• 02m 03s /100 yards

OWS Ottawa
very nice

Run
  • 1h 40m 25s
  • 10.60 miles
  • 09m 28s /Mi

Park to ZZ to ZC to CI and back

my little Ottawa Beach Aquathon. Highlights: 1. seeing the fatest chipmunk ever at beach, eating a M&M, 2. the following conversation: Lady: (as I was coming out of the lake) "So was that your workout? Me: "yes, well part of it, now I going to run." Lady: Oh your one of those kind of people." 3. Seeing the back end of a beaver. I was too slow to see all of it (story of my life) 4. Cows running along side me as I ran past their pasture.

Pretty humid out there with some drizzle to add to moisture.  Drank all three fuel belt waters I had with me, by mile 8.

• Health data: Sleep: 2 Stress: 3 Soreness: 2 Hours slept: 8
Bike
  • 2h 45m
  • 44.60 miles
  • 16.22 Mi/hr

"Hill" billy
Delafield to Men. Falls. via Maple to K to KE to Lake Five rd to Plainville rd. to Townline to Menomonee Ave & Back.

Problem: had to drop something off at my old office in Men. Falls. this morning. I wanted to get in a 40ish mile ride with some hills this morning. Solution: drive my bike to Men. Falls, via a hilly route.  My pace sucks and I am loving it! Return trip had added challenge of headwind and rising heat. Feel like I actually accomplished something this morning.

• Health data: Sleep: 2 Stress: 2 Hours slept: 8
Picking the kids up from camp. That's good. Weekend is here. That's good too. I am in need of a bit of a re-charge.

• Health data: Sleep: 2 Stress: 1 Fatigue: 2 Hours slept: 9
Run
  • 46m 58s
  • 5.10 miles
  • 09m 13s /Mi
Sport
  • Stretching
  • 05m
Tri season is over for me so it seems the best thing to do is swim tonight. Never mind, make it a run.

• Health data: Sleep: 2 Stress: 1 Fatigue: 2 Hours slept: 9
Bike
  • 1h 01m
  • 17.23 miles
  • 16.95 Mi/hr

legs still mad at me for Sunday

I'm always tired. I have to admit, I'm tired of being tired. I wonder what the deal is. The deal tonight, I think, will be a bike ride.

• Health data: Sleep: 2 Stress: 2 Fatigue: 2 Hours slept: 8.5
Run
  • 35m 01s
  • 4.01 miles
  • 08m 44s /Mi

splits 8:49, 8:51, 8:45, 8:31

Sport
  • Stretching
  • -----
I feel like running, running like the wind...as long as its not too strong of a wind.

Anybody else notice how well informed 'Lake Swimmer' who posted in the Oshkosh tragedy thread was.  She knew an awful lot of details for a volunteer. She knew exactly how many lifeguards there were for each segment. SHe knew exactly when each wave went off. She declared there WOULD be changes to next years race. That would seem like stuff only a director could declare. Strange, yesterday was her very first (and only) post too. Nah, I must be mistaken. ;)

UPDATE Amazing what a little less heat and humidity can do for your run. Felt quite good, thank you very much.

• Health data: Sleep: 2 Stress: 2 Hours slept: 7.5
Sport
  • Walking
  • 50m

a very nice walk with my lovely wife

Feeling pretty good today, but I smell a rest day coming on. Very odd thing about yesterday, I had set no goals pre-race.  Being the first time I did it, I had nothing to compare for myself. I didn't look at past results. In a way it was freeing. Made it much tougher to be disappointed. Now that I've done it, it won't happen again, but it was an interesting experiment.

• Health data: Sleep: 2 Stress: 2 Hours slept: 8

jmwebs' Training Log

August 2009 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31     

Time
Distance
  • October's totals