Run
  • 3h 04m 34s
  • 26.19 miles
  • 07m 03s /Mi

Holy 2 minute PR!! Not a 2:59 but damn happy with this race!! My buddy Craig and I ran together for the whole race (minus the last half mile when he picked it up) and we paced perfectly. We both started getting tired at Mile 20, but until then we were at sub-7 pace.

What a great day for a run! Perfect weather, no wind, sunny day!

Results:
Overall - 38/2086
Gender - 35/1235
Age group - 7/213

Very happy!!

2035 - What a kickass day!!  An awesome race with a great fellow runner, a nice brunch with friends post-race, a great relaxing nap, and then a nice trip to the beach with good friends and fellow marathon finishers.  AND BEER!!  What a fun awesome day.  I'm totally exhausted and happy.  And now I'm gonna have some cookies and milk...organic cookies and organic milk mind you. :)

• Health data: Sleep: 4 Stress: 4 Soreness: 5 Fatigue: 5 Hours slept: 5.5 Overall Workout: 5
  • RACE DAY: 2010 Gasparilla Marathon Final Voyage
2110 - TIME FOR BED!!!

1745 - Home from the expo.   My feet are tired...I hope this doesn't ruin my race tomorrow...my legs don't feel tired.  I've been massaging my legs and back with The Stick all day, since that's what I was sellin' today.  Gonna eat lotsa carbs at the BT dinner, then I'm going to bed.

0730 - Second day of the expo!  I am wearing my compression socks today since I have to stand in the booth for TEN HOURS!!  I hope this doesn't ruin my run tomorrow, but I am pretty sure I'll be able to sit down when I need to, so I can keep off my feet.
           Tonight, the BT pre-race dinner!  Fun times!

• Health data: Sleep: 4 Stress: 4 Soreness: 4 Fatigue: 4
0800 - Expo starts today! This will be fun!  I'm definitely looking forward to meeting lots of runners and chatting with people.  Today after I get out of there, I have a million things to do, including training a client at Snap and then boot camp afterwards!  BUSY DAY!!!
2100 - Well I never ran my one mile today, but I was on my feet for the entire day, lifting boxes, setting up booths, etc.  So I definitely got my workout.  I'm sure a fast one mile wouldn't make much of a difference.  I am gonna try to swim tomorrow if I can, but I don't know if I'll be able to get it done.  We'll see what happens.

0855 - Long day today...10-6 at the store and the expo, unloading and setting up the booth.  At least it'll be a full day of working out!  I am gonna bring nutrition with me today since I probably won't be able to slip out and eat a meal at just any time.  So, a lunch bag is coming with me to work.  Just a short, fast, one-mile run to do tonight after I'm done with work, and that's my last workout for the week before Sunday's race!

• Health data: Sleep: 5 Stress: 4 Soreness: 4 Fatigue: 4
Run
  • 12m 44s
  • 2.00 miles
  • 06m 22s /Mi

Well at least I beat the rain and wind! It was 65 degrees and cloudy so the weather was good for my run. 30 minutes later it was a downpour with heavy wind! Good thing I did it when I did!

Goal was to run half the distance of yesterday but faster! Mission accomplished.

Sport
  • Bikram Yoga
  • 1h 30m

Woohoo!!! What a great practice tonight! My Ardha Chandrasana was almost 90 degrees to the right and I stayed in Padangustasana for the entire time tonight. I also had a bigtime Ustrasana breakthru, my flexibility is really coming along...a bunch of postures have really come pretty far.

1145 - Busy day today!!  I had my usual 9am in-home client and now I am gonna go do my 2 mile fast run.  I work from 2 to 6 at the running store, and then I am doin' yoga tonight 730 to 9.  Nonstop craziness!! 

• Health data: Sleep: 4 Stress: 4 Soreness: 4 Fatigue: 4 Overall Workout: 4
Run
  • 26m 12s
  • 4.00 miles
  • 06m 33s /Mi

Miles and Munchies course. No Garmin, had to use the landmarks.

Splits per my watch.

This was my first real run in a number of days...glad I haven't forgotten how to run fast.

0830 - So here's some good news...it's nice to have that in here lately.  Thanks to Renee, I have a week's worth of work at the Gasparilla Fitness Expo...working for Feet First!  I'm totally thrilled with this since, a) it's MONEY, and b) I can get some good exposure to athletes and aspiring athletes...so this could be a good client-getter for me.  I'll be there all day Friday and Saturday.  Definitely excited about this!
            Open water swim with Renee on the schedule today...hopefully these low gray clouds will clear out soon so the water gets some sun on it and warms up a bit.

• Health data: Sleep: 4 Stress: 4 Soreness: 4 Fatigue: 4 Hours slept: 9
Bike
  • 1h 00m
  • 19.00 miles
  • -----

Spin class with Denise...no rests today, lots of hills. Good stuff.

Sport
  • Boot Camp Conditioning
  • 21m

Tonight I did the longest main set of the bootcamp with the campers. I needed a little boost this evening, something to lift my spirits...so I did a nice 10-station 2-round workout with them

2 rounds, 1 minute each of:
Pushups
Pullups
Situps
Squats
KB swings
Jumprope
Supermans
Pushup planks
Lying straight leg hip thrusts
Windshield wipers
Rest

It was fun! I actually got sweaty and it made me feel better.

1145 - No clients til 4 today, and then boot camp tonight if the weather holds.  It's a gorgeous day, temperature-wise, so I'll probably just do camp under the covered picnic pavillions near the usual boot camp location if it rains.

• Health data: Sleep: 4 Stress: 4 Soreness: 4 Fatigue: 4 Hours slept: 8 Overall Workout: 4

DivergentQ's Training Log

February 2010 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27

Time
Distance
  • June's totals
  • May's totals
  • 2016 totals