Run
  • 41m 52s
  • 5.00 miles
  • 08m 22s /Mi
Sport
  • Stretching
  • 10m
Just a 5 spot.  Wasn't looking to go quite this fast, but with no Garmin this is the pace I got.

Sport
  • Yoga
  • 30m
That felt good.

Run
  • 3h 14m 47s
  • 22.04 miles
  • 08m 50s /Mi

out 1:38:11 (8:54)
back 1: 36:34 (8:45)

Sport #1
  • Stretching
  • 10m

another evening walk with my daughter

Sport #2
  • Walking
  • 30m

another evening walk with my daughter

Well, What the hell, that was even better than last week.  Woke up to rain and decided to go back to bed and head out once it stopped.  If it is raining on race day, I will regret that decision to not practice this in the rain, but this morning it was an easy choice.  Decided to take at a very comfortable pace.  Really wanted to go a bit slower than last week, but this is what my body was comfortable with.  Helped my cause to have tail wind on return trip (wind in my face on way out wasn't all that fun) although last 1.5 miles was back into the wind.  Miles 18-19, was feeling the miles, but pushed through it and miles 20-22 felt good (or as good as they could) Did get some cramps in hammie and glute in mile 21.  I think I will push gatoraid in second 1/2 of marathon to combat that.  Nutrition was same as always: about 8 bottles of water, 4 servings of shot bloks and enduralytes every hour (took 3 instead of 2 at hour 2)   Even though this is slightly faster than last week, after more miles this week, I felt better and fresher post run. Got to like that.  Now I get to taper and I like that too. :)

Run
  • 52m 38s
  • 6.00 miles
  • 08m 46s /Mi

Oconomowoc branch of Lake Country trial

A 5 or 6 miler tonight and then one more long one (22 miler) tomorrrow before I head to taper village next week.  While I have been pretty fatigued this week, I do not feel totally overcooked.  However I do plan on taking this week's long run a little slower than last week, which was almost at race pace.  However, if it is raining I might pick it up a bit to be done quicker. ;)

Got some new shoes and then tested out on my run.

Run
  • 59m 11s
  • 6.00 miles
  • 09m 52s /Mi

Lapham Peak
out 30:01
back 29:09

Sport
  • Walking
  • 30m

post dark walk with my daughter

Plan called for hills, so I decided to head out to Lapham peak.  Ran the Black run around the 'rim' of the Park.  Garmin died at 2.5 miles so distance is a bit of a guess, maybe actually a little more than 6, but probably pretty close.  Pace was everywhere from 7:30 to 13:30.  Really more about enjoying a nice fall evening running through the woods. Tonight's wildlife encounter getting within about 6 feet of a deer with her two kids.  Stopped and walked past her as she watched me from the edge of the trail. 

Run
  • 1h 09m 45s
  • 8.00 miles
  • 08m 43s /Mi

From KMHS while my daughter was at band (color guard) practice

Still really feeling fatigued.  Not all from just training, but from various other life stressors too.  Trying to take care of myself, by eating protein, eating carbs and getting plenty of sleep (8 hrs last night) With that I have still taken a 20 min nap the last three days.  Also my weight has taken a dip again (This is not expected considering where I am in training cycle) The last time I weighed what I weigh today, I was flirting with the girls in my Chemistry class and 'Flock of Seagulls' was climbing the charts. ;)

Planned run tonight and you can take that to the bank.

UPDATE legs felt good for this run, but got a little light-headed at around the turn around.  Had some shot bloks with me. Eating those seemed to do the trick and I negative split the return trip.  Had close encounter with a racoon around dusk, but we went our separate ways and all was fine. 

Run
  • 33m 17s
  • 3.80 miles
  • 08m 46s /Mi
Supposed to be speed session, but no time so I just ran this on flat part of Lake Country trail during my daughter's piano lesson.

jmwebs' Training Log

September 2012 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29

Time
Distance
  • December's totals
  • November's totals
  • 2020 totals