Run
  • 3h 12m 40s
  • 26.20 miles
  • 07m 21s /Mi

YUCK FEAH!!!!

I GOT IT!!!

But I'm too damn tired to write a race report. Suffice it to say I went a bit too hard in the beginning and lost 4 minutes or so in the last 2.2 miles (mostly uphill) but I never walked ..... good thing I had plenty in the bank by then!

24th overall. 5th in AG, but since the two top guys in my AG also got top 5, they were awarded those awards, so I officially got 3rd in AG.

Not sure how many finishers and all that since they were still going when I left the race site after the awards ceremony.

Not my best race, but got wrapped up in the pace and went a bit too quick to the half. But I BQ'ed, which was the main goal!

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 4 Fatigue: 4 Hours slept: 6.5 Overall Workout: 3
Run
  • 34m 50s
  • 4.00 miles
  • 08m 43s /Mi

Recovery

Very easy out and back through the neighborhood. Wore the race shoes.

Ate way too much yesterday ... stomach hurt when we got home. And very thirsty as well.

Today is relax and mental prep. for tomorrow.

Goals:

#1 - finish in less than 3:30, or I never run again ....
#2 - get my BQ by going better than 3:15:59.
#3 - ultimate bad azz goal - try and break 3 hours (but not going too hard and blowing up risking losing the big picture of the BQ).

All my long runs have been in the 7:06 - 7:45 range, which by every predictor and training plan's calculations means I should be able to run in the 6:35 - 6:50 range per mile. 6:35 seems like a really challenging and daunting number. But the 6:50 may be achievable which would get me the sub 3. Tomorrow will prove or disprove that .....

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 9 Overall Workout: 3
Rest. And lots of carbo loading and fluid intake!! ;) Got my race packet yesterday and picked up some more Gu. Easy 4 mile run tomorrow and race on Saturday! (Happy turkey day to everyone. And for all that are racing in a Turkey Trot, good luck!!)

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 4 Fatigue: 4 Hours slept: 8.5
Run
  • 57m 07s
  • 7.00 miles
  • 08m 10s /Mi

Dress Rehearsal

3 mile easy warm-up.
2 miles at pace (14:36 total - 7:18 pace).
2 mile easy warm-down.

Wore the 6 bottle Fuel Belt and the Fastwitch shoes. That will be my race get-up. Wore more clothing than I'll be wearing race day though ..... it was around 35 with 15 mph winds or so this morning, and it will be slightly warmer on race day (predicted weather).

Side notes ....... 1) We officially sent a letter to the builder terminating their services. We had to allow 10 days notice per contract and we want to not give them any sort of loophole/firepower so we are following the letter of the contract as much as needed. 2) I'm having breathing issues. Far to close of a likeness and reminiscent to the problem I had in March when I did my first 1/2 mary. They gave out flu shots last week and being vehemently against them I begged people not to get them here. If I get sick because of this (which in some ways it feels like I am) I am seriously going to take issue with the firm and may pursue some sort of grievance against them ....... I've spent the last 5 months of my life training my azz off to do well at this race and don't need it blown due to no fault of my own.

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 2 Soreness: 4 Fatigue: 4 Hours slept: 7 Overall Workout: 3
Run
  • 51m 31s
  • 6.00 miles
  • 08m 35s /Mi

Recovery.

Two of the big loops around the neighborhood. Uneventful. But it was pretty cold and windy - 35 degrees with about a 10 - 15 mph wind. Brrrrrr.

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 2 Soreness: 4 Fatigue: 4 Hours slept: 7 Overall Workout: 3
Rest. First actual scheduled "rest" day on the schedule. Not "Rest or cross training" but straight up don't do a damn thing rest! So I'm just at work, doing no excercise today. A little sore yesterday afternoon, but that seems to have cleared up. This week is all about hydration and eating to get the glycogen and water storage up. Getting psyched for the race! ;-P

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 4 Soreness: 4 Fatigue: 4 Hours slept: 8
Run
  • 1h 28m 28s
  • 12.00 miles
  • 07m 22s /Mi

Medium-long

Out and back to I-95 from the house. Tried to keep the pace below my BQ pace since this is the last "long" run before the mary.

Felt okay. Toe was slightly annoying but not bad overall. Didn't bring any water/gels so I just ran.

Going out for brunch with the old nanny and her husband since it was her birthday yesterday. Kids are all excited. Then I've got the two younger ones as Mir is taking the oldest to a show at Olney Theater.

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 4 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 9 Overall Workout: 3

Daremo's Training Log

November 2006 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
    1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30  

Time
Distance
  • July's totals
  • June's totals