Run
  • 4h 05m 22s
  • 31.00 miles
  • 07m 55s /Mi

My Garmin kept dropping out so I'm using the race's official clock time and distance. I can't rely on the Garmin when the trails are in deep woods.

Yay for another overall win in this race! Two years in a row. Not a bad record...2nd, 1st, 1st!

I'll do a race report soon!

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 5 Fatigue: 5

1840 - OK so I checked the entrants list for the race tomorrow and there are SEVENTY PEOPLE in the race!!  This is more than TWICE the amount that have raced it in the past.  Last year, I think the ultra was 20 people and the marathon was about 15...this year the ultra has 44 and the marathon has 26 runners!  I have my work cut out for me tomorrow!!  And with a new course there's gonna be a lot of strategy involved in the race tomorrow.  I have to be ON THE BALL!!!  I hope everything goes right!!

0800 - Continuing my do-nothing week...one more rest day today and then Bartram Forest tomorrow!  We should be leaving for Georgia by around 1000 so we can be up there before dinner time.  Had a really nice day yesterday, it was pretty relaxing...we got some food at Boston Market, brought it to Shaun's, and watched GI Joe.  Easy fun holiday.
            Today we'll drive up to Milledgeville, check in to our hotel, and then just eat and head to bed.  Early rise tomorrow.  At least I know it won't be raining.  Unlike last year though, it will NOT be pouring down rain...it will, however, be FREEZING like it was two years ago for the Bartram race.  With a new course this year, I have a chance to not only win it, but set the new course record since it's a new course!  The course record, as it stands, is 4:10.  We'll see how close I can get to that. 

• Health data: Sleep: 4 Stress: 5 Soreness: 5 Fatigue: 5

HAPPY THANKSGIVING, FRIENDS!!

0730 - Well, it looks like this week is simply a rest week.  I haven't completed even ONE workout.  Yoga was definitely a sweat-producer the other night, but I haven't done and CF, or s/b/r at all.  Oh well...once in a while I guess it's a good thing to take a week off. 
               As of Sunday I'll be back on the Diet From HELL.  So at the very least, this is the calm before the storm.  My legs will probably thank me on Saturday at Bartram anyway.
              Today we'll be spending the afternoon over at Shaun's, watching movies and eating food.  If I don't gain 5 pounds this week with all this eating and rest, I will be blown away.

• Health data: Sleep: 4 Stress: 4 Soreness: 4 Fatigue: 4

1630 - OK, that's it.  After Bartram Forest, I am going back on the Diet From Hell.  I know I'm not fat, but I absolutely hate feeling like I keep putting on bodyfat on my once-were-nicely-chopped-up obliques.  I don't get the fat in the front, it goes to my sides and totally ruins my V-taper...I need to get back on the program and get rid of these love handles again.  So...come Sunday, back to the chicken and salad regime.  No carbs at all for the first week, then I'll add some oatmeal and healthy whole grains in very low moderation in week two.  That should help me get lean again, and I'll still have a week left before the Florida Marathon to equalize before I have to carb up for the race on 12/19. 

0750 - Not one person read my RR for the trail marathon.  Hmmm...no one loves me anymore.  Hehe...
               OK, so yoga was TOTALLY what I needed last night.  It stretched me out, made me flexible again, and really helped me feel better.  No more soreness or tightness in my legs today at all.  Now it's time to flood them with protein and carbs so they get back to normal for Saturday.  I am actually a bit nervous this year.  Last year I was so confident that I could win that race, but this year there are two reasons I am a bit wary.  One, of course, is the nutrition deal.  I hope I can keep it together.  I will have Coke and chicken broth for the last three laps which should help.  Second, they've changed the course this year and that double hill ascent is gone.  I used that as my crutch because I knew I could overcome any other runner on the hills.  I don't know if they completely took out the hill or just one ascent of it.  I guess I'll see.  Either way, I'm a bit nervous...I wanna be able to take home another first overall!!  If I'm driving 6 hours do run 31 miles, I'd better win this damn thing.

