Run
  • 1h 17m 04s
  • 9.35 miles
  • 08m 14s /Mi

Yipee PR

PR by 4minutes. A big thank you to lrunfit who paced me on this one. Could have not reached this goal without her. Great to see everyone!

I am actually getting excited about tomorrow. Usually run this with a 'whatever' attitude. This year I will actually try and race it. Bit concerned about continued rib soreness, but I think it will be fine. Should be a great time regardless!

Will try to do something today as I don't like going two days without anything. Not sure what though.

• Health data: Sleep: 2 Stress: 2 Soreness: 2 Fatigue: 2 Sick: 2 Hours slept: 7
A friend of mine did the 50k at the Northface endurance challenge. Said it was an awesome experience. Turns out I ran on part of course on Saturday (runners had moved on from that section, when I did it) Maybe I will do the 1/2 mary portion of that race next year, now that I know what roots to watch out for.  For today, a bike ride outside or on the trainer.

• Health data: Sleep: 2 Stress: 2 Soreness: 2 Sick: 2 Hours slept: 8
Run #1
  • 30m 21s
  • 3.25 miles
  • 09m 20s /Mi
Run #2
  • 27m 11s
  • 3.25 miles
  • 08m 22s /Mi

DO OVER!
same route as AM run

Well it was still dark when I was getting dressed and instead of grabbing 'it' I must have grabbed 'sh*t.' As soon as I got out there I realized my mistake because I sure didn't have 'it' and this run was 'sh*t' Waste of a beautiful morning. Yes ribs are still sore, but getting better.

UPDATE: Well maybe it was a good idea, maybe stupid, maybe obsessive, but I just had to do this morning's run over. One vote for stupid, as this was a loop and backside was on a tree-lined, blind curve-filled, no shoulder road...in the dark. I was well lit, but some close call with cars on those blind curves. Still, glad I went back out.

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 2 Soreness: 2 Sick: 2 Hours slept: 7
Bike
  • 40m
  • 11.75 miles
  • 17.63 Mi/hr

Road bike on trainer
Form sprints (work outs in a binder)
10 w/u
6x 30 sec sprints (4:15 r/i)
5 c/d

Still sore, but seems to be a little bit better. On the fence about wearing a costume this weekend. It is fun, but with these ribs I'm not sure carry around some heavy costume is a bright idea.  Will probably stay away from the pool this week though. Some sort of biking thing today.

UPDATE after doing doing a closing over in the part of town near the Princeton Club, didn't get back until after dark, so I found the trainer.

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 2 Soreness: 2 Sick: 2 Hours slept: 7
Run
  • 26m 30s
  • 3.11 miles
  • 08m 31s /Mi
Still sore. :(  Almost seems worse,  instead of better. That's kind of a bummer. Oh well, will try to run, without falling down, today.

UPDATE: just a quick run out in the dry, warm conditions the 12 noon weather man said I would have rainy, cool weather. Also I would be lying if I said that I couldn't feel any effects of my little injury. Hopefully time will take care of that.

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 2 Sick: 2 Hours slept: 7
Swim
  • 23m 33s
  • 1000.00 yards
  • 02m 22s /100 yards

oy that stunk

Bike
  • 1h 15m 30s
  • 20.60 miles
  • 16.37 Mi/hr

into wind 15.4 avg
with wind 17.2 avg

Still sore. left chest, ribs, and arm all hurt...but only when I breath or extend my arm or push or pull anything. This made swimming quite an adventure. I wanted to get out after 200 yards but forced myself to stick it out for a bit. Weatherman forcast rain today, so when I saw that it was sunny and 60 I decided to head out, eventhough it meant missing some of the Packer game.

• Health data: Sleep: 2 Stress: 3 Soreness: 2 Sick: 2 Hours slept: 6.5

jmwebs' Training Log

October 2009 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
     1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31

Time
Distance
  • December's totals