Probably looking at some sort of ride tonight. If weather doesn't improve, might have to be on my old friend the trainer. :(

UPDATE Took  the fact that I fell asleep on the couch, waiting for the weather, as a sign I mught want to take the evening off.

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 2 Fatigue: 2 Hours slept: 8
Run
  • 52m 48s
  • 6.00 miles
  • 08m 48s /Mi

splits
1 9:00, 2 8:59, 3 9:03, 4 8:41, 5 8:35, 6 8:32

Sport
  • Stretching
  • 05m
A run tonight. Maybe some speed work or hills...or I could combine them for some spill work.

UPDATE: nice little run in the rain.  Headed over to the track, but still closed as they are putting in a new turf. Looks almost done.  Pleased with the pace at a moderate effort.

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 2 Hours slept: 8
Bike
  • 1h 10m 59s
  • 21.88 miles
  • 18.49 Mi/hr

w/u 17.1 avg
out 18.6avg
back 18.6 avg
c/d 17.8 avg

Ever have one of those sessions were everything just felt right?

It is a lovely day, I should do something. Maybe a ride or a run or maybe skip through a field with the wind blowing through my hair. What? It could happen.

UPDATE Opted for the ride. Glad I did. Maybe those hills are doing some good. Was feeling pretty good about myself cruising at about 22, when I got passed by one of those Team multisport guys. I know this because he was wearing his team uniform. Second time I have seen one of these guys doing that on a training ride. Sure must be a proud bunch.

I think I'm going to try one of those rest day things.  So I passed last year's swimming total this weekend. Probably more of a testament to low volume last year than anything spectacular this year. Although, I relalized that I did this dispite not swimming a month (pool closed) this spring. That makes me feel a little better about the accomplishment.

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 2 Hours slept: 7.5
Swim
  • 28m 44s
  • 1400.00 yards
  • 02m 03s /100 yards

OWS Ottawa
very nice

Run
  • 1h 40m 25s
  • 10.60 miles
  • 09m 28s /Mi

Park to ZZ to ZC to CI and back

my little Ottawa Beach Aquathon. Highlights: 1. seeing the fatest chipmunk ever at beach, eating a M&M, 2. the following conversation: Lady: (as I was coming out of the lake) "So was that your workout? Me: "yes, well part of it, now I going to run." Lady: Oh your one of those kind of people." 3. Seeing the back end of a beaver. I was too slow to see all of it (story of my life) 4. Cows running along side me as I ran past their pasture.

Pretty humid out there with some drizzle to add to moisture.  Drank all three fuel belt waters I had with me, by mile 8.

• Health data: Sleep: 2 Stress: 3 Soreness: 2 Hours slept: 8
Bike
  • 2h 45m
  • 44.60 miles
  • 16.22 Mi/hr

"Hill" billy
Delafield to Men. Falls. via Maple to K to KE to Lake Five rd to Plainville rd. to Townline to Menomonee Ave & Back.

Problem: had to drop something off at my old office in Men. Falls. this morning. I wanted to get in a 40ish mile ride with some hills this morning. Solution: drive my bike to Men. Falls, via a hilly route.  My pace sucks and I am loving it! Return trip had added challenge of headwind and rising heat. Feel like I actually accomplished something this morning.

• Health data: Sleep: 2 Stress: 2 Hours slept: 8
Picking the kids up from camp. That's good. Weekend is here. That's good too. I am in need of a bit of a re-charge.

• Health data: Sleep: 2 Stress: 1 Fatigue: 2 Hours slept: 9

jmwebs' Training Log

August 2009 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31     

Time
Distance
  • October's totals