Run
  • 18h 00m
  • 91.20 miles
  • 11m 50s /Mi

My goal for midnight was to be at 75 miles. I think I got that.

UMSTEAD

I'm gonna run 100 miles.  I'm gonna finish.  I'm gonna push thru the pain and get that belt buckle.  I'm gonna do this.

In case I haven't said it A THOUSAND TIMES ALREADY...if you wanna track me today/tonight/tomorrow, my blog address is...

http://crossfitq.blogspot.com

• Health data: Sleep: 4 Stress: 5 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 4 Hours slept: 6 Overall Workout: 5
Strength
  • 05m

Did some cable crossovers on the BOSU, squats on the BOSU, and some shoulder raises on the BOSU. Then some stretching.

Sport
  • Stretching
  • 10m

Stretched a bit while Brian was doing his CF and run.

UMSTEAD
COUNTDOWN
1 DAY!!!

PEPSI MAX MUCH???

I'm a TRADER JOES WHORE!!

2135 - T-minus 8 hours, 25 minutes!!  All necessary preps are done.  Dinner (a LOT of food) was great and now I'm just packing up the rest of the stuff I need for the morning.  All is well.  Compression socks are on and I'm ready for a few hours of good sleep.  

1450 - OK, stretching at the gym...done.  Trader Joe's...done.  Shower and change...done.  I even shaved my head, legs, arms, etc. to get ready for tomorrow.  All that's left to do is go get the packet and do the athlete meeting.  Brian has a meeting to call in on, so it'll just be me and the Fud.  CleTus may come too.  Then...yummy Italian food with the BT gang.  So excited!!

Got my pacers all lined up.  I figure I'll probably have Jenn and Ryan pace me from Mile 50 to 62.5, then maybe Shannon and Chris can pace me from 62.5 to 75, when I'm tired and walking most of my miles.  Then Brian can pace me til 87.5, and then maybe Shaun can do the last lap...hopefully Bri can walk backwards on the course for a mile or so and come in to the finish line with me!  I have all this planned but who knows if it'll actually play out that way.  This is all so new, uncharted territory for me.  I guess whatever happens happens, we'll try to make it work the right way.

0915 - Holy crap, it's TOMORROW...I'm getting really excited now.  Today we'll go to packet pickup to get the stuff I need.  Then I am gonna find a Trader Joe's and get food.  I am a Trader Joe's Whore.  I admit it.

Tonight, dinner and race day setup.  I need to compile everything I need for the race...clothes, shoes, food, supplements, etc.  Need to get some stuff too since I forgot my headlight (DUUUUUHHHH like the most important thing) and my gaitors.  At least I didn't forget myself!

Hey guess what!!  Brian has dealt with me and my insanity for one whole year today!!! YAY US!!!

• Health data: Sleep: 4 Stress: 5 Soreness: 4 Fatigue: 5 Hours slept: 8

UMSTEAD
COUNTDOWN
2 DAYS!!!

0800 - Today we leave for NC.  By dinner time tonight, we'll be at Shannon and Chris's place, ready to attack the weekend!  I'm dreading the drive, only because it makes my legs and back all crampy, but I've got my heating pad and foam roller.  I'll update everyone on the road so stay tuned!!

• Health data: Sleep: 4 Stress: 5 Soreness: 4 Fatigue: 5 Hours slept: 7
Run
  • 31m 01s
  • 4.14 miles
  • 07m 29s /Mi

Ran with the Tampa Bay Meetup group. This was a fun good run. I needed motivation to keep my pace fast, I wanted my last 4 miler to be faster than the one before it. My speed has come up all week, I wanted to keep it that way. Now, no more running til Umstead.

UMSTEAD
COUNTDOWN
3 DAYS!!!

1455 - Tonight I will run my final 4 mile training run with the Tampa Meetup group and then it's NO RUNNING for two whole days until the hunnit!!! OMG, it's just weighing on me now...I'm gonna run 100 miles in three days.  I still can't yet wrap my mind around it.  

In case anyone wants to follow me, I'm gonna have Brian put updates in my other blog...

http://crossfitq.blogspot.com

• Health data: Sleep: 4 Stress: 4 Soreness: 4 Fatigue: 4 Hours slept: 8 Overall Workout: 4
Run
  • 32m 18s
  • 4.11 miles
  • 07m 52s /Mi

Did this one in Tarpon...the Causeway was cloudy, but it was clearer up north.

0810 - Busy day in store today...luckily I had two cancellations in a row this morning so I have an hour to get some stuff done.  A real breakfast too!  YAY!

• Health data: Sleep: 4 Stress: 5 Soreness: 4 Fatigue: 4 Hours slept: 7 Overall Workout: 4
Run
  • 32m 48s
  • 4.06 miles
  • 08m 05s /Mi

On the Dunedin Causeway as usual. Absolute ZERO wind today. It was hot and I definitely sweated out a lot of water.

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 5 Soreness: 4 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 8 Overall Workout: 3
Run
  • 1h 11m 19s
  • 8.00 miles
  • 08m 55s /Mi

This was a good run! Ybor to Bayshore and Howard...then back home. Ran with Brian to keep my pace decent...the effort was nice and low, the HR was good, and the fat burning was turned up high!! We were both able to talk during the run so I know Bri's fitness is getting alot better. Umstead, I'm ready for ya now.

1120 - The plan for this weekend was to run back to back 20 milers.  I decided that, due to my back, knee, and body soreness, that it wasn't a good idea.  I can't gain any more fitness for the 100 now, I just need to rest my body and take it easy.  I may run 10 miles with Brian later on today, but that depends on weather and other factors.  I have a lot to do today.  If things work out, then I'll do it, if not, then oh well. 

• Health data: Sleep: 5 Stress: 5 Soreness: 4 Fatigue: 4 Hours slept: 9

DivergentQ's Training Log

April 2009 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
    1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30  

Time
Distance
  • June's totals