Will go light volume this week with 1/2 mary on Saturday. Nice weather will require a bike or swim today. Chaos before the first of school, made this a rest day.

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 2 Fatigue: 2 Hours slept: 8.5
Run
  • 28m 07s
  • 3.10 miles
  • 09m 04s /Mi

Along the Chicago River and lakefront

Well my wife and I decided to take the kids down to Chicago for a little end of summer get away this weekend.  Took my running gear just in case I got the urge to do a little. Well we stayed in the heart of downtown, right by the river.  When we got into town on saturday I saw lots of tri bikes and body marked people and figured out that the CHicago tri was this weekend.

So this morning I decided to go out for a little run. Well I accidently (my wife doesn't believe it, but its true) stumbled upon the Chicago tri. For a while (quite accidently I assure you) I found myself running IN the Chicago tri.  Here's how: I was running on the bike path on the lake shore when I came upon the transition area (OMG was that HUGE) I was dodging people when I noticed a bunch of people in wetsuits coming toward me. I wanted to get out of their way so I switched to a different path, then I found myself going in a fenced area, looked around and realized that everybody around me had bodymarkings on their legs. Oh Oh. I had somehow gotten myself on the course.  After about 200 feet or so I found my way off the course and continued on my run. After turn around, I decided to stop and watch the swim for a bit. That was cool, as they swim right along the shore in the harbor and you can just watch them swim by. Many people follow the people they are cheering as they swim along. Anyway with this side track, run was shorter than I would normally do on a beautiful sunday, morn., but wanted to get back to hotel to head out on our family adventures.

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 4 Hours slept: 7.5
Swim
  • 20m 29s
  • 1000.00 yards
  • 02m 03s /100 yards

OWS Ottawa
1x 200 w/u
1x 800

Temps mid 50's, windy, no tri until next June. So of course I went for OWS. Water temp not bad at all (although starting to get cooler), however wind actually made white caps at Ottawa (that never happens on this flat lake) Always appreciate these as OWS season gets closer to its end.  

Bike
  • 1h 18m
  • 22.45 miles
  • 17.27 Mi/hr

dead legs walking

Well I suppose I should do something tonight. Bike or maybe even a swim.

UPDATE legs were still feeling last night's session. Did the exact same route as Wednesday and it took me 6 minutes longer. maybe should have taken a rest day.

• Health data: Sleep: 2 Stress: 2 Fatigue: 2 Hours slept: 9
Run #1
  • 18m 13s
  • 2.00 miles
  • 09m 07s /Mi

Warm up to the track

Run #2
  • 17m 30s
  • 2.00 miles
  • 08m 45s /Mi

"speed"/track
4x400 w/400 rest int between
1. 1:46 (6:35 pace)
2. 1:52 (6:52)
3. 1:53 (7:02)
4. 1:49 (6:57)

Run #3
  • 18m 43s
  • 2.00 miles
  • 09m 22s /Mi

cool down home

Looks like a run in the rain tonight.

UPDATE Decided to head over to track (now open!) for a little speedwork. Yeah I use that term loosely.  Need to get over there a lot more. First one ok, but then I faded pretty fast.

• Health data: Sleep: 2 Stress: 2 Fatigue: 2 Hours slept: 8.5
Bike
  • 1h 12m
  • 22.40 miles
  • 18.67 Mi/hr

Why didn't anybody tell me it gets dark early?

Maybe today, I get that bike ride in.

UPDATE out to Dousman (dropped my Du registration off at Bike doctors to save $5). Nice dreary evening for a ride. Got dark way too early. Part of good pace is because I was racing against darkness. (yeah, lost that race)

• Health data: Sleep: 2 Stress: 2 Fatigue: 2 Hours slept: 7
Run
  • 38m 58s
  • 4.05 miles
  • 09m 37s /Mi

recovery run

meh.  Some sort of bike riding tonight with a slight chance of swim.

UPDATE No doesn't look like a bike or swim to me either. Threat of rain scared me into my running shorts.

• Health data: Sleep: 2 Stress: 1 Fatigue: 2 Hours slept: 9

jmwebs' Training Log

August 2009 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31     

Time
Distance
  • October's totals