87 avg cadence 122 max cadence
Forgot to put on my HR monitor

Run
  • 25m 07s
  • 3.00 miles
  • 08m 22s /Mi

Cedar Beach Triathlon

Forgot my HR Monitor

How do I feel today? I'm up early this morning for my first sprint tri of the season at Cedar Beach. I'm a little tired but don't feel too bad this morning. I am hoping the weather holds out and it's not as windy as they are saying it will be. If so it's gonna be cold and it will make for a terrible swim if we have one.

Well I got done today but it wasn't my best race ever that is for sure. The swim almost got cancelled but they went through with it and shortened it from a half mile to a quarter mile with the current so it was a quick swim. It was very cold and windy when we started today. I had a horrible T-1 but I did well on the bike, 44th overall not too bad. My T-2 was not that good either but better than T-1. I had a good run for me, I'm slow so I was happy with what I did with that.

I'm glad I went out there today. I didn't race with a sense of urgency I raced more just to have some fun and to try and do my best. I think Bobby not only was able to talk me into doing this race but he got Mike as well. I had to laugh when we were talking about it this morning. We were all thinking we should be in bed sleeping in not standing out in the cold waiting to get into a rough ocean. I'll admit I'm glad I did it, I had fun today and got a great workout in.

The other thing is that I did every distance this season, I call it the quadfecta, sprint, olympic, HIM and IM. Not bad for this old man, not bad at all. And with that the triathlon season is officially over for me. I'll do the unofficial Wildwood sprint next week and enjoy my time off before jumping back into it and getting ready for Ironman Mont Tremblant.

Results:
87 out of 158 overall
swim place 113
bike place 44
run place 92

swim 7:09
t1 7:00
bike 45:45
t2 2:34
run 25:07

• Calories out: 3639 From lifestyle:2568, From activities:1071
  • Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 6 Overall Workout: 3
How do I feel today? I'm a little tired this morning, what else it new? But I don't feel as tired today as I've ben feeling all week. I've been dragging for sure this week. I also got to sleep in as my daughter took the day off and went to Comic Con Yay!

So the plan for today is to rest and take the day off from training. I will head down to Cedar Beach this evening to pick up my packet and then I will head over to Carl Hart bike shop to pick up my cone wrench for my tri bike.

We've not gotten all the rain that was forecast for the area. It has stayed to the west and it looks like it will get out of here today so we may get a good morning for the sprint tri tomorrow. I hope so because I don't want it to rain and I don't want the swim to get canned either. I want to do a tri not a duathlon.

Ok looks like the swim will be on tomorrow for the Cedar Beach tri. It might be a little rough but not as bas as it has been the last few days. It was very windy when I picked up my packet this evening. Maybe it'll calm down a little more before the race starts. At least we are looking good on the rain. I think that is going to be outta here so we should have a good morning for the race tomorrow. Looking forward to it.

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 8.5
Bike
  • 1h 15m 20s
  • 21.98 miles
  • 17.51 Mi/hr

Indoor on the trainer
17.5 avg speed 21.9 max speed
84 avg cadence 105 max cadence

How do I feel today? I'm tired this morning and I slept good last night and got a decent amount of sleep. I've been dragging all week and I've already taken Monday off and plan on taking Friday off from any training. Not sure why I'm so tired lately. Today I was going to swim and bike but I think I'm gonna scrap the swim and just do a bike workout on the trainer this evening. The weather is going to be crappy the next two days with heavy rain so anything I do will be indoors.

I'm also going to try and get Luna on the treadmill. I've been walking her twice a day and have been taking her down by the marina whenever I can because there are less distractions down there and we get much better walks there. I enjoy walking her much more when I don't have to try and keep her at bay when she sees other people or other dogs. Plus with if we get the rain today I probably won't be walking her so maybe I can get her to do some walking on the treadmill.

Well it didn't rain they way they said it was supposed to today. I was figuring on not being able to walk Luna at all but we got two walks in today. I got some work in on the trainer this evening and it was good. I was quite surprised as I was feeling tired this afternoon and didn't even want to workout but I did get on the bike and banged out a 75 minute ride. Good workout this evening, tomorrow will be a rest day and Saturday my first sprint tri of the season lol.

• Calories out: 3577 From lifestyle:2554, From activities:1022
  • Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 2 Hours slept: 8.5 Overall Workout: 3
Run
  • 1h 01m 27s
  • 6.01 miles
  • 10m 13s /Mi

61 degrees 60% humidity 7 mph wind

How do I feel today? I'm tired this morning adn I don't understand why. I've gotten a good amount of sleep the last two nights so I should be feeling better than I am. I only worked out yesterday and that was a swim.

I should be recovered from the IM physically. I think mentally I'm not and I'm glad I've taken a break. I've been working out but nowhere near the level of what I've been doing before the IM. I am finding I really need the down time before I start up again. I'm glad I decided not to do the NYC marathon or any other big races after IMWI. I just don't have the mental energy to focus on anything big right now. I am looking forward to the sprint tri this weekend at Cedar Beach though, no pressure I'll just d my best and have some fun out there.

