Sport #1
  • Snow Shoveling
  • 30m

Yoga Am nice and relaxed and just what I needed
Shoveling= chipping and shoveling thick ice on my driveway left behind by the rain. no fun

Sport #2
  • Yoga
  • 30m

Yoga Am nice and relaxed and just what I needed
Shoveling= chipping and shoveling thick ice on my driveway left behind by the rain. no fun

Run
  • 1h 35m 48s
  • 10.00 miles
  • 09m 35s /Mi

out 47:46
back 48:02

Sport
  • Stretching
  • 10m

Hills and slippery conditions pretty hard on my hips and hip flexors

Tried to pick a route less traveled.  However less-traveled is different than no-traveled.  Also less traveled means less plowed.  About 80% of this was on snow covered and/or very slick, packed snow/ice-ish.  Really felt much more like a trail run, than a road run and that is just fine.  Lots of hills to keep it fun too.  Was looking forward to some forcasted sun, which never showed up though.

Run
  • 57m 28s
  • 6.00 miles
  • 09m 35s /Mi

27:58 out
29:30 back (dark)

Sport
  • Snow Shoveling
  • 20m

have been shoveling all week, but this was heavier

Got to run about 1/2 of this in the light, which was nice.  Part in dark was a bit trickier with some spots of black ice.  Really shortened my stride and took it easy in the dark.

Bike
  • 45m
  • 12.00 miles
  • 16.00 Mi/hr

13 w/u
m/s 4 x 5 min big ring (2 min r/i)
6 c/d

Another late work eve. Decided (with imput from Fam.) that might be wiser to ride bike than run in the snow. So I did.  Daughter joined me on recumbant.

Another 'rest day'  Not really liking it, but by the time I got done with work and running errands, got home about 8pm.  No energy or desire left at that point.  Is ok this week because I am still in low volume mode, but I am looking to get out of that.  I may have to re-look at the morning, as this time of year gets pretty busy and I need my work outs!
Run
  • 46m 50s
  • 5.00 miles
  • 09m 22s /Mi

out 23:31
back 23:18

Temps pretty decent (mid '20s) for this one.  Was hoping to run in the daylight, but a couple of long client calls, killed that idea.  Some of this on pretty clear streets (Delafield part) while other parts were kind of unplowed and like running with a sandy beach, without the warmth (Wales part) Delafield part pace was about 9:10 or so and Wales part about 9:30. That is ok, will help me with trail running.

I guess we will call it a rest day.  Not home from work until 7 and no energy, made it an easy call.

jmwebs' Training Log

February 2013 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
      1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28  

Time
Distance
  • October's totals
  • September's totals