Swim
  • 08m 42s
  • 400.00 yards
  • 02m 10s /100 yards

Bumpy and choppy but I got thru it. Slow, but I wanted to make sure I was riding the waves correctly.

Strength
  • 10m

Did a little variety of stuff at Anytime Fitness to try out their equipment. Even swung a kettlebell a few times (just thrilled that they have 'em there!).

Bike
  • 1h 00m
  • 19.00 miles
  • -----

Went to spin class tonight, I needed to destress a bit. It definitely helped to be able to sweat out some stress.

Strength
  • 25m

Chest

Incline flyes - 3 sets, 12 reps (25#)

Flat bench press (2x40#) superset with pushups
12 press/24 pushups, 10 press/20 pushups, 8 press/16 pushups

Flat bench press/flat bench press (2x20#/2x40#)
24/12, 10/5, 8/4
Pushups on fitball with one leg up
16, 12

Did some chest work while I was waiting for the spin class to start.

This could very well be Terri's last day.  I'm not exactly sure how to deal with that knowledge.  The weirdest thing is, I haven't "FELT" anything big yet...it's like my emotions are waiting for something before they surface.  I haven't even thought much about all of it.  How weird is that?  I think I've been burying myself in workouts and in being supportive of everyone else, and maybe that's why I'm not freaking out yet? 

I left work early today so I could get over here to be as much support as possible.  The family is here so there is plenty of support for all of us.  I don't really have any more updates than that, but I guess I will keep everyone as informed as I can.  Keep the prayers coming.

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 4 Fatigue: 4 Hours slept: 6 Overall Workout: 4
Bike
  • 1h 00m
  • 19.00 miles
  • -----

Spin Class - 1 hour of hills and sprints...OUCH!! At least I know my bike fitness is still kinda decent. We'll see how that translates to Sunday at St. A's.

Swim
  • 02m 38s
  • 200.00 yards
  • 01m 19s /100 yards

Pete and I tried out our new ZOOT speedsuits that we may have to use on Sunday for St. A's instead of wetsuits. We just did a few 50's and a 100 to see what it felt like. It was cool.

Strength
  • 40m

Back/Shoulders - Strength and Size

Pullups - 3 sets of 12

Seated wide grip row -
Usual 4 supersets (150#/75#)

Low row -
Usual 4 supersets (150#/90#)

Front/side raise on bosu - 3 sets of 12 (15#)

45 degree raise -
Usual 4 supersets (15#/5#)

Heavy Shrugs - 4 sets of 12 (230#)

Rushed thru this one as well. I think I'm bored with this workout program. I think next week I'm gonna go back to the usual 4 tripleset workout that I've been getting good results with. Besides, Vic's workouts are different now that he's preparing for the show in June.

Sport #1
  • Crossfit
  • 19m 18s

1715 - CrossFit -
8 rounds for time of:
1 Squat clean from floor (55#)
2 Hang clean (55#)
3 Hand snatch (55#)
4 Overhead squat (55#)
5 Jump squat (no weight)
Row 300m

Total time - 19:18

This was a good workout. I need to unleash it on some clients!

Sport #2
  • Spinning Class
  • 1h 00m

1715 - CrossFit -
8 rounds for time of:
1 Squat clean from floor (55#)
2 Hang clean (55#)
3 Hand snatch (55#)
4 Overhead squat (55#)
5 Jump squat (no weight)
Row 300m

Total time - 19:18

This was a good workout. I need to unleash it on some clients!

I am crazy.  I worked out FOUR TIMES today.

I have a lot lot lot lot lot to say, but I've just been so busy.  Work, personal stuff, trying to spend time with Terri and Pete.  I just can't keep up!  I will try to get some blogging done tomorrow.  There is a lot to blog about.  I just hope I can find the time.

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 4 Fatigue: 4 Hours slept: 5
Run
  • 06m 54s
  • 0.67 miles
  • 10m 18s /Mi

With my bootcampers.

Strength
  • 55m

Chest/Arms - Strength and Size

Usual progressions...
6/12, 5/10, 4/8, rest, 12/6

Incline dumbbell press
Incline flyes
Cable crossovers

Preacher hammer curls
Barbell curls

Rope pressdowns
Straightline extensions with leg lift

Blasted thru this workout to be as efficient as possible so I could get the bike down to the bike shop. Wanted to go see Betsy too.

• Health data: Overall Workout: 4
Sport
  • Walking
  • 1h 20m

We walked from the hotel to the T, and lots of walking between stops and at the airport. Good to get the legs movin again. Feelin good today.

1055 - Legs are good today, no soreness.  Foot hurts a bit though, in the same places it hurt me after Umstead.  I think I may have some slight injury there.  But I'll keep an eye on it and just bike and swim this week, no running til Sunday.  I can't believe St. A's is in 5 days!  I guess that's what having a million events in a row does.

So...I'm really excited about coming back to Boston next year and trying to break this 3:12.  The course wasn't nearly as difficult as I thought it'd be.  I ran it so conservatively, thinking the entire time I'm gonna use up my energy and having nothing left for Heartbreak Hill.  I could have punched it up a notch or two and still have been okay.  Oh yeah and...heartbreak hill? Notsomuch. I didn't even know I ran it until someone told me at the top.  It wasn't even half as long or half as steep as the long gradual hill at Mile 4 at Umstead.  So I just ran up it thinking "the big one has to be right after this".  And then these guys were at the side of the road saying "YOU JUST DID HEARTBREAK HILL, YOU ARE AWESOME!"  I was like "that's it???".  Hmmph.

OK so the coolest thing just happened!  Brian just got a call that we won a free vacation in a drawing we entered at Berryism last month.  How funny is that.  And...it's a cruise!!!  4 days, 3 nights, no gimmicks, no timeshare, nothin...just a free cruise!

• Health data: Sleep: 4 Stress: 5 Soreness: 4 Fatigue: 4 Hours slept: 7
Run
  • 3h 12m 21s
  • 26.20 miles
  • 07m 20s /Mi

What an amazing day at Boston! It was incredible just running with no time goal at all. I had such an amazing experience...the course, the people, the girls at Wellesley...what a day!

I had a hell of an experience. I can't even explain it yet. It's gonna be one cool race report! :)

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 5 Soreness: 5 Fatigue: 5 Hours slept: 6 Overall Workout: 5
Sport
  • Walking
  • 3h 00m

Walked to the T to get to the expo, walked at the expo, walked around town, walked back to the T, walked back to the hotel FROM the T. It was a lot of walking.

Pretty much did the expo all day today...found this dude...ummmm I think I saw him in an Ironman once or twice.

Hmmmm...are my Newton running days over??  These are cheaper, more supportive in the heels, and actually weigh about 1.5 ounces lighter than Newtons.  Gonna give 'em a try. 

• Health data: Sleep: 4 Stress: 5 Soreness: 4 Fatigue: 4

DivergentQ's Training Log

April 2009 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
    1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30  

Time
Distance
  • June's totals