Run
  • 30m 24s
  • 3.42 miles
  • 08m 53s /Mi
It's so nice to have a little less heat and humidity today.  I felt a little tired today but still ran pretty fast.  We head to Long Island tomorrow to visit with the MIL, etc.  I'll bring my gear along but I can't imagine a long quiet stretch of road there to bike on...

Bike
  • 1h 18m 20s
  • 16.67 miles
  • 12.77 Mi/hr
Run
  • 15m 19s
  • 1.63 miles
  • 09m 24s /Mi

So I got back out on the bike today- I was trying to decide between doing a 5 mile loop close to home or being brave and going on a longer ride that could take me up some hills and by construction (but just for a short bit).  I decided to be brave.  Unfortunately.  It started out OK- the one hill I was worried about was tough but I got up without walking.  Then I got to the turnoff onto rt. 31, where the construction is.  It was a right turn onto a 2 lane highway with no shoulder, going uphill.  There was no way I could safely clip in and turn and go up all at the same time, so I walked up the hill and crossed to the paved blocked off area to get to my turn off.  All well and good, I was happy to have negotiated it safely, and was preparing for my last set of hills on Valentown.  I got to the street, and it was closed for road construction.  I swore audibly.  So I had to go on the detour, which took me up a very steep grade right after a turn, so once again I had to walk up.  I need to learn how to clip in and go up at the same time- it's not easy!  I did make it up the last hill I was worried about, so that was good, and I did a short run after.

On a separate and very sad note, my thoughts and prayers go out to the Fairport HS community, and especially the friends and family of the five girls who lost their lives tragically in a car accident last night. 

Swim
  • 19m 20s
  • 750.00 yards
  • 02m 15s /100 yards

500 in 11:16 (2.25/100)
200 x 2 free
50 cooldown

I got my bike checked out today- what I hadn't noticed when I was changing the tube was the 1/4 inch spike imbedded in the tire!  I felt a little silly, but it was really buried.  Now I know to check the tire very closely when changing a flat!  I had planned on getting out for a run this afternoon, but it is still 92 degrees and humid out, so I think I'll play it safe and stay indoors.

Fencing was cancelled (after a drive through a nasty bit of traffic), so I ran out and squeezed in a swim before the pool closed.  Of course adding to my week I forgot my towel (it's amazing how dry you can get with an air hand dryer and a few paper towels), and my swim cap fell apart (and I had my hair highlighted today-not the best time to be bathed in chlorine).  But I persevered and did 750.

Sport
  • Tennis
  • 45m

Run
  • 55m 19s
  • 5.60 miles
  • 09m 53s /Mi
Sport
  • Tennis
  • 1h 15m
Longest run in a long time (and runs 3 days in a row!).  Another gorgeous day at the lake- sunny and 70s. 

momandmd's Training Log

June 2007 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
      1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Time
Distance
  • June's totals
  • May's totals