• 08m 20s
  • 425.00 yards
  • 01m 58s /100 yards

Season's Farwell ows at Ottawa

Sport
  • Hiking
  • 30m

Hiking with my girls on one of the Kettle Moraine trails near Ottawa Lake

Ok swim tonight. Think I might try to sneak one more OWS in. Starting to fomulate my plan for the off-season and ideas brewing for next year's races.

UPDATE Holy shrinkage, batman. OWS season is finished. Guessing water is in mid 50's. Whatever it is, too cold for my taste. Really body was fine with wetsuit, but face, feet and hands mighty cold. Went for a hike with my kids and then brought them to beach with me. Air temp of about 50 probably made for not as much fun as going to the beach in July. ;) Added bummer, think I left my bag I carry my goggles and swim caps in, at the lake. Will probably go back and conduct a search and rescue tomorrow.

Bike
  • 45m
  • 12.75 miles
  • 17.00 Mi/hr

road bike-trainer :(
5 w/u
10 high cadence spin sm ring
10 min high cadence big ring
10 high cadence spin sm ring
5 c/d

You know all this resting is great and everything, but it makes me crabby. A little something to put a smile on my face: I PR'ed every running segment or running race this season, except for the Dousman Du. The Du runs were both sub 8 pace, so tough to complain there.

I think I will pull up the swim trunks and go for a swim tonight.

Update: priority of helping with homework, took all the daylight, so I had a visit with my old friend the trainer.

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 2 Hours slept: 8
I am ready and willing for a rest day today.  Funny, my September is shaping up to be one of my lowest volume months in a long time, but I feel beat down. I suspect it is all the racing. I have raced every weekend, except one. My 'off' weekend was Ironman. I think I am going to take the week off from running and let the legs recover a bit.

• Health data: Sleep: 2 Stress: 3 Fatigue: 2 Hours slept: 7
Bike
  • 1h 46m
  • 28.25 miles
  • 15.99 Mi/hr

ez recovery ride on tired legs

Beautiful morning for a ride in Lake Country. Stopped myself when I started grumbling about slow pace. First, legs served their duty yesterday. Second. Sometimes it is good to slow down and enjoy the view.

Bonus: This ride puts my yearly bike mileage higher than any previous year...and there are still three months left. Cool.

Run
  • 50m 30s
  • 6.20 miles
  • 08m 09s /Mi

KETTLE MORAINE COMMUNITY 10K
Splits (last year's splits)
1. 7:33 (7:53)
2. 8:11 (8:38)
3. 8:50 (8:56)
4. 8:34 (8:34)
5. 8:34 (8:39)
6. 7:47 (7:57)
.2 7:21 (6:58)

Sport
  • Yoga
  • 30m

pre-race

Fun race, but a tough course, especially the middle miles.  Really not much flat. Either going up or coming down. PR'ed course by about a minute. I will take it, considering just did the Du last sunday. Not sure of my placement, as I had to leave right away to get my daughter to a birthday party.

UPDATE: came in 14th place out of 47. Alas didn't do well in the old guy division though, coming in 4th out of 5.

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Hours slept: 6
Not sure what I'll do today and it doesn't really matter too much. ;) I have the Kettle Moraine 5k/10k tomorrow. Not sure which one to do. I will be pressed for time and have to be home 1 hour after race start. Race is only 5 minutes from my house, so the 10k is doable, but leaves no margin for error. Course is pretty hilly and runs where I do most of my training runs.

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Hours slept: 7
Probably short run, although time is limited because we have open house for my daughter's school. We switched schools for her this year and it and it has made a huge difference for her. That makes me smile.

jmwebs' Training Log

September 2009 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
   1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30   

Time
Distance
  • January's totals
  • December's totals