Run
  • 38m 58s
  • 4.05 miles
  • 09m 37s /Mi

recovery run

meh.  Some sort of bike riding tonight with a slight chance of swim.

UPDATE No doesn't look like a bike or swim to me either. Threat of rain scared me into my running shorts.

• Health data: Sleep: 2 Stress: 1 Fatigue: 2 Hours slept: 9
Could be a rest day, but so nice out, I might just head over to Pewaukee for a little OWS. Just because your rest falls on a beautiful day, doesn't mean you don't need a rest day.

• Health data: Sleep: 2 Stress: 2 Fatigue: 2 Hours slept: 8
Run
  • 1h 30m 57s
  • 10.25 miles
  • 08m 52s /Mi

might be very close to a PR for a 10 miler

Sport #1
  • Hiking
  • 1h 00m

Lapham Peak with my girls

Sport #2
  • Stretching
  • 05m

Lapham Peak with my girls

Wanted to run 12-13 this morning, but Sandman had different ideas. I wanted to get aleast 10 in, but how, I only had an hour and a 1/2? Then a brilliant idea came to me: RUN FASTER. Pretty sure this is a PR for training runs over 10 miles. Perfect conditions and temps (about 60). Only issue was nutrition. I'm out of gel and clif shot bloks, so I cut up a Clif bar and ate that. That worked ok. Also didn't take in enough hydration, as I was down about 2.5 pounds. Happy with this considering the beat down I gave my legs yesterday.

• Health data: Sleep: 2 Stress: 2 Fatigue: 2 Hours slept: 8.5
Bike
  • 2h 33m
  • 42.50 miles
  • 16.67 Mi/hr

Saturday punishment/therapy
home to Pewaukee (reverse Pew Tri route) to Hartland up Dorn road to Camp Whitcomb, Center Oak to K to some Irish sounding streets back to K to E to Home.

Hills and wind, what more could you ask for? Somehow managed to make most of first 27 miles into the wind. Last 15 with a tail wind. Sweet. Not too disapointed in this pace with wind & hills. Most of the time I was way above or way below avg pace though.

Run
  • 32m 40s
  • 4.00 miles
  • 08m 10s /Mi
Strength
  • 05m
Sport
  • Stretching
  • -----
Gosh, I'm tired. I have been tired for quite a while. I even went to doctor last week. They gave me all kinds of blood tests. The tests all came back good, which I guess is good. Most likely cuprit? Stress. Doc says it very important to keep training. So I will. Tonight run or swim.

UPDATE WTF?? I don't get it. I have been so tired and beat down lately, I can hardly stay awake, but I have three of the best training session of the whole summer this week. I just don't get it.

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 2 Fatigue: 2 Hours slept: 9
Probably looking at some sort of ride tonight. If weather doesn't improve, might have to be on my old friend the trainer. :(

UPDATE Took  the fact that I fell asleep on the couch, waiting for the weather, as a sign I mught want to take the evening off.

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 2 Fatigue: 2 Hours slept: 8
Run
  • 52m 48s
  • 6.00 miles
  • 08m 48s /Mi

splits
1 9:00, 2 8:59, 3 9:03, 4 8:41, 5 8:35, 6 8:32

Sport
  • Stretching
  • 05m
A run tonight. Maybe some speed work or hills...or I could combine them for some spill work.

UPDATE: nice little run in the rain.  Headed over to the track, but still closed as they are putting in a new turf. Looks almost done.  Pleased with the pace at a moderate effort.

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 2 Hours slept: 8

jmwebs' Training Log

August 2009 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31     

Time
Distance
  • January's totals