Run
  • 38m 44s
  • 4.40 miles
  • 08m 48s /Mi

tempo run for an old guy.

So our family is getting a spanish exchange student for the next month. So temporaily I will get to be a parental type person to THREE girls. Should be fun. She arrives tonight. Also, keep it on the down-low, but I get a year older today. ;)

UPDATE ran 4.4 because I turned 44. I'm a goof like that.

Bike
  • 59m 15s
  • 15.69 miles
  • 15.89 Mi/hr

w/u 15.2 avg
m/s 16.3 avg
c/d 14.1

Took it easy, except for some hills I threw into the mix.  Will be doing more of those.  Really nice riding in the morning. LBS can't get me in for tune up until next week.  So they let me take bike home. Said tire has to be replaced. (said problem probably caused by a skid???) Also said it 'should' be ok to ride on until next week as long as I'm 'careful.' Whatever that means.

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 2 Hours slept: 6.5
Run
  • 57m 40s
  • 6.00 miles
  • 09m 37s /Mi

recovery run

Legs feel pretty good. To be honest I am itching to get back at it. Probably a run in the heat tonight to get accilimated some more. Taking my bike into Emery's today to get tire checked out and get the tune up I should have gotten before HC.

Thanks people, really.

UPDATE: waited until  it 'cooled off' to 90. took 16 oz of water and it was gone by mile 4.  Legs felt amazingly good.  Kept it easy though to keep from having a cardiac.

• Health data: Sleep: 2 Stress: 2 Hours slept: 7.5
Swim
  • 39m 04s
  • 2000.00 yards
  • 01m 57s /100 yards

OWS Pewaukee
1 x 400
1x 1600

So today, I get back at it. OWS @ Pewaukee if it is not storming.   Noticed a huge quarter-sized scrape out of my back tire. Looks like I will have to replace the tire. No idea what cause it. Probably not safe to ride on. Will take it in this week.

As for Racine, I appreciate the sentiment, but not sure that is going to happen. If I do, it would mean racing three weeks in a row and four out of five weeks. I am not sure how smart that would be or if it is possible on the home front.  Will make a decision very soon.

UPDATE: I can't quit tris, I enjoy swimming too much.

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 2 Soreness: 2 Fatigue: 2 Hours slept: 7.5
...and today is a new day. Still feeling pretty down, but I think I have come back in from the ledge. Not sure where I go from here, but I'll figure it out.  Physically, I don't feel all that bad. Legs are tired and sun burn hurts, but that's about it. Mentally still in bit of a fog.

• Health data: Sleep: 4 Stress: 2 Soreness: 2 Fatigue: 2 Hours slept: 11
Swim
  • 44m 25s
  • 2112.00 yards
  • 02m 06s /100 yards
Bike
  • 3h 17m
  • 56.40 miles
  • 17.18 Mi/hr
Run
  • 2h 32m
  • 13.10 miles
  • 11m 36s /Mi
Total time 6:40

That thud you hear is the very likely end to my long distance tri career.  I apologize to everyone, including myself, who thought I was capable of turning in a good performance.

• Health data: Sleep: 2 Hours slept: 5

Well here we are. I have had my eyes on this prize for 9 months. I'll say I'm cautiously confident. I have prepared more in each segment than ever before. The plan is to be relaxed and follow the plan. Here are my goals for each segment.

Swim: swim relaxed, but steady. Try to find some feet to follow and stay on course. Ease into it and pick up pace in the middle.  Last year= 48min. GOAL 45-46min

Bike: Push the pace, but stay within myself. Take advantage of the flat terrain and downhills when they present and spin up the hills. Same as swim, ease into it, pick up pace in middle and cruise in the last 20min. Follow nutrition plan like clockwork. HYDRATE. Looks like it is going to be hot. Last year= 3:17. GOAL 3:05

Run:  This is where my downfall has been in the past. Part of bike focus, has to been to be stronger off the bike. I will be more agressive than years past, but still smart. Looks like temps and humidity are going to up there. Will do my best to stay cool. Hopefully those runs in the Florida heat and humidity on vacation will pay off. Last year= 2:34 GOAL 2:05.

Transitions: Whether I make my goal or not could come down to transitions. I will try to move quick and channel my inner Deanna. However I will not skimp on the sunscreen!

Total: last year 6:47. GOAL 5:59:59 It will be tough, but within my reach.

• Health data: Sleep: 2 Stress: 2 Fatigue: 2 Hours slept: 6

jmwebs' Training Log

June 2009 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30    

Time
Distance
  • January's totals