Run
  • 1h 13m 43s
  • 7.04 miles
  • 10m 28s /Mi

That was a warm one.  I had planned on 6, and was feeling good so I went 7.  Probably should have brought water with me going that far in this heat.  Oops! 

Bike
  • 1h 08m 48s
  • 15.62 miles
  • 13.62 Mi/hr
Swim
  • 23m 49s
  • 1200.00 yards
  • 01m 59s /100 yards

Around Steve's raft twice- the water is glass today so I wasn't as worried about drowning, so I pushed the last lap a bit- this is the fastest I've done this! OK, it's also only the second time, but still. My first lap was 12:09, and my second was 11:10! (with about 30 seconds in between to fix my googles).

Oh this is such a fantastic week for vacation!  I went for a bike ride with my husband- we rode up to the trail along the lake to Sampson State Park that is part of the musselman course.  It's a little rough, but a beautiful spot.  We did an out-and-back, and the hill coming back was a bear, but much easier for me that I expected it to be (I didn't even have to use my easiest gear).  DH was tired to today so it wasn't fast, but I tried to push hard on the hills.

While I was swimming I was starting to wonder if I should have signed up for the oly at Fingerlakes.  I think I could have done it given the mileage I'm doing now (maybe excepting the bike), but I'm actually glad I didn't.  I'm just starting to enjoy the training, and look forward to it (at least sometimes), and I think if there were a lot of pressure on me to get enough mileage to do the oly, I don't think it would be as fun.  There will be plenty of opportunities!  My FIL, at 65, finished Ironman Canada today in 14:15 (6/23 in his age group).   I plan to be doing this at 65 too :).

Sport
  • Walking
  • 1h 00m

Decided to take it a little easy and do the vineyard walk- it was really nice. 

We had a lovely, quiet dinner with our kids (and one of their friends, who is staying with us a few days).  I made a leek and swiss chard tart (with homemade puff pastry dough :)), pastured beef burgers, Amish farm lettuce salad.  For dessert I made vanilla ice cream, and macerated local peaches and raspberries in Ice Wine, and served it over the ice cream. Yum!

Swim
  • 25m 16s
  • 1200.00 yards
  • 02m 07s /100 yards

Vacation.  SO much better than gastroenteritis!

A couple of observations for the day.  Labs, as wonderful as they are, do not make good open water swimming partners.  And everyone in Interlaken, Lodi, and Ovid, is at the Seneca horse auction today.  Including the proprietor of Oink and Gobble farm (which is pretty much what it sounds like).

Gastroenteritis.  Yuck.

Run
  • 46m 23s
  • 4.81 miles
  • 09m 38s /Mi

I got myself up early (6:10) to run- it's always so hard to get myself out of bed, but then I actually enjoy the run!  It was a pretty morning, and the run felt good.

momandmd's Training Log

August 2010 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30 31    

Time
Distance
  • May's totals
  • April's totals