Sport
  • Walking
  • 50m

a very nice walk with my lovely wife

Feeling pretty good today, but I smell a rest day coming on. Very odd thing about yesterday, I had set no goals pre-race.  Being the first time I did it, I had nothing to compare for myself. I didn't look at past results. In a way it was freeing. Made it much tougher to be disappointed. Now that I've done it, it won't happen again, but it was an interesting experiment.

• Health data: Sleep: 2 Stress: 2 Hours slept: 8
Swim
  • 13m 41s
  • 528.00 yards
  • 02m 35s /100 yards

had to be longer than that

Bike
  • 1h 17m
  • 22.00 miles
  • 17.14 Mi/hr
Run
  • 28m 18s
  • 3.10 miles
  • 09m 08s /Mi
Looking at this result by itself, each segment looks awful. However given the conditions and the course, I'm going to take it for today. Now, however, it looks like I have to do it again to better these stinker times.  Must admit, I really like this race and had a great time hanging with the Donkeys.

RACE REPORT IS UP.

• Health data: Sleep: 2 Stress: 3 Hours slept: 6
Sport
  • Yoga
  • 30m

Well that was nice.

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Hours slept: 8
Swim
  • 19m 55s
  • 1000.00 yards
  • 01m 59s /100 yards

OWS Ottawa
2x200, 1x 400 1x200
Quiet, calm and clear...everything Camp Whitcomb won't be.

So I got a race on Sunday.  Expectations are real low. With the hills, heat & humidity expecting to suffer.  Just going to enjoy the misery. Being the first time I have done this one, I do expect a race PR though. ;)

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 2 Hours slept: 7.5
Run
  • 22m 18s
  • 2.42 miles
  • 09m 13s /Mi

ez run with 5x '30 strides

Had a dream about a race last night. As is the usual theme, I overslept and missed part of the race. The new twist this time is that I fell asleep in transition (which was in a locker room) By the time I woke up, it was getting dark and every one was going out on the run. I skipped the swim, because they had taken the course down. I had a hard time finding my bike because it was getting dark. I couldn't decide if I was going to go out on the bike, go out on the run or just call it a day (or night)  Weird huh? Oh BunnyT and DjDavey were there, but didn't bother trying to wake me up.

Short run or rest today.

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 2 Fatigue: 2 Hours slept: 8.5
Bike
  • 54m 49s
  • 15.58 miles
  • 17.05 Mi/hr

Sunset is coming earlier :(

Sport #1
  • Inline Skating
  • 30m

Ride around the neighborhood with my 9 yr old and rollerblading with my 12 yr. old. Some very nice time with my girls

Sport #2
  • Mountain Bike
  • 30m

Ride around the neighborhood with my 9 yr old and rollerblading with my 12 yr. old. Some very nice time with my girls

two days in a row was too much to expect I guess. So I'll ride tonight.  Forcast is looking a little toasty for Sunday. Hot and hills, that's quite a combo.

Run
  • 46m 16s
  • 5.02 miles
  • 09m 13s /Mi
Sport #1
  • Mountain Bike
  • 30m

around the neighborhood with my daughter

Sport #2
  • Stretching
  • 05m

around the neighborhood with my daughter

So I figured what the hell, instead of beating myself up about not training in the morning, I would just get up and do it. Rewarded with a beautiful morning and a spectacular sunrise. As I found myself grousing about the fact that I haven't done this earlier, I said you can only do something about today...and here you are. Thus a new blog title was born.

• Health data: Sleep: 2 Stress: 2 Hours slept: 6

jmwebs' Training Log

August 2009 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31     

Time
Distance
  • October's totals