Run
  • 18h 00m
  • 90.00 miles
  • 12m /Mi

First 18 hours of the Umstead 100. Insane. It was so much more painful this year than last.

HERE GOES NOTHIN!!! Brian will be updating the blog all day! [b][big][red]CROSSFITQ.BLOGSPOT.COM

• Health data: Sleep: 4 Overall Workout: 3
2135 - Time for BED!!! Lotsa pasta in my belly!! 1445 - Almost time for packet pickup and the pre-race dinner!! I can't wait to eat lots of pasta!! 0930 - Well...we made it. It was a long drive yesterday. Bad traffic, a flat tire, and the bike rack almost flew off the roof. But we finally made it around 2230. Some chatting and laughing and then bedtime. Today is preparation day. I've got my compression socks on and I'm about to start eating and drinking my fuel. Time to gear up! My race bag is almost packed and I've just got a few more things to get. Don't forget to track me tomorrow! [B][big][red]CrossfitQ.blogspot.com

• Health data: Sleep: 4 Stress: 5 Soreness: 4 Fatigue: 5
1030 - We are on our way up to Raleigh. Time to focus on the task at hand. The Umstead 100! I'm definitely looking forward to seeing all my friends this weekend and of course, to the race. I will run it smarter this year, which hopefully means it will end up being faster. No 745 first 50 and 1320 last 50. Hoping for more like 830 first 50 and 1130 last 50. We shall see! Pics will be posted on facebook and on my other blog. [B][red][big]CrossfitQ.blogspot.com[/red][/b][/big]

• Health data: Sleep: 2 Soreness: 4 Fatigue: 4 Hours slept: 7
Sport #1
  • Bikram Yoga
  • 1h 30m

Had a nice relaxing hot stone massage. My first in about 9 years. Good stuff.

Bikram was very focused for me. After the day I had I really needed to purge my bad emotions and stress. It must have worked cuz I did toe stand, Padangustasana, on both sides and stayed in the posture the entire time. Yay me.

Sport #2
  • Massage
  • 1h 30m

Had a nice relaxing hot stone massage. My first in about 9 years. Good stuff.

Bikram was very focused for me. After the day I had I really needed to purge my bad emotions and stress. It must have worked cuz I did toe stand, Padangustasana, on both sides and stayed in the posture the entire time. Yay me.

I lost my precius girl Claire today. Rest in peace my sweetie.

Sport #1
  • Chiropractic
  • 25m

My chiro said that I hardly needed adjustment at all...this is good! Looks like the massage and yoga is all paying off.

My weekly massage with Cory. Really needed it today after my adjustment just to feel totally aligned. It was good.

Sport #2
  • Massage
  • 55m

My chiro said that I hardly needed adjustment at all...this is good! Looks like the massage and yoga is all paying off.

My weekly massage with Cory. Really needed it today after my adjustment just to feel totally aligned. It was good.

2030 - No workout today...but I did get a massage...so that's a good thing...and an adjustment.  I am definitely exhausted like nobody's business.  UGH.  Early bed for me tonight...like now.

1300 - Wow, busy day today...like stupidbusy.  Started at 0730 with a client, then off to Snap for Boot Camp and then a client after it...followed by an assessment.  Now I'm just waiting for my chiropractor appointment and then I've got another private client.  From there it's back to Tampa for a massage at 5, followed by the initial meeting for the Ragnar Relay in November.  When that's over, it's off to the track to do some 800's with my running buddy Michael.  When I'm done with today, I swear I'm gonna collapse into nothingness.

Bike
  • 1h 00m
  • 19.00 miles
  • -----

Spin class with Denise...lots of standing and climbing today...my legs nearly gave out. This is my last bike before Umstead. Just one more run tomorrow...and the rest of the week is swimming and resting.

Swim
  • 07m
  • 500.00 yards
  • 01m 24s /100 yards

Just a few little 100's to get some pool time in. Nothin' special, just a little heartrate spike.

5 x 100
123, 123, 125, 125, 124

Run
  • 03m 22s
  • 0.33 miles
  • 10m 12s /Mi

Just a little jog with my campers. Wanted to say I did all three sports today.

Sport #1
  • Bikram Yoga
  • 40m

Did my own silent Bikram practice tonight, just one set of everything instead of two. Just to get some stretching in.

Had a very relaxing Swedish massage at Massage Envy today...just to use up one of my pre-paids.

Sport #2
  • Massage
  • 50m

Did my own silent Bikram practice tonight, just one set of everything instead of two. Just to get some stretching in.

Had a very relaxing Swedish massage at Massage Envy today...just to use up one of my pre-paids.

1215 - Busy day today!!  Got lots on the schedule.  Did spin class this morning, then my athlete schedules, now I'm off to go get some stuff for boot camp, I have a client at 2pm, and boot camp at 7.  In between I will get caught up on bills and stuff.  LOTSA stuff to do today!  I will feel better once I'm caught up on errands and stuff tho.
              Umstead is only 5 days away!!  FIVE DAYS!!! HOLY HELL!!  My progress will be updated on crossfitq.blogspot.com if anyone wants to keep up with me.  Brian (or whoever has the computer at the time) will update as I come thru on each lap.  We start on March 27th at 6am...stay tuned!!

• Health data: Sleep: 4 Stress: 3 Soreness: 4 Fatigue: 4 Hours slept: 8 Overall Workout: 4
1300 - So...it seems that fate does NOT want me to do this 13 mile run.  It rained last time we tried, and it rained today.  I'm taking the hint and just skipping it.  I think I will go to the gym and do some yoga though...and maybe run on the treadmill for a couple miles...but it's so boring to run on the treadmill unless I'm doing some sort of CF workout.  No CF and no lifting this week at all.  Low impact stuff until Wed and then nothing Thurs and Fri.

• Health data: Sleep: 4 Fatigue: 3

DivergentQ's Training Log

March 2010 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31   

Time
Distance
  • June's totals