Sport
  • Walking
  • 1h 20m

We walked from the hotel to the T, and lots of walking between stops and at the airport. Good to get the legs movin again. Feelin good today.

1055 - Legs are good today, no soreness.  Foot hurts a bit though, in the same places it hurt me after Umstead.  I think I may have some slight injury there.  But I'll keep an eye on it and just bike and swim this week, no running til Sunday.  I can't believe St. A's is in 5 days!  I guess that's what having a million events in a row does.

So...I'm really excited about coming back to Boston next year and trying to break this 3:12.  The course wasn't nearly as difficult as I thought it'd be.  I ran it so conservatively, thinking the entire time I'm gonna use up my energy and having nothing left for Heartbreak Hill.  I could have punched it up a notch or two and still have been okay.  Oh yeah and...heartbreak hill? Notsomuch. I didn't even know I ran it until someone told me at the top.  It wasn't even half as long or half as steep as the long gradual hill at Mile 4 at Umstead.  So I just ran up it thinking "the big one has to be right after this".  And then these guys were at the side of the road saying "YOU JUST DID HEARTBREAK HILL, YOU ARE AWESOME!"  I was like "that's it???".  Hmmph.

OK so the coolest thing just happened!  Brian just got a call that we won a free vacation in a drawing we entered at Berryism last month.  How funny is that.  And...it's a cruise!!!  4 days, 3 nights, no gimmicks, no timeshare, nothin...just a free cruise!

• Health data: Sleep: 4 Stress: 5 Soreness: 4 Fatigue: 4 Hours slept: 7
Run
  • 3h 12m 21s
  • 26.20 miles
  • 07m 20s /Mi

What an amazing day at Boston! It was incredible just running with no time goal at all. I had such an amazing experience...the course, the people, the girls at Wellesley...what a day!

I had a hell of an experience. I can't even explain it yet. It's gonna be one cool race report! :)

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 5 Soreness: 5 Fatigue: 5 Hours slept: 6 Overall Workout: 5
Sport
  • Walking
  • 3h 00m

Walked to the T to get to the expo, walked at the expo, walked around town, walked back to the T, walked back to the hotel FROM the T. It was a lot of walking.

Pretty much did the expo all day today...found this dude...ummmm I think I saw him in an Ironman once or twice.

Hmmmm...are my Newton running days over??  These are cheaper, more supportive in the heels, and actually weigh about 1.5 ounces lighter than Newtons.  Gonna give 'em a try. 

• Health data: Sleep: 4 Stress: 5 Soreness: 4 Fatigue: 4
Strength
  • 1h 00m

Back/Shoulders/Traps - Strength and Endurance

Pullups - 2 sets of 6

One arm row on Bosu -
12/24, 10/20, 8/16 (70#/40#, 80#/50#, 90#/60#)

One arm side plank row with elbow on Bosu -
24/12, 20/10, 16/8 (40#/70#, 50#/80#, 60#/90#)

45-degree cable raise -
12/24, 10/20, 8/16 (2x15#/2x10#)

45-degree dumbbell raise -
24/12, 20/10, 16/8 (2x10#/2x15#)

Dumbbell shrugs -
12/24, 10/20, 8/16 (2x50#/2x30#)
24/12, 20/10, 16/8 (2x30#/2x50#)

Abs
3 rounds of:
Stability ball leg curl crunches in pushup position
Dragon flags with 5-second hold in 45-degree position
Hanging windshield wipers
10-20 reps of everything

1 minute row machine

2250 - Busy day today!  Packet is picked up, pictures taken, fun was had...the beginning of it anyway.  We explored the hotel, worked out, went for dinner, and just had a cool day!  Tomorrow, back to the expo and then it's pre-race stuff. Now it's time for bed.  I'm exhausted!

0740 - Time to head back to Beantown and meet up with Jim.  The weekend has begun!!  I can't wait to see all the cool stuff at the expo today.  Thinking about trying these Spira shoes I've been seeing around lately.  They have springs in the heels and since my heels have been hurting since I stand on my feet all day at work...I thought it might be good to try 'em on.  We'll see. 
            I have to say goodbye to PTown again, but I'll be back soon.  I think we are gonna try to come up for Labor Day again.  That's my plan.

1200 - Oh man am I bummed.  Next to no one was out at the dance bar tonight.  We wound up sitting on our butts at Betsy's watching a couple of really drunk dudes tell each other they were hot...and both of them were NOT hot.  It was quite entertaining.  Of course the constant "get a room" type stuff they were doing was NOT impressing me.  UGH.  Oh well, at least I got some entertainment.  And I had my second helping of Spiritus Pizza.  YUM!
                OK, off to bed and then it's time to head to Beantown for a fun weekend of BT meetups and a little race.  Nothing important, just some marathon they do here every year.  I'm sure no one will watch it.

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 5 Soreness: 5 Fatigue: 4 Overall Workout: 4
Run
  • 04m 20s
  • 1.05 miles
  • 04m 08s /Mi

Hill sprints workout.

