Run
  • 56m 52s
  • 5.18 miles
  • 10m 58s /Mi

64 degrees 80% humidity 5 mph wind

How do I feel today? I'm tired this morning as usual. I've been sleeping enough so I'm not sure what's up. I've also been pretty unmotivated lately as well and not sure why that is either. In any case the plan is to try and get an hour run in today. Either indoors or outdoors but I will be running. Probably just an easy paced run for this evening.

It's also my wife Joyce's Birthday today so not sure what she'd like to do this evening if anything but I'll find out later on today.

I got my run in this evening and kept it easy paced but man it was a tough run. Not sure if I'm just tired, unmotivated or what but it took a while to settle into it. Good thing I didn't do the newer loop I've been doing lately with a few more inclines.

It was a good thing too that I did run we wound up doing take out at the Italian place for Joyce's birthday. I was right she did not have a good day but we made sure she didn't have to cook or do anything else when she got home.

• Calories out: 3210 From lifestyle:2567, From activities:643
  • Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 8 Overall Workout: 3
Swim
  • 44m 38s
  • 1600.00 meters
  • 02m 47s /100 meters

Indoor Pool
1x500
6x500
1x800

How I do I feel today? Not too bad today, I'm a little tired this morning but that seems to be normal these days. The plan for today is to get to the pool this evening and swim for an hour. I will probably do a little bit of distance to start and then just do short sets and focus on my form. That is what I've been trying to do, focus on the different things that need work.

I got a swim in this evening but not what I was hoping for. There were only two open lanes so I had one to myself for a short while but then had to share. It went from splitting the lane to circle swimming and then a 4th person jumped in. I just couldn't do what I wanted to which was really to just do short sets like a bunch of 50's so I could just swim slowly and focus on my form. I got to do some of that but not as much as I wanted to this evening. Memo to self, don't go to the pool on Tuesday until after swim classes are over.

• Calories out: 2971 From lifestyle:2568, From activities:403
  • Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 8 Overall Workout: 3
Bike
  • 1h 01m 03s
  • 19.10 miles
  • 18.77 Mi/hr

Indoor on the trainer
18.8 avg speed 20.3 max speed
82 avg cadence 88 max cadence

How do I feel today? I'm tired this morning I stayed up late to watch the Cowboys game last night. I don't trust them at all so I watched the entire game. Nice to see them finally not blow a game. I could've slept later as my daughter didn't go to work today but didn't tell me so I just started working early. Another hour of sleep would've been nice. Today I am planning to get a bike workout in on the trainer, probably an hour or so.

I got a good hard hour ride in on the trainer this evening. I had it in a big gear and rode hard to make up for my lack of training yesterday. I need to take break but can't be a total slacker. Good workout for me this evening. I am planning on swimming at the pool tomorrow evening.

• Calories out: 3407 From lifestyle:2575, From activities:832
  • Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 2 Hours slept: 7 Overall Workout: 4
How do I feel today? I'm tired and sore today. I was going to go mtn biking today but I'm just too tired and unmotivated to go do it. My legs are still sore from yesterday's sprint tri. I may get an hour workout in on the trainer this morning if I can get motivated so I can drink some beer and watch some football today. I'm gonna drink beer and watch football but the workout would certainly counteract some of those calories lol.

I certainly have been a slacker this week as my training numbers are totally down. I don't know why I've been so tired this week but it definitely has affected my maintainence training. Maybe the long year has just caught up with me. I'm definitely worn out mentally and maybe even physically. I'm sure I'll be back at it next week but I have definitely been thinkin about IMMT and training for it. At this point I probably won't start my outseason until January and then start the IM training in April. I am probably going to use the Endurance Nation plans and strategy for it.

No workout today, I slacked off and watched fotball today. I'm just tired and didn't feel like doing anything today. I'll resume working out tomorrow.

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 2 Fatigue: 2 Hours slept: 8.5
Swim
  • 07m 09s
  • 500.00 meters
  • 01m 26s /100 meters

Shortened swim from .5 mile to 500m Cedar Beach Triathlon
Forgot to start my Garmin for the swim

Bike
  • 45m 45s
  • 13.85 miles
  • 18.16 Mi/hr

Cedar Beach Triathlon
18.1 avg speed 31.8 max speed
87 avg cadence 122 max cadence
Forgot to put on my HR monitor

Run
  • 25m 07s
  • 3.00 miles
  • 08m 22s /Mi

Cedar Beach Triathlon

Forgot my HR Monitor

How do I feel today? I'm up early this morning for my first sprint tri of the season at Cedar Beach. I'm a little tired but don't feel too bad this morning. I am hoping the weather holds out and it's not as windy as they are saying it will be. If so it's gonna be cold and it will make for a terrible swim if we have one.