Today I am planning either a run or a bike. I usually wrap up late on Wed. so if I can get Luna walked and in by 5:30 pm I may try and run outdoors. If not and I have to take it indoors I may do the bike on the trainer. I'll see how it goes, we are suppose to get rain tonight all the way into Friday and possibly Saturday. That would suck for the race for sure.

I decided to run this evening since it didn't rain but it's supposed to be on the way. I figured I might as well get it in as I didn't want to run on the treadmill. It wasn't a bad run per se but I felt like I was struggling a little during the run. Maybe I went out too hard this evening when I should have just dialed it back and run slow. I don't know, I just felt like I didn't have much energy today. I'm wondering if the lack of sleep this weekend is affecting my workouts this week. Tomorrow I need to get some time on the bike and I would like to do a short swim as well if I can manage it before the sprint on Saturday. I'm planning on resting Friday.

• Calories out: 3250 From lifestyle:2557, From activities:693
  • Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 2 Hours slept: 8.5 Overall Workout: 3
Swim
  • 53m 37s
  • 2000.00 meters
  • 02m 41s /100 meters

Indoor Pool
1x500
6x250

How do I feel today? I feel pretty good today. I slept well and I'm just a little sore this morning. My legs are a little sore but otherwise I feel much better than I did yesterday. Today I am planning to head to the pool to get that swim in that I didn't get to do yesterday.

I swam this evening at the pool. I took it easy and just tried to focus on my form. I've been trying to keep my head down more. I have also been trying to get my stroke count up. The other thing I've been trying to work on is my pull. I tend to put the brakes on by keep my hand up and elbow low. I think I had some good laps where it clicked and I had some laps that sucked. I'll keep working on those things. I also need to improve my kick. I have lot's of things to work on when it comes to swimming. I wish I enjoyed swimming more but right now I don't

• Calories out: 3049 From lifestyle:2565, From activities:484
  • Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 9 Overall Workout: 3
How do I feel today? I'm tired and pretty sore this morning. My arms and legs are sore from mtn biking yesterday. It was a lot of fun but I am paying for it this morning. Plus I went to bed late so I'm hurting more then usual. I am going to head to the pool and swim this evening.

Ok I admit it I am officially in slacker mode. I was planning to head to the pool shortly but I'm so tired from only get 6 to 6.5 hours of sleep the last two nights that I'm going to pass. If I go I know it's going to be terrible. My body is sore and I am tired as all hell so I think I'll just wait until tomorrow otherwise I'll just be going through the motions and it'll be a bad swim. I'd rather get something out of it. I'll be heading to bed early tonight for sure.

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 2 Fatigue: 2 Hours slept: 6.5
Swim
  • 19m 30s
  • 805.00 meters
  • 02m 25s /100 meters

Cedar Beach
64 degrees 93% humidity 5 mph wind

Bike #1
  • 50m 16s
  • 13.52 miles
  • 16.14 Mi/hr

16.1 avg speed 29.4 max speed
84 avg cadence 117 max cadence

Run
  • 30m 13s
  • 2.94 miles
  • 10m 16s /Mi

Bike #2
  • 2h 06m
  • 11.42 miles
  • 5.44 Mi/hr

73 degrees 81% humidity 20 mph wind
5.4 avg speed 13.4 max speed

How do I feel today? Not bad, I'm up early to do a run through of the Cedar Beach S/B/R course with Bobby and 4 others as we are all doing the Cedar Beach sprint tri next Saturaday. I ride some of these roads so I am familiar with some of the course already. It will be good to run through it though before the race next weekend.

I did the coruse this morning and it wasn't bad. My first OWS since IMWI and the water was a whole lot calmer than it was that day in Lake Monona. I did not swim great on the leg out but I did much better on the way back not that I'm a great swimmer at all. It wasn't that bad either, a little cold at first but you get used to it quickly so not too bad. The bike course is not bad some hills at the start and midway through the course and then some good decents at the end of the loop. The run is pretty flat so that will be fast. I'm heading out later on this afternoon to do some MTN biking. We'll see how it goes.

I went out with Wynn this afternoon to ride Manorville Hills. It was a blast, I had a great time. Mountain biking is definitely cool and it is hard, not that I thought it would be easy but definitely much different than what I am used. Wynn was great as always he took me through the course and made me aware of what was coming up on the different sections and made sure I got through them without killing myself which I very much appreciate.

Two things about mountain biking which are key. Handling skills are a must and I think I am going to improve my significantly if I keep riding which I plan on doing. The. other thing is total focus and concentration is required. You can really get hurt if your focus is not on what you are doing.

There is definitely something exhilarating flying down a trail between a bunch of trees and then catching an uphill just right. I can see if you do it right it can be a lot of fun. That will be the challenge for me, to learn how to ride so I can fly around the trails!

• Calories out: 4270 From lifestyle:2480, From activities:1790
  • Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 6.5

strikyr's Training Log

October 2013 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
   1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31  

Time
Distance