• Health data: Sleep: 4 Stress: 4 Soreness: 4 Fatigue: 4 Hours slept: 8
Sport
  • Yoga
  • 1h 30m

1430 - I've decided to take the Tallahassee 50 Miler off my schedule.  A few reasons.  One, Brian's gonna be away, and I really don't want to go all the way up to Tally to do a 50-mile run by myself with no support.  Two, I really haven't been having the best of luck with my long distance stuff, and if I'm a mess, it'd be bad to have to drive 4 hours back from Tally with no one to take over if I can't keep driving.  Three, I just don't fucking feel like doing it.  I only did a 50 miler in December because it was Sunmart...I don't feel as though it'll help or hurt my training to just not do it.  I'll do one before Umstead, but it's just not needed in December.

1110 - I did a Race Report for the X-Country Marathon in case anyone feels like reading it.  It's not overly long. 

0845 - Feeling good today, legs are pretty much back to normal.  This doesn't surprise me though, because my problems in the race Sunday were not physical, the were fuel-related...after I threw up from the HEED, I didn't have any gel left so I couldn't re-fuel so I could run better.  My legs were never the problem.  Anyway, at least I feel good today. 
               Yoga tonight...I'll be able to stretch out and get loose again.  I think I'm gonna schedule a massage for tomorrow too.  I need to be in perfect shape for the 50K on Saturday.  It's gonna be chilly...which is perfect for me...I love running in chilly weather...extreme cold kinda sucks, but about 45 degrees and clear would be perfect for me to dominate at Bartram again.  If I can win it in 65 degrees and torrential rains, I think I can do it again with good weather.  We'll see. 
               Only two days of work this week, and then 5 days off!!  Gotta love that!  Of course, my paycheck won't love it...but my body will. 

• Health data: Sleep: 4 Stress: 4 Soreness: 4 Fatigue: 4 Overall Workout: 4
Sport #1
  • Geocaching
  • 25m

Did a little caching this morning at the dog park. I was pretty sure there had to be one there, so I checked online and there was one! I used my nifty new phone...it's got a cool geocaching app...and I found it after about 15 minutes of walking and 10 minutes of searching around the coordinates.
Walked with Kate to map our 5K race course for March.
Did another cache in the evening before boot camp to pass the time.

Sport #2
  • Geocaching
  • 10m

Did a little caching this morning at the dog park. I was pretty sure there had to be one there, so I checked online and there was one! I used my nifty new phone...it's got a cool geocaching app...and I found it after about 15 minutes of walking and 10 minutes of searching around the coordinates.

Sport #3
  • Walking
  • 52m 54s

0715 - Rest day today...kinda sore and stiff, but not too bad.  Lots to do today so I will get started soon. 

• Health data: Sleep: 5 Stress: 5 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 9.5
Run
  • 4h 03m 04s
  • 26.90 miles
  • 09m 02s /Mi

My Garmin only recorded the time I ran...not the times I was stopped either throwing up or stretching at aid stations so I'm using the official clock time here. The course was long though.

I seriously underestimated the course...or, more directly, the difficulty of doing the half-marathon course TWICE...the first half was great...1:39...felt awesome. But the second half HURT! Plus they ran out of water and I had to drink HEED on the course, which my stomach absolutely hates...so I threw up from it. My other nutrition plan was great tho...no probs from the Powergels. But after I puked, I had no more nutrition left so I just really fell apart after Mile 21 and wound up walking alot. It was really hot, humid, and it started to get windy towards the end. Definitely not the day I expected. I'm disappointed, but I still managed 10th overall. Second place was 3:41...that's where I should have been. Oh well...it's just another marathon.

GOOD LUCK IMAZ BTers!!!

1500 - Holy hell what a day.  An ass-kicking race and some yummy McDonalds cheat food.  I ate an Angus third-pounder and a large fries...and a REAL Coke!!! 

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 5 Soreness: 4 Fatigue: 4 Hours slept: 7 Overall Workout: 4

DivergentQ's Training Log

November 2009 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30     

Time
Distance
  • June's totals
  • May's totals