• 25m 03s
  • 2.75 miles
  • 09m 07s /Mi

hills at home

• 55 w/u
  • 2 x 1/2 mile double hill
    2 x .30 mile mini double hill
    .55 c/d

short little hill repeats in home subdivision. Thinking a rest day would have been more fruitful.

Run
    • 1h 04m 26s
    • 7.00 miles
    • 09m 12s /Mi

ez recovery run

just a recovery run on a beautiful night

Run #1
    • 13m 20s
    • 1.50 miles
    • 08m 53s /Mi

w/u and c/d running to and from car to race

Run #2
    • 13m 29s
    • 2.03 miles
    • 06m 38s /Mi

Dylan's Run for Autism
    Splits
    1. 6:42
    2. 6:35

Sport
    • Stretching
    • 10m

So for a number of years, this is the day I go out to Madison and volunteer for IMMOO. This year, for various reasons, I did not.  This makes me a bit sad, so I wanted to do something positive, so I decided to do Dylan's Run for autism.  I have a niece who is severly autistic and did it for her. Doing this race was a really a last minute decision (barely made it before they closed registration) Wasn't really sure how I would do after running 20 miles yesterday.  Well I did pretty well.  This pace was actually pretty comfortable (although I was working pretty hard).  Very pleased with results. Finish 15th overall (out of 340) and...3rd in my age group (out of 17).  Second in AG was 12 seconds ahead and first in AG 20 seconds ahead. 

So, it turned out to be a good decision.  Helped get a bad taste out of my mouth from yesterday's run, Helped a good cause and took home some hardware.  Hard to beat that.

Run
    • 3h 00m 09s
    • 20.10 miles
    • 08m 58s /Mi

out 1:29:42 (8:55 pace)
    back 1:30:26 (9:00 pace)

Sport
    • Stretching
    • 10m
    Well I should be excited about this run, but I am not. Reason being is I always want to negative split these runs. No exceptions. Although out and back were fairly close, it was not a negative split. In addition, (and probably related to first problem) my hips and hammie felt somewhat tight on return trip and I just wasn't completely comfortable.  Now I am not going to freak out about 1/2 half of one run, but I do NOT want to go back to where I was last year.  I may make an appointment for a few ART sessions to nip anything in the bud.

Run #1
    • 15m 08s
    • 1.80 miles
    • 08m 25s /Mi

before lesson

Run #2
    • 40m 25s
    • 4.70 miles
    • 08m 36s /Mi

during my daughter's piano lesson

Just trying to fit in miles where ever I can.  Felt much better than last night.

Run
    • 34m 15s
    • 3.60 miles
    • 09m 31s /Mi

Pretty awful

Sport
    • Walking
    • 30m
    Have gotten off track on running this week as I adjust to kids back at school and the obligations that go with that.  Got home from work later and my daughter wanted to go for a walk.  She turned 16 today and the time I can do this is slipping away, so I pushed back my run until I got back.  Ending up running in full darkness and about 7 miles shorter than schedule.  I really was not into in any way but needed to at least run a few miles. So fatigue, attitude and lateness added up to a crappy short run.

Looking at my schedule I am not seeing an opening for a workout today. Shoulder still pretty sore from Monday's fall, I have got to be more careful.

jmwebs' Training Log

September 2012 
    SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
    2 3 4 5 6 7 8
    9 10 11 12 13 14 15
    16 17 18 19 20 21 22
    23 24 25 26 27 28 29

Time
    Distance
    • November's totals
    • October's totals
    • 2020 totals