for the title, Adam) ALBUM IS FINALLY COMPLETE!
LINKY HERE

2135 - I had my bunless burger...and broccoli...and Diet Coke.  The soda was just HEAVEN after the workout and the run...YUM!! Nice dinner with the Gopher tonight.  Good chat.  :)

1540 - OK, goal is to do the CF workout at the gym and then head down to Bayshore for my 5 miler.  It'll be a mid-tempo run (7:30's) so it's definitely gonna be a challenge after doing the CF.  I'll have to eat some calories between workouts.  Gonna eat some good Daily Eats yummies with Shaun tonight after the run.  Thinkin' burger tonight...no bun of course.

1250 - Just came across this on the CF website.  THIS WILL BE MY NEXT CF WORKOUT!!  It sounds amazingly crazy.  I love it.

"THE RAMSTEIN" (I'm assuming they've named this after the AFB in Germany with the same name)
For time...
Row 500m
25 Pullups
20 KB/DB Swings (1.5pood KB/55lb DB)
15 Overhead squats, 65lb barbell
10 Burpees
Run 400m
10 Burpees
15 Overhead squats
20 KB/DB swings
25 Pullups
Row 500m
Idunno if I'll do this today (I'd like to do it after work, before my run) but I'll try.  Got some stuff to get done tonight.  Car crap. 

0810 - Sprinkle day today.  I should be able to get caught up with everyone today!  I've been away for almost a week!  I'm sure there are lots of things to do because I've been away since last Thursday but at least it means I won't be bored!
               Traps are really sore today from the EIGHTY FOUR POWER CLEANS during yesterday's CF workout.  I kinda like that my traps are tall though...traps are cool.  I'm feeling really fat from the weekend...we ate (and drank) so much bad stuff!  Clean eating for me today!  As a matter of fact, I'm gonna try to start logging my nutrition on most days.  I had good luck with it when I first started CrossFitting, it helped me stay accountable for my diet.  So...I'll do that today.

• Calories: 2046 From fat:738.96 (85.52g, 36.12%), From Carbs:499.16 (129.98g, 24.4%), Protein:807.88 (210.37g, 39.49%)
  • Health data: Sleep: 4 Stress: 4 Soreness: 4 Fatigue: 4 Overall Workout: 5
Bike
  • 1h 03m
  • 19.00 miles
  • -----

Tough class with Katie today. BIG HILLS.

Sport #1
  • Crossfit
  • 11m 51s

CF Workout 1:
For time-
21-18-15-12-9-6-3 reps of
95# hang power clean
Situps
Pushups
Time - 11:51

This was a good workout but damn, it tore up my hands!!

CF Workout 2:
For time:
10 fingertip pullups
20 back extensions
30 crunches
40 squats
Time - 3:12

Just a 100-rep cooldown.

Sport #2
  • Crossfit
  • 03m 12s

CF Workout 1:
For time-
21-18-15-12-9-6-3 reps of
95# hang power clean
Situps
Pushups
Time - 11:51

This was a good workout but damn, it tore up my hands!!

CF Workout 2:
For time:
10 fingertip pullups
20 back extensions
30 crunches
40 squats
Time - 3:12

Just a 100-rep cooldown.

2150 - It was definitely a long day.  It was pretty good though.  Good money maker.

0740 - Long day at the gym today.  Not really motivated to be there.  Next week is my target to give my two weeks' notice.

Run
  • 09m
  • 1.20 miles
  • 07m 30s /Mi

FIRST run in the Vibrams! It felt a bit weird (and Pete said I looked weird too) but I guess that's what happens when you are forced to run on your forefeet. I have to get used to the feeling so I can adjust my body to coincide. I will build up to the longer distances. For now, just gonna do short distances in them. I love the way they felt though! YAY VIBRAMS!!

Sport
  • Boot Camp Conditioning
  • 45m

Today I did the bootcamp WITH my campers...it was fun...and I needed it after all the bad food we ate over the weekend!

WU: 1 min Jumping jacks

Set 1- 5 rounds of
20 external rotations
10 pushups

Set 2- 5 rounds of
20 walking lunges
10 reverse rows

Set 3- 5 rounds of
10 box jumps
10 straight leg situps

Set 4- 5 rounds of
12 squats
20 yards of bear crawls

1300 - Home safe...time to get stuff done and go to work.  Monday once again.

0600 - So...it's time to go home. I'm having some trouble getting a van to BWI but I'll get there. I'm sad to be leaving. It was such a great weekend. I wish I had more time. But duty calls.  For both of us.

DivergentQ's Training Log

October 2009 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
     1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31

Time
Distance
  • June's totals