Run
  • 50m 40s
  • 5.50 miles
  • 09m 13s /Mi
Still in the Dells. Was at Chula Vista on Thur. and yesterday and today at Kalahari.  So I just picked a street out past the resort and quickly I was into the rolling hills of farmland.  Couple things I learned.  Doesn't take long to get into rural areas out here.  It is very hilly up here and when you have a choice, take the road less traveled.  It may be more challenging, but it will be worth it.  Mileage really kind of a guess, but probably pretty close.  I will be getting a Garmin in the next few weeks, but really no need for it today. 

Run
  • 51m 46s
  • 6.00 miles
  • 08m 38s /Mi

out 25:54 (8:37)
back 25:51 (8:37)

Up at Dells for a conference.  Ran down and back on River road which is scenic, even in the dark...and kind of hilly.  Maybe it was change in scenery, but I enjoyed this one.

Disney race reports are up, if anybody still reads those things.
Run
  • 37m 04s
  • 4.00 miles
  • 09m 16s /Mi

Ok, time to get back at it. ;)  Will run today, just not sure if it will be inside or out.  So my off season isn't just one day.  I will ease back on running a bit for next few weeks to let things heal up and will swim a little, get my bike on the trainer (and maybe ride it) and put some real focus on strength for the next 6-8 weeks.  Then once March hits I will start training in ernest for whatever it is I decided I am training for.  I think the theme for this season will be to mix it up.  I will go long, I will go short, I will trail race, I will road race, I will tri or du or both.  I will improve. 

UPDATE decided to run outside.  It was cold (3 or 4 degrees), but wind was not bad and I was dressed for it.  Not real easy to run with so many layers and I couldn't help but think when I was running last weekend it was about 75 degrees warmer. 

*off season*
Swim
  • 11m 16s
  • 550.00 yards
  • 02m 03s /100 yards
Well look at that, it is a little swim.  Biggest surprise was that I still remembered how to swim.  Not surprising was that I had no stamina in the pool.  We will see where this goes.  Hit up the hot tub after my swim.  Legs feel good this morning, I think yesterday's race was a perfect recovery recipe.

jmwebs' Training Log

January 2013 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
   1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31  

Time
Distance
  • October's totals
  • September's totals