Run
  • 3h 16m 33s
  • 26.20 miles
  • 07m 30s /Mi

Gasparilla Marathon. Last Voyage. PR!

Race day, as a whole (not hole) was great.  Got the race in, then afterwards went to lunch across the street at Champions and had a huge Cheeseburger with bacon, fries and a few Guinness.  Relaxed a bit, then Jeff picked up Mike and I and we drove out to Clearwater to the beach.  We hung on the beach, put our feet in the super cold water, and looked for shells.  Sat in the sand for a while, then headed over to a bar on the beach and ate, drank and watched Canada beat USA in hockey.  Drove back to hotel, then had another cocktail for free in the lobby (FREE IS GOOD).  Got to bed around 10ish.  WOW, what an awesome marathon day, with a PR to boot~!

Run
  • 16m 56s
  • 2.21 miles
  • 07m 40s /Mi

Just a quick run.

Travel Day.  More when I get to Tampa.

14:45  Got to Tampa, went right to Embassy Suites, then to Expo, which is about 100 feet away from hotel!  Got our goodie bags, numbers and stuff, then ate lunch next to the water!  So freaking nice compared to KY and it's weather.  Took a long walk around the water way, looking at boats, palm trees and just soaking up the sunlight.  It's right on the boarder line of shorts and NO shorts here.  No real plans...just chilling out.
Sport
  • Spinning Class
  • 47m

New spin workout, only for 20 minutes or so, then gave Mark S.a class for 27ish. Woo Hoo

Work is done, ramping up for tomorrows trip.

Run
  • 03m 11s
  • 3.00 miles
  • -----

Intervals.
1 mile wu
4 X 1/4 mile at 6:40 pace
longish warm down

Strength
  • 02m

Tabatas

Sport #1
  • Core Training
  • 07m

Core, around worlds, 25 each

P90X :Bis, back

Sport #2
  • P90X
  • 35m

Core, around worlds, 25 each

P90X :Bis, back

06:48  Up early again.  Taking kids to school with Mary, then we're off to the gym for some speed workouts.  Then we're spending the rest of the day just hanging out together.  These wonderful days of being able to just bee bop around together on a week day are probably coming to an end.  They were a wonderful luxury to to have, and I've enjoyed it every single day.  Maybe my retirement job, whatever THAT might be, will afford us the same type of opportunities.

Swim
  • 31m 20s
  • 1400.00 yards
  • -----

4 X 100 S,K,P,S
2 X 300 Pull
2 X 200 swim
I think. I may have done more...my mind was wandering a bit.

Sport
  • Spinning Class
  • 1h 11m 10s

Took it easy on myself...well....kinda. Got there a bit early and just spun VERY VERY easy until class actually started, then I let'r rip and kicked it in full tilt.....SO MUCH MORE energy and power during this TAPER week.

Up early to take kids to school with Mary, then we popped over to gym for a swim.  I cut it short, since it's "taper week".  We dressed then went to our "spin gym" and hit the class there.  Mary and I are going to Notre Dame for a walk though to see if we like it for Erin next year.  I just keep thinking of the scene in Highlander..."...nuns, no sense of humor....".  Finn has DOG CLASS tonight....always a fun time.  It's 36 here now, but somehow it's spitting snow now and then.  Crazy freaking weather.

Sport
  • P90X
  • 35m

P90X Chest, Shoulders and Tris

Met Mary at the PD after work to do our P90X at the gym there. 
Came home and hung with wifeyPooh for a little before she when to get kids and take Conor to Karate.
I stayed home to MAKE DINNER.....scary stuff!  Preparing food seems too awesome a responsibility for me.  Sure, I can make a hot dog, or some tuna, but beyond that, disaster may strike! 

timebaron's Training Log

February 2010 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27

Time
Distance
  • Golden Gate Trail Classic (Run)
    11/20/2021 San Fransisco, California
  • September's totals