Run
  • 4h 51m 44s
  • 26.20 miles
  • 11m 08s /Mi
Swim
  • 1h 18m 33s
  • 4224.00 yards
  • 01m 52s /100 yards

Good day overall, no really low or negative places.  Wanted to beat my Florida swim time as my main goal, which I did by about 2 minutes.  Wanted to make the ride a total Sunday cruise and enjoy the scenery and the moment.  Did that just fine and came off the bike feeling pretty good, and still put up a sub-6 time (which was an aside goal).  Wanted to at least run half of the marathon, which when combined all the miles I actually ran it was close to about 16 miles or so.  And my final private goal was to beat the Florida time which I did by 15 minutes!!  Woohoo!

Now imagine if I trained for this! ;)

The course was filled with a bunch of hardcore maniacs for surviving through Noah's 40 days and 40 nights ... you guys all rocked and the volunteers were amazing.

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 5 Overall Workout: 4
Bike and transition bags check in today.  I'll do it some time around 2-ish so it doesn't have to sit out there all day.  That's it for today.  The remainder of the day will just be about resting and getting mentally ready (already am, but you know what I mean).

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 8.5
Swim
  • 12m
  • 600.00 yards
  • 02m /100 yards

Simple out and back in Mirror Lake to the third set of buoys to see how the water was, test out the suit and meet some BTers. The water was nice and cool, clear enough and calm. Looks like it should be a good swim on Sunday!!

Enjoying the race venue with the family.  Rained a lot today (thunderstorms) and was really cloudy all day.  Did not drive the course like I wanted ..... I'll try to do that tomorrow.  Place is great and we are having a nice relaxed time (sort of).

Ran in to quit a few BTers between the run and the registration.  Good stuff to have some friendly faces!

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 7 Overall Workout: 3

Finishing packing up the kids stuff, feeding them, taking the dog to the kennel, packing up the car and getting on the road!  Probably not getting into LP until somewhere between 6 and 8 tonight ...... safe travels to evereyone and see you all there!

And unfortunately the Zipp Vuma cranks did not get in on time as they must not have shipped them overnight the way we asked.  So no new toys fot the race.  :( But here's a teaser .......

http://www.cyclingnews.com/tech.php?id=/tech/2008/reviews/zipp_vumaquad_crankset08

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 7
Bike
  • 30m 43s
  • 10.00 miles
  • 19.53 Mi/hr

Easy out and back to make sure everything was working right on the bike.

And wouldn't you know it .... got my first tubular flat in the process. Luckily the bike was "race prepped" so I had a spare and all my stuff, otherwise it would have been a long walk home since I didn't bring my phone or anything like that.

I never pre-stretched the spare, so I had to fight with it a little to get it on. Getting the old one off was not bad at all. And I found out two things about my CO2 system. 1. Don't leave a new bottle threaded in over time since it all leaks out and becomes worthless. 2. I don't need the "crack pipe" to fill the disc when I have the CO2 system. At least that's good to know!

I went slower coming home since I didn't feel like rolling the tire off the rim. I'll let it stretch all day and then glue it on when I get home tonight before packing everything else up.

Last day of work before leaving tomorrow!  Need to go to the bank to cash some checks and get money for the trip, go to the bike shop and give Paul the shirts that Mir is working on embroidering for them, pick up my toy if it came in, get some more CO2's and see if Paul has a spare tubie I can get.  If not, then I'll be stuck buying one from Inside Out at LP (I like to carry one and keep the other and some more CO2 in the bike special needs bag).

• Health data: Sleep: 2 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 5.5 Overall Workout: 2
Run
  • 44m 47s
  • 6.20 miles
  • 07m 13s /Mi

General Aerobic

Out and back to the circle on my side of 29. Pushed the out portion at a decent pace (right around 7 flat) and put it on moderate cruise for the way back (7:25-ish). Used the Fastwitch 2's to get a feel for them again as I will be running (as always) in them on race day. Good solid short run.

What a great Tour stage yesterday!  I had followed it live on Cyclingnews of course, but I watched it last night and it was awesome.  Ususally I've been falling asleep during the broadcasts, but last night I was wide awake and Mir fell asleep! ;)

I also bought Mir a nice pair of opal ear rings with some small diamonds in them as a thank you for tolerating this "hobby" of mine.  Nothing outrageously expensive, but still very nice.

They put up the proposed course routes for the Annapolis Tri.  As long as they follow the route they've shown it will be a challenging ride and very flat and fast run.  Should suit my strengths!!

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 7 Overall Workout: 3
Swim
  • 25m 19s
  • 1500.00 yards
  • 01m 41s /100 yards

3 x 500 in wetsuit. 8:25, 8:21, 8:33

Kept the effort even and moderately easy. Just tried to stay relaxed and let the suit keep me up. Very little kicking at all.

Only bummer was the strap on my watch broke. Need to replace it for this weekend obviously.

Prepped the bike some yesterday; got the 11-23 on the 999's, put the gel bottle mount on the bike, took off the extra bottle cage (only using one and going fully course supported this time), cleaned out the saddle bag.  Only thing left to do besides cleaning the bike is to get the spare tubular strapped onto the saddle bag.  Then it will be race ready!

Oh ...... and I asked the shop to order me yet one more secret light weight weapon to have it before the race ...... I'll just leave you with the tickler that it is something else from Zipp ........ ;)

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 6.5 Overall Workout: 3

Daremo's Training Log

July 2008 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
   1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31  

Time
Distance
  • July's totals
  • June's totals