Run
  • 38m 33s
  • 6.33 miles
  • 06m 05s /Mi

Thanksgiving Day Race. Course was long.

td

Happy Thanksgiving.  This should be an interesting day.

RACE REPORT IS UP AND RUNNING....PUN INTENDED!

Swim
  • 14m 30s
  • 700.00 yards
  • -----

4 X (100 free, kick, pull, free)
4 X 50 (easy, hard, easy, hard)
100 easy

Not much...just a little something to do before tomorrows race. I was meeting Mary at the pool to take the swim toys to her, so I just did a bit too. Erin watched and waited.

Going to collect Erin (she's off school today) and go to the gym to meet Mary for a VERY short swim. Then get my mocha and head over to THE RUNNING SPOT to collect my race stuff for tomorrow.  I feel a bit "off" of my race game for some reason.

1130:  After swim, we went to Crestview for a Mocha and a littel walk to some girly place to buy Erin some smell stuff.  We parted ways with Mary, who had to go back to evil work, while Erin and I drove up to Cincinnati to THE RUNNING SPOT to pick up my race # and chip.  Yesterday and today, I've had on QUEEN'S GREATEST HITS in the car, trying to introduce Erin to some of the BEST music ever.  She likes it and was surprised at how many of the songs she has heard in different movies, commercials and such.  After picking up the stuff, we drove back to Erlanger to give Peggy some information on IM training. She is doing Louisville next year with Mary. Very exciting stuff. Peg is also doing the race tomorrow.  She baked a loaf of Pumpkin Bread for us as well.  YUMMY! We then came home, where I've been watching a  History Channel show on the Pilgrims and the Mayflower.....good to know.  

Since we've put off selling the house for a while, we're going through boxes of stuff we packed away and putting most of it back up.   Pictures on walls, knick knacks, do dads, and what nots....all back out and up.  We had the house very sparse now for over a year and it hasn't felt very "homey" for a long time. NEXT TIME we EVER decide to sell it, we're not putting stuff away..SCREW THAT.  It either sells AS IS or not at all.

Run
  • 30m 40s
  • 4.00 miles
  • 07m 40s /Mi

I was in SUCH a bad mood when I started this run at the gym on the treadmill. To cold for outside. I was hoping the endorphins would help out a bit...and they did for the most part, but there is some lingering cloud following me around. Went to Starbucks for my recovery mocha....and I'm sitting in there, just drinking my mocha and trying to chill out. I'm in a chair that has a little coffee table next to it, and I've collected the daily newspaper on the table to read. So, I'm sitting there reading, and some old, wierd looking guy comes up and starts picking up MY paper and reading it as he's standing over top of me. My first reaction was to get in his face, but I tried to ZEN out and chill, so I just tossed my funny pages on the table, collected my mocha, and hit the door. YEA for Tuesday.

I had PLANNED on going for a swim this morning, but I JUST can't bring myself to get into the pool.  I'm SOOOOooooooo UNhydrovated right now....

I have the race tomorrow, so I think I'll just do a little run.  I have court later today as well.  Yadda, Yadda, yadda.

^^^ I'm freaking LOSING IT!  I got up today and thought it was WEDNESDAY! My head is WAY screwed up today....more than usual that is.  Also, I woke up in a REALLY NASTY MOOD, for no apparent reason, and I'm still in a funk. Very strange, as I am almost NEVER in a bad mood for ANY reason.  What the hell is going on?  3rd shift FUNK?  Post IM blues?  Money?  Economy? Failure to pick lottery numbers?  I have no good reason to feel this way.  Hmmmm.  FYI, race in THURSDAY, with is THANKSGIVING DAY. Geez.

Bike
  • 1h 00m
  • 15.80 miles
  • 15.80 Mi/hr

Just an easy spin today. Blood sugar dropped about 1/2 way through...due mostly I'm sure to lack of sleep (4 hours), and lot of caffine. Ate chocolate and had some hammer gel and I was just fine to finish. Watched ENTOURAGE and the news.

