Run
  • 46m 30s
  • 7.00 miles
  • 06m 38s /Mi

2 mile warm up - 16:00

5 mile race - 30:30 for time. Still waiting on official results, but that is a pretty big PR for me (about :38). I think I was right around the 50th place mark, which was where I was also last year but with a smaller field. HR is for race only. It was way cold and a bit windy.

Preliminary results have me 45th with a gun time of 30:34. And I was about 10 people back at the start, so my watch time should be pretty close to my chip time. Looks like I was 7th or 8th in the AG. 1902 people listed as finishers so far. Big frickin' race for a 5 miler!!

• Health data: Sleep: 2 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 6 Overall Workout: 4
Have to make today a rest day (aside from I always take a day before any race no matter the distance).  But the middle bug is really sick again so I have to take the older one to school.  I'm still not 100%, but I'm not coughing or sniffling nearly as much.  This time of year sucks for colds ...... especially when you have kids.

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 2 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Sick: 2 Hours slept: 7.5
Run
  • 25m 50s
  • 3.00 miles
  • 08m 37s /Mi

Recovery

Single loop around the hood. All I could fit in for the morning (scheduled for a little longer, but not much).

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 2 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 8 Overall Workout: 3
Run
  • 1h 29m 05s
  • 11.20 miles
  • 07m 57s /Mi

Medium-long

Out and back to I-95. Supposed to be long and steady, but my legs were sore and tired so my pace fell off on the return leg. Tired ....

Swim
  • 20m 50s
  • 1100.00 yards
  • 01m 53s /100 yards

100 free
100 one arm with kick board
100 free
100 front scull with pull buoy
100 free
100 fist drill
100 free
100 "monkey"
100 free
100 catch-up with pull buoy
100 free

All I could fit in. Focus on good form and staying relaxed. Better swim than the other day even if the times weren't faster on my stand-alone 100's.

Won $150 in the Mega Millions lottery game last night.  I'm a very lucky/blessed guy when it comes to that stuff.  Thanks to whomever it is that takes such good care of me and the family!!

• Health data: Sleep: 2 Stress: 3 Soreness: 2 Fatigue: 2 Sick: 3 Hours slept: 5 Overall Workout: 2

Woke up late (this weekend being up past midnight each night catching up) so no run this morning.  Brought my stuff for a lunch time run.  Going for 8 miles general aerobic + strides.  "Officially" first day of marathon training for the B&A Trail marathon in March.

Ugh, had a meeting that just got out and ran all the way through lunch (until about 2:30).  We'll see if I can get my run in when I get home, but that will mess up tomorrow's run in the morning ......

Bah .... no run.  This cold still won't go away, my legs are still tired from Sunday and it sucks outside, so forget it.

Oh, got my holiday bonus today.  Hmmmmmm, toys sure look nice right now!! ;)

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 2 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Sick: 3 Hours slept: 7
Have to go to PA to field measure and won't get back until late so no workout today.  Have to get on the road to drive so BT will have some peace and quiet without me .... ;-P

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 2 Soreness: 2 Fatigue: 3 Sick: 3 Hours slept: 8
Run
  • 36m 35s
  • 5.10 miles
  • 07m 10s /Mi

2 mile warm-up. 5k race. Race time was right around 18:35, so about the same as I did last year at the same race. It was a much larger and deeper field than the last two years. 5th overall, 4th overall male, 1st in 30-19 AG. HR ranges are for the race distance only.

Definitely feeling last night as I was just flat the whole time. Hacked up a few lungs as I was walking to the car to get warm clothes and almost hurled twice. Gotta love 4 glasses of some nice white wine without any water or other fluids!! Shoulda known better ... ;-P

Oh man this is gonna be a rough day .....

Got home late after the X-Mas party, didn't get into bed until 2, and drank wayyyyyy too much.  Hung over and achey this morning.  Plus I still have this chest/sinus thing going on and I'm hacking up some nice lung cookies.  Been pretty quiet about it just wanting it to go away, but it's been lingering for awhile.

All of that is going to make for a "fun" race.  I totally don't expect anything stellar out of this one .....

• Health data: Sleep: 2 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 2 Sick: 3 Hours slept: 4 Overall Workout: 2

Daremo's Training Log

December 2007 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31     

Time
Distance
  • July's totals
  • June's totals