Bike
  • 30m 59s
  • 12.40 miles
  • 24.01 Mi/hr

Two loops. Very windy. Relatively flat with a few humps on each loop. I went without the speed/distance/avg. part of the cyclometer and just rode by cadence and RPE. Good ride. Went about as well as I could with limited bike fitness and the amount of people on the course.

Run
  • 19m 29s
  • 3.10 miles
  • 06m 17s /Mi

Out and back for the run. By the time I got here there was almost no one in front of me. Passed one guy around the two mile mark.

Swim
  • 05m 28s
  • 328.08 yards
  • 01m 38s /100 yards

Loop swim in the pool. Time also includes the about 50 foot run as you got out of the pool and ran out to the transition area. What a mess the swim was! I walked twice because of log jams in traffic, breast storked once and every time I got my groove on with freestyle I would fly up on the next person. I'm amazed I had the time I did all things considering! Also included my 50 meter warm-up in this time/distance.

Up and at 'em at 4 am.  Hopping in the car at 4:30 to go to the race.  Guess what ........ it's raining ....... shocker!!

Oh, and yesterday Mir liked the idea of Lake Placid over Arizona, so it looks like I'll be signing up for IMLP instead of IMAZ. ;)

RACE RESULT: 4th place overall, 1st in AG (35-39) and 2nd fastest bike split overall.  I realized when I looked at the results that I was only 9 seconds out of 3rd overall.  T1 was 1:16 (even with the wetsuit), T2 was 1:11 because of trying to get shoes on (and I still ran with two rocks in my right shoe).  Between that and the cluster f--k that was the swim I could have easily made that time up.  Oh well, I had a good time and met a lot of BTers and cheered them on!

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 4 Fatigue: 4 Hours slept: 5 Overall Workout: 4
Bike
  • 30m 41s
  • 10.20 miles
  • 19.95 Mi/hr

Did 6 loops around the neighborhood to get some heat in the tires, practive some easy cornerning and scrub the wax of the tires.

I don't have a magnet hooked up for the cyclometer, and I think I'm just going to go blind for tomorrow's race except for cadence. ;)

Glued the tires last night, so plan is to go out for an easy spin this morning to get the wax off the tires.  Then we have a super busy day with kids stuff and the dairy farm co-op run to PA and back to Annapolis to drop it off (we each do it twice a year in the group and its our month).

I still have to rig up a magnet/sensor so my cyclometer will work on the disc ......

• Health data: Sleep: 2 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 7 Overall Workout: 3

Ahhhh, rest day.  Going to glue to tires on the rims and let them sit overnight, put on the Zipp only brake pads (it's a racket ... they can claim no warranty if you don't use them) and check the der. operation with the race day 11-21 cassette.  Plan is to get a few miles in tomorrow morning to get the wax off the tires.

Also going to install my Buddy Club exhaust and a new catalytic convertor on the Prelude this evening so I can get rid of my "check engine light" and pass my emission test (which is a month late now).  Side benefit is that I'll pick up another 3 - 5 hp and get a nicer exhaust note out of the car. Cool

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 7.5
Run
  • 28m 14s
  • 3.40 miles
  • 08m 18s /Mi

Recovery

Two of the shorter loops around the neighborhood (1.7 miles) pushing the littlest bug in the jogging stroller. He seemed to like it but it really messes up your running form! ;-P

Had to get to work early so that I can home before lunch to watch the baby.  Mir has to go to a Mother's Day Tea at Collin's school and they specifically said "no syblings" so I have to watch Aiden.  The little bug and I are going to go for a 3 - 5 mile recovery run. Wink

OH YEAH, RICK'S DOING THE HAPPY DANCE!!

Paul called, wheels are in!!  Woo hoo!!!!

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 7 Overall Workout: 3
Swim
  • 27m 57s
  • 1500.00 yards
  • 01m 52s /100 yards

Monthly test time ......

1,000 yard TT - 18:30 (1:51 pace) - yet another PR. This time by only 17 seconds over last month. I had to work for this one, but was able to push it pretty well. Progress is still being made!

5 x 100 easy. One of them I did the two lane snake to sort of practice for this weekend's race. I also got out of the pool as fast as I could on the last one to work on that aspect of it.

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 8 Overall Workout: 4
Bike
  • 52m 05s
  • 18.00 miles
  • 20.74 Mi/hr

Messing around on the TT bike on a semi-rolling route near the house.

w/u - about 11 minutes
1st interval - 3.8 miles in 9:01 (25.29 mph - 164 for avg. HR)
3.8 miles easy (back to the beginning - still averaged 19.27 mph)
2nd interval - 3.8 miles in 9:15 (24.65 mph - I had to stop at two stop lights and re-starting up a slight grade killed my avg. speed - 163 for avg. HR).
Cool down - easy rest of the way home.

I had a tailwind on the two intervals, so that is why they were fairly quick.

Run
  • 47m 40s
  • 6.00 miles
  • 07m 56s /Mi

Recovery + Speed

Two of the big loops around the neighborhood with 8 x 100 strides mixed in to get the fast twitch fibers woken up. It was frickin' 42* out this morning! What's up with that???

Still no wheels ...... but Paul called Zipp and they said they were on the truck for Fed Ex and we should see them soon.  I also put the Transition frame/fork on EBay as well as the Ultegra cranks.  Hopefully I'll get what I want for them.

And I finally have more bike miles than running miles for the year!

• Health data: Sleep: 2 Stress: 3 Soreness: 2 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 6.5 Overall Workout: 3
Swim
  • 40m 31s
  • 2000.00 yards
  • 02m 02s /100 yards

w/u - 200 sw, 100 k, 200 sw

Main set:
4 x 150 build (:20 rest)
4 x 50 kick (:15 rest)
4 x 100 build (:15 rest)
100 kick

c/d - 200 easy

Short rest intervals make the workout hurt more ...... I like my old method where I take as long as I want between the sets. ;-P

And kicking drills KILL your average speed .....

Got most of the raised planters built for Mir yesterday.  I still have one more to assemble (all built but not put together), one more to build, and one more to measure/cut/build/assemble.  We did them from scratch using 1 x 6 and 4 x 4 cedar and they turned out pretty nice.  Then she can order the dirt for them and start her garden in the back yard.

I did sell the FSA's on EBay, got $715 for them, which is right around what I was looking for, so that's cool.  Now hopefully the Zipps will be in today or tomorrow as I need them for the race Sunday .......

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 7 Overall Workout: 3

Daremo's Training Log

May 2007 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
   1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31  

Time
Distance
  • July's totals
  • June's totals