Run
  • 2h 28m
  • 13.10 miles
  • 11m 18s /Mi
Sport
  • Walking
  • 30m

walked 2 miles back to hotel from race. yeah that sucked with the race bag, heat but was probably good.

will do race report later. LOTS of good stuff there.

hung in with runnergirl and watergirl for first 9 1/2 miles and then gave up :) hit a PR for 10K, 10 miler and 13.1 even if i didn't hit my goal time. (pooped out the last 3 miles and walked a few minutes). realized I have lots of long runs to put in before marine corps!

hung out on beach after race, went out for lunch, back to room to rest, out to dinner and saw 3 doors down concert and fireworks at end.

Run
  • 10m
  • 1.00 miles
  • -----

ran a mile on boardwalk to just check out course, loosen up.

Swim
  • 05m
  • -----
  • -----
Sport #1
  • Walking
  • 1h 30m

5 miles

Sport #2
  • Walking
  • -----

5 miles

Met BTers at 9 am for OWS. uh it was freezing and locals had their wetsuits. waves so high guys were surfing. I lasted 5 minutes trying to get past cold water and manmouth waves. I realized I had nothing to prove and got out and waited!

After everyone got done with swim the lifeguards showed up to put the red flags out for 'dangerous swim'. uh yeah.

Met artemis, captaintony, PTinVA, runnergirl29. they all rocked!

went to hotel to shower, walked 2 miles to expo, got pic with team hoyt and shopped lots. walked to sports bar, had snack watched football. headed back to room.

met bters for dinner and hit the bed early.

room right on ocean slept to sound of waves all night.

Left thrusday afternoon to head to atlanta to stay with amanda for the night.

went to dinner with her, jim and heather (hblackman). they all rock!!

got up early. headed off to pick up steph (watergirl) and got to virginia beach at 9 or so. We just missed teh storm but it was windy and freezing when we got there. they had 10 inches of rain from tropical storm!

Bike
  • 1h 00m
  • 15.00 miles
  • -----

Got a short ride in this morning before I packed.

End of month goal review 

• Swim 15000 Meters - Hit that goal!
  • Bike 200 miles - Came close, The rain and cancelled Tuesday night ride caused this.
  • Run 75 miles - Hit that goal!
  • Strength Training: 2x/wk - A few times for month
  • Yoga/Pilates: 2x/wk - A few times for month
  • Lose 5 pds - Hit that goal!
  • Less than 5 yellow squares - Hit that goal!
  • Hit a PR in sprint tri  -DID IT 8-12!

OK, did pretty good this month on goals. Of course strength/yoga my super goal to get better with next month.

Shoulders sore today but feel better about my swimming!

All packed and hitting GA today to catch up with BT peeps for our RNR trip!!!!

Run
  • 31m
  • 3.00 miles
  • 10m 20s /Mi
Swim
  • -----
  • 2600.00 meters
  • -----

phew, survived 5 meetings!

Met a girlfriend for a run. Felt good again! Dang these little runs rock!

Had good session with swim coach. Fixed some things I was doing wrong and I was much faster. (I finally understood what she meant when said I was swimming too 'pretty'. :) Did extra sets of 300 to get to my month end goal!! Don't remember my times but they were good. I BSd a lot with coach and trigods so was there a long break in middle.

Run
  • 41m 23s
  • 4.00 miles
  • 10m 21s /Mi

Slept bad again. What is going on? I even took an Ambien and was so awake at 3 am. Didn't fall back to sleep until 5 or so. Ugh.

Hey I am not worried about my poopy workouts the past few days. I am glad that in the midst of a bad workout, I kept going, both for the run and last night's swim....and both times, my last legs were my best times so it shows me that even when I am not 'feeling it' or in pain, I have more to give then I think. I will take that with me on future races!

Thunder and lightening before massage and late from meeting. Run was going to get cancelled but group bike got cancelled for weather. By the time I got home, it cleared up so I ran by my house, rolling hills and all. Had a good run. Legs felt great. Even the hills! I love connective tissue massage. Unlike deep tissue, doesn't wear you out. I booked 4 more visits through my full marathon! :) (she gave me a huge discount for booking so many).

I am running before my massage today near the college. Nice little flat 5K run :) And I got an email from the RNR marathon folks...there are going to be some great concerts this weekend!! Groups from my 80s era too! How cool!! I can't wait so sing, dance and party with the BTers!! Oh yeah and run too!

Swim
  • 1h 00m
  • 2000.00 meters
  • -----

Didn't get to leave work until after 5, went to Y and had a crappy swim.

• 300 warm up (8:08)
  • 200 kick
  • 300 drill
  • 200= 8*25 on 35 (usually finish in 4:50, did 5:08, felt not form tonight)
  • 3 sets of 300 (negative splits, 2 min RI), 7:50 (wanted to quit here), 7:38, 7:28
  • 100 cooldown

the only redeeming part of swim was as much as I wanted to quit and give up, my times improved. By the time I got home and ate dinner it was 8 pm. Too dark to run outdoors and I just don't feel like running on dreadmill.

Will do a 3 mile run in the morning before my evening bike ride.

rrizzo's Training Log

September 2006 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
      1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Time
Distance
  • March's totals
  • February's totals