Well I got done today but it wasn't my best race ever that is for sure. The swim almost got cancelled but they went through with it and shortened it from a half mile to a quarter mile with the current so it was a quick swim. It was very cold and windy when we started today. I had a horrible T-1 but I did well on the bike, 44th overall not too bad. My T-2 was not that good either but better than T-1. I had a good run for me, I'm slow so I was happy with what I did with that.

I'm glad I went out there today. I didn't race with a sense of urgency I raced more just to have some fun and to try and do my best. I think Bobby not only was able to talk me into doing this race but he got Mike as well. I had to laugh when we were talking about it this morning. We were all thinking we should be in bed sleeping in not standing out in the cold waiting to get into a rough ocean. I'll admit I'm glad I did it, I had fun today and got a great workout in.

The other thing is that I did every distance this season, I call it the quadfecta, sprint, olympic, HIM and IM. Not bad for this old man, not bad at all. And with that the triathlon season is officially over for me. I'll do the unofficial Wildwood sprint next week and enjoy my time off before jumping back into it and getting ready for Ironman Mont Tremblant.

Results:
87 out of 158 overall
swim place 113
bike place 44
run place 92

swim 7:09
t1 7:00
bike 45:45
t2 2:34
run 25:07

• Calories out: 3639 From lifestyle:2568, From activities:1071
  • Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 6 Overall Workout: 3
How do I feel today? I'm a little tired this morning, what else it new? But I don't feel as tired today as I've ben feeling all week. I've been dragging for sure this week. I also got to sleep in as my daughter took the day off and went to Comic Con Yay!

So the plan for today is to rest and take the day off from training. I will head down to Cedar Beach this evening to pick up my packet and then I will head over to Carl Hart bike shop to pick up my cone wrench for my tri bike.

We've not gotten all the rain that was forecast for the area. It has stayed to the west and it looks like it will get out of here today so we may get a good morning for the sprint tri tomorrow. I hope so because I don't want it to rain and I don't want the swim to get canned either. I want to do a tri not a duathlon.

Ok looks like the swim will be on tomorrow for the Cedar Beach tri. It might be a little rough but not as bas as it has been the last few days. It was very windy when I picked up my packet this evening. Maybe it'll calm down a little more before the race starts. At least we are looking good on the rain. I think that is going to be outta here so we should have a good morning for the race tomorrow. Looking forward to it.

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 8.5
Bike
  • 1h 15m 20s
  • 21.98 miles
  • 17.51 Mi/hr

Indoor on the trainer
17.5 avg speed 21.9 max speed
84 avg cadence 105 max cadence

How do I feel today? I'm tired this morning and I slept good last night and got a decent amount of sleep. I've been dragging all week and I've already taken Monday off and plan on taking Friday off from any training. Not sure why I'm so tired lately. Today I was going to swim and bike but I think I'm gonna scrap the swim and just do a bike workout on the trainer this evening. The weather is going to be crappy the next two days with heavy rain so anything I do will be indoors.

I'm also going to try and get Luna on the treadmill. I've been walking her twice a day and have been taking her down by the marina whenever I can because there are less distractions down there and we get much better walks there. I enjoy walking her much more when I don't have to try and keep her at bay when she sees other people or other dogs. Plus with if we get the rain today I probably won't be walking her so maybe I can get her to do some walking on the treadmill.

Well it didn't rain they way they said it was supposed to today. I was figuring on not being able to walk Luna at all but we got two walks in today. I got some work in on the trainer this evening and it was good. I was quite surprised as I was feeling tired this afternoon and didn't even want to workout but I did get on the bike and banged out a 75 minute ride. Good workout this evening, tomorrow will be a rest day and Saturday my first sprint tri of the season lol.

• Calories out: 3577 From lifestyle:2554, From activities:1022
  • Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 2 Hours slept: 8.5 Overall Workout: 3

strikyr's Training Log

October 2013 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
   1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31  

Time
Distance
  • July's totals
  • June's totals