Strength
  • 15m

20 X each around the world...TWICE!

I'll go for a little swim O rama around 1pm ish

Oh, I MAY do a 1/2 IM at the end of May.  It's the Black Bear Half in PA.  I hadn't PLANNED on doing a half, but we wanted to take a few little trips this year, and this race is KINDA close to Mary's parents, and KINDA close to Philadelphia, so we could see family, see a niffty historic city, AND race.  I WAS looking at the PHILLY TRI, but they want $160 to do a Olympic Distance, and there is NO FREAKING WAY I'm paying THAT much to race THAT little, so I'd rather pony up the same amound and get a good sized race.  I'd just be pissed off if I did the other one.  I can't enjoy a race if I feel like I'm just getting ripped off....soooooo, THERE ....YOU....GO.   Still in the Planning phase.

Run
  • 1h 05m 02s
  • 8.00 miles
  • 08m 08s /Mi

Kinda cold. Not much to tell here. Knees not the best, but oh well...I think it's time for some new shoes.

Strength
  • 08m

• EXERCISE

Sets
    Min
    reps
    Max
    reps
    Min
    wt.(lb)
    Max
    wt.(lb)
  • SHOULDERS - Arnold Press
  • SHOULDERS - Front DB raise

4am. After "dinner". Just a little quickie to remind the muscles of things to come

20 X Each Around the World

Gonna do a little run today after I wake up....around 2pm ish, then try to catch IMAZ.

After run, watched IM Louisville on Versus, then IMAZ on computer.  

Run
  • 43m 08s
  • 6.00 miles
  • 07m 11s /Mi

6 mile run (2 at pace)
Mile 1: 8mm
Mile 2 and 3: 7:30mm
Mile 4 and 5: 6:11mm
Mile 6: 7:30
Felt good and because I NOW HAVE my Garmin again, I can say I stayed UNDER my LT. YE HA!

Strength
  • 03m

• EXERCISE

Sets
    Min
    reps
    Max
    reps
    Min
    wt.(lb)
    Max
    wt.(lb)
  • ABS - Crunches

10 X each around the world...just a quickie before dinner.

It's a great feeling to be supported by your work and community!

http://communitypress.cincinnati.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/C2/20081119/NEWS/811190358/

Up early again. This sleep pattern has me dreaming ALOT!  If this continues, I really should write these dreams down.  Very strange. Having 2 or 3 vivid dreams a "night", where I might have 1 dream that I actually remember about once a week before.  Also, I'm not getting much more than 6ish hours a "night" as well.

Swim
  • 39m
  • 1800.00 yards
  • -----

The workout:

4 x 100 (swim, kick, pull, swim)

1 x 300 free on base (moderate effort)
1 x 200 free on base (bit faster effort)
2 x 100 free on base (hard effort)
2:00 break
2 x 100 free on base (moderate effort)
1 x 200 free on base (bit faster effort)
1 x 300 free (hard effort)

This was SUPPOSED to be a 2400 yard, but I cut it short. Got kicked out of lane, and I'd rather be home with family a bit earlier. However, I did run up and do a few miles on the treadmill first.

Run
  • 23m
  • 3.00 miles
  • 07m 40s /Mi

I ate A LOT of spuds yesterday, so I needed to burn those extra unused carbs off today, therefore, I threw in a extra little run. Kept the pace kinda brisk. YE HA! TOMORROW I BEGIN USING GARMIN AGAIN!

Strength
  • 14m

Did some quick sets during "dinner" at work.
Still not seeing a big improvement in my Pullups, although I'm not as sore after doing them.
Rows were using different plates than at THE GYM. Lighter for sure.

Before work tonight, did TABATA squats and AROUND THE WORLDS 20 X each

Sleep was crap. Kept waking up after each crazy dream. Ended up with about 6 1/2 hours of sleep. I guess that's ok.  Mailed a package, went to gym and saw Mary.  She was ending up a run, so we went to the pool together, were we got thrown out of our lanes by the fuk%ing swim team.  I ran, got recovery Mocha, came home, installed new Garmin Training Center, ate, watched Conor throw up after drinking about a gallon of chocolate milk, and now it's time to get ready for another exciting 3rd shift of work. Yea.

timebaron's Training Log

November 2008 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29

Time
Distance
  • Golden Gate Trail Classic (Run)
    11/20/2021 San Fransisco, California
  • September's totals