Run
  • 1h 01m 14s
  • 7.00 miles
  • 08m 45s /Mi

out 30:32 (8:43 pace)
back 30:39 (8:47 pace)

Another weekend of big miles.  Tomorrow is forcast good amount of rain, so I will have to figure out something to avoid the freeze fest I had last weekend.  Funny, training for these races almost has a triathlon training feel. Where standard marathon plan called for nothing really on friday or sunday and then long run on Saturday.  In the old days I would do big swim on friday, big ride on saturday and big run on sunday day. Now I have big run friday, bigger run saturday and biggest run sunday.  Well it all makes sense in my head. 

UPDATE wanted to go a little longer but home later from work and then promised my daughter we would go get Noodles & company. So wanted to get out before it got too, too late.  After the depressing news of today's shooting, I thought this would be a bad run, but it actualy felt pretty good. Never know what you are going to get out there.  Used my last pair of shoes because current pair is done at 400ish miles and last pair only has about 330 (thanks BT tracker).  Need new ones, but have not had time yet.

Scheduled rest day

SOme random thoughts:

today I weigh 149, that is slightly up from standard now of 147-148.  Funny, I don't like seeing that go up.  Most of the time I have been on BT my weight has been between 164-154.  My dream goal was to get to 150.  Now that I am under that, I get anxious when I think I might get UP to 150.  Pretty silly.

Interesting that my weight is not really moving even though I am getting up to my highest miles, well ever.  I guess my body is adapting.

Speaking of adapting, even though I am getting higher in weekly mileage, I don't feel worn down.  Make no mistake, my legs are fatigued and it is keeping my pace down, especially by the time I get to Sunday, but I do not feel completely worn out.  All in all things continue to feel pretty decent.

Run #1
  • 34m 28s
  • 4.00 miles
  • 08m 37s /Mi

out 17:38 (8:49 pace
back 16:50 (8:25 pace)

Run #2
  • 26m 43s
  • 3.00 miles
  • 08m 55s /Mi

out 13:53 (9:15) wicked headwind
back 12:50 (8:33) wicked good tailwind

You guessed it, another run tonight.  My shoes are reaching their limit so I need to get new pair.  WIll probably go before the big miles of the weekend.  Speaking of weekend, right now weather looking pretty crappy and similar to last sunday.  Oh boy.

UPDATE schedule required run to be cut up in two segments, one during piano lesson and oneafter I got home (after stopping at the pet store)

Run
  • 30m 19s
  • 3.60 miles
  • 08m 25s /Mi

all I had time for

Sport
  • Stretching
  • 15m

roller & such

run tonight

Strength
  • 20m

Core = pull ups, push ups and crunches

Rest day from running. 

Run
  • 3h 10m 28s
  • 20.50 miles
  • 09m 17s /Mi

character builder
out 1:35:55 (9:21 pace)
back 1:34:33 (9:13 pace)

Sport
  • Stretching
  • 10m
Runs like that are what they invented the term 'sufferfest' for.  Was a little apprehensive about forcast of rain, freezing rain and snow and this run did not disappoint.  Dispite doing my best to dress for weather, I was wet and cold for a good chunk of this. Real poor choice for me was flimsy cotton gloves (2 pair). While my legs were fatigued (41 miles for the weekend), all I could focus on was trying not to get hypothermia. Was going to go a little further out, but a flurry of gun shots spooked me to an early turn around.  On the way back, I kept myself motivated by promising myself some pancakes when I got back.  I would say 4 miles to pancakes, now only 3 miles to pancakes... Drank 7 bottles of water, which I was pretty pleased with because with chilly weather, didn't really get thirsty.  I did not take any enduralytes, which today made no difference.  Hope for it to be a little nicer on race day(s).

Run
  • 2h 06m 25s
  • 14.00 miles
  • 09m 02s /Mi

out 1:03:21 (9:03)
back 1:03:03 (9:00)

Sport
  • Stretching
  • 10m

'short' long run for the weekend.  Was a bit fatigued for this one.  Also little bit overdressed, which I sort of doing on purpose because of the warmer climate I will be in on race day. 

jmwebs' Training Log

December 2012 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31     

Time
Distance
  • November's totals
  • October's totals