WU:
50 Jumping Jacks

MS:
10 x 10 second uphill sprints
1 set of downhill Tabatas

CD:
50 Jumping Jacks

It was cool doing this down Commercial Street. People were definitely intrigued!

Strength
  • 30m

Chest/Bi's/Tri's - Strength and Endurance

Pushups -
12/24, 10/20, 8/16 (Decline/Flat wide grip)
24/12, 20/10, 16/8 (Flat wide grip/Decline one foot up)

Resistance band hammer curls -
12/24, 10/20, 8/16 (Tight/Loose)
24/12, 20/10, 16/8 (Loose/Tight)

Resistance band overhead tricep extensions -
12/24, 10/20, 8/16 (Tight/Loose)
24/12, 20/10, 16/8 (Loose/Tight)

I'll tell ya one thing...this was good for one great muscle pump! Plus, it got us lots of looks from people walking by the B&B.

2000 - Bri and I had a really yummy dinner tonight at the Post Office Cafe...I had grilled swordfish with mac-n-cheese (not the run of the mill stuff mind you) and home made cornbread.  Bri had seared Ahi Tuna and clam chowder.  It was all VERY good.  YUM!!
               Now we're gonna relax a bit and then head to the dance bar for some calorie burning...I have a big-calorie dinner to dance off!!

1750 - Well, shopping was a great success today!  I got a really cool sleeveless shirt with the HRC logo on it for $5...it was regularly $23.  Then we hit a great clearance sale and I got a really cool beach outfit for $20!!  The shorts would have been 40 and the shirt 15, so that's more than half off!!  I can't wait to wear it.  I'm tempted to take another walk down and buy a few more things I saw in there.

1235 - Workouts done...now it's time to hit the lighthouse and do some more shopping.  50% off, here we come!!

0955 - P-Town Day 2!  I slept REALLY well last night...of course it could have been the three beers at Bayside Betsy's that did it.  Even so, it was sooooo quiet here in town (unlike during the summer) and it was just really relaxing.  Today, I will do yesterday's Chest/Bi's/Tri's workout and then do some running speedwork to shake the legs out a bit.  Then we're gonna go see the Cape Cod Light (another thing I've never done before...this trip is full of that!) and then do some more shopping.  There are two stores that weren't open yesterday that are both "50% off entire store" and I wanna buy new stuff!!!  My closet needs a cleanout anyway.

• Health data: Sleep: 4 Stress: 5 Soreness: 4 Fatigue: 5 Hours slept: 9 Overall Workout: 4

1700 - YAY!!!  I'm in PTown!!  I've been craving being back here for over a year now!
               We left this morning at 0430 (THANK YOU SHAUN!!) for the airport, and after a pretty decent flight to Philly, the day got a bit stressful.  First, we thought we were gonna miss our connection because we circled Philly airport for almost 40 minutes.  But it turns out that our connecting flight was also late getting in so we were actually able to eat breakfast and then board the next plane with no problem.  Crisis averted...no more stress!!  Then of course, there was the drive out to PTown.  Fun (we stopped in Plymouth to see THE Plymouth Rock...pics to come), but long...over 2 hours.  When we got here, we headed up to the Bed and Breakfast that I stayed at with Shane in 2007 and we secured ourselves a room.  Then we went shopping!!!  2 hours and 100 bux later, here we are in our room getting ready to go to dinner.  I'm so happy to be back in PTown for the weekend...I frickin' LOVE this place!!!!

It's cold here, but it's still a lot of fun...Brian just has to stop me from shopping!!!

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 5 Soreness: 4 Fatigue: 5 Hours slept: 5
Strength
  • 50m

Lats/Delts/Traps - Strength and Size

Lat pulldowns - 3 sets, 12 reps (130#)

Seated row -
6/12, 5/10, 4/8 (75#/45#)
12/6 (45#/75#)

Prone bench row -
6/12, 5/10, 4/8 (2x35#/2x20#)
12/6 (2x20#/2x35#)

Front/side raise on Bosu ball - 3 sets, 12 reps (2x10#)

Upright rows -
6/12, 5/10, 4/8 (70#/30#)
12/6 (30#/60#)
Supersets with 4 sets of rear delt raises, 10 reps (15#)

Machine shrugs - 4 sets, 10 reps (240#)

I actually felt like I was building muscle in this workout today. I love working traps...heavy shrugs rocks.

Sport
  • Crossfit
  • 08m 15s

Fun workout today...a little tidbit from my brain, it was kinda cool.

4 rounds, for time, of:
20 jumping jacks
3 plyo thrusters
20 situps
5 plyo-situps (throwing medicine ball)
20 walking lunges
7 plyo lunges
Push bench across gym floor
Run back to start with weights

Round 1 - 200
Round 2 - 208
Round 3 - 205
Round 4 - 202

Negative splits on the last two rounds. This was a great workout...nice and sweaty!

OK, starting tomorrow I will blog more for the weekend.  And there will be pictures.  Boston here I come!

• Health data: Sleep: 4 Stress: 5 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 4 Overall Workout: 4

DivergentQ's Training Log

April 2009 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
    1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30  

Time
Distance
  • June's totals