• 1250.00 yards
  • 02m 14s /100 yards

w/u 3x 100
m/s 6x50 kick drills, 6x 50 pull drills, 3x 100 free
c/d 50 back

Strength
  • 20m

Core and a little quality time with the roller

So my daughter's middle school was all over the news yesterday because of huge breakout of H1N1 flu that has at least 25% of the kids out (old news in our house . been there. done that last week) So they still had her choir concert, because the powers that be decided the show must go on, even with 25% of kids gone and, from the looks of them, at least another 20% who had no business being there.

Perhaps I will swim today. UPDATE Oye. 4 months in a wet suit has spoiled me. I have some work to do in the pool.

Run
  • 23m 53s
  • 3.00 miles
  • 07m 58s /Mi

lunch time delight

So I finally started on my off season goals. As I have thought about this season and what worked and what didn't and as I thought about my limiters (Hills and wind caused me grief) I decided that this off-season shouldn't focus on a particular sport, but a particular concept: Strength. So we will see where that goes.  The other thing I will keep in mind this off season is my big goal next year of finally running a marathon (or two). So I got that going for me.
Today we swim or maybe a short run to test the legs. Update: I guess the legs passed the test. :)

Bike
  • 25m
  • 7.50 miles
  • 18.00 Mi/hr

Trainer maxi spin
Lady Gaga riding shotgun (hey that's how I roll sometimes)

Sport
  • Stretching
  • 30m

Stretch Max on Fit-TV

Knee/IT band not bugging me too much today, of course I haven't done anything yet. Will head over to club later, as they have a kick azz roller. Maybe some strenght trainer or swim while I'm there.

• Health data: Sleep: 2 Stress: 2 Soreness: 2 Hours slept: 7
Knee is still quite sore this morning.That has me a bit worrried. Oh and I had a dream I was doing the Chicago Marathon and overslept by 3 hours. (variation on triathlon dream I have ALL the time.)
Run
  • 1h 46m
  • 10.00 miles
  • 10m 36s /Mi

FAIL!
Ice Age trail
Splits
1. 9:07
2. 9:14
3. 10:58 (start of Ice age trail)
4. 9:57
5. 10:14
6. 10:17
7. 12:38
8. 12:16
9. 11:27
10. 11:20

Sport #1
  • Stair Running
  • 10m

Stretching post-run
Stair running climbing the stairs to the tower and then up the tower at Lapham peak

Sport #2
  • Stretching
  • 15m

Stretching post-run
Stair running climbing the stairs to the tower and then up the tower at Lapham peak

Wanted to pick a tough course so I took Hills of Delafield to Ice age trail through Lapham peak and beyond. Tough I got. Really tale of two runs first half was tough but felt good. About mile seven, my IT band decided to flare up and I wasn't about to push it. I walked a lot of the up hills and steep down hills. That didn't do much for my averages at that point. Not too worried about IT band long term, just pounded myself a bit too much today.

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Hours slept: 9
Swim
  • 23m 09s
  • 1000.00 yards
  • 02m 19s /100 yards

Back in the pool
need to learn to kick again

TGIF. I am thinking a little swim tonight. Will head over to the pool for the first time since May. Wish I could still swim outside. :(  Last time I was at the health club they were redoing the locker room and you had to shower in a trailer in the parking lot. Yeah that sucked.

Hoping to get caught up on lots of projects this weekend.

UPDATE: that new locker room is SWEET!

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 2 Hours slept: 8
Run
  • 34m 38s
  • 4.00 miles
  • 08m 40s /Mi

I am slower in the dark

Overslept a little today, but I am not going to beat myself up. I would really like to avoid getting sick. Unbelieveably, it has been about year and 1/2 since I was last sick (March 2008) and I don't miss it.  Run tonight.

UPDATE Dark and drizzly. Getting cooler, but I still refuse to wear pants on my runs. ;)

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 2 Fatigue: 2 Hours slept: 8.5

jmwebs' Training Log

October 2009 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
     1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31

Time
Distance
  • January's totals