Bike
  • 1h 00m 20s
  • 18.76 miles
  • 18.66 Mi/hr

Indoor on the trainer
18.6 avg speed 21.5 max speed
81 avg cadence 93 max cadence

How do I feel today? I'm tired this morning but I did manage to get 8 hours of sleep last night. I still don't have much strength in my left hand, it's getting better but I am going through the same thing with the MTN bike that I went through with the tri bike when I first started riding. Much different hand position for the MTN bike and I just have to get used to it. Today I am planning to run since it is supposed to rain tomorrow. I don't want to do treadmill run.

Well I didn't run I wound up doing an hour on the trainer on the bike this evening. I finished work later than I expected so I wasn't going to get an outdoor run. I got a good solid hour in so I'm good with that. I'll run tomorrow.

• Calories out: 3383 From lifestyle:2565, From activities:819
  • Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 2 Hours slept: 8 Overall Workout: 3
Swim
  • 45m 38s
  • 1600.00 meters
  • 02m 51s /100 meters

Indoor pool
5x100
12x50
2x100
1x300

How do I feel today? I'm tired this morning but I did get a decent night's sleep and I got out this past weekend and did some cool training so I would expect to be a little tired today. The plan for today is to head to the pool this evening and just do a little easy swimming. Focus on technique that's all. Looks like the warm weather is coming to an end as well this week. It was 39 degrees this morning.

I went swimming this evening at the pool. Just trying to work on my technique. Keep it easy and just tried to focus on different things. Some good, some bad, I don't know man swimming just doesn't come easy for me. I want to enjoy it more but I just don't. I feel like I have to put so much effort into it and I still suck lol. Not like the bike where I can actually see results. I'm just not cut out for swimming but I have to find a way to get better.

• Calories out: 2944 From lifestyle:2581, From activities:362
  • Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 2 Hours slept: 8 Overall Workout: 3
Swim
  • 17m 45s
  • 750.00 meters
  • 02m 22s /100 meters

Wildwood Lake
44 degrees 93% humidity 0 mph wind

Bike
  • 55m
  • 16.77 miles
  • 18.29 Mi/hr

55 degrees 59% humidity 12 mph wind

Run
  • 30m 24s
  • 3.40 miles
  • 08m 56s /Mi

56 degrees 53% humidity 15 mph wind

How do I feel today? I'm tired and sore this morning but I am early for the unofficial Wildwood Warrior Sprint triathlon. I'm a hurtin though this morning from the mtn biking yesterday. I really should be sleeping in on Sunday mornings. Looking forward to meeting and seeing everyone today.

Good turnout this morning for the sprint. Everything went well no safety issues at all. Pretty cool set up too with th bike racks for the transition and the buoy's for the swim. We had a triangle set up for the swim course. The water was cold but bearable. I think it was a little colder than what we had at Cedar Beach. It was windy as well for the bike and run but the wind was blowing north to south usually it is the other way around. It was very cold standing around afterwards though it seemed colder in the late morning than it did early.

For me a slow swim and an uneventful bike and run. Went further on the bike because Tim missed the turn and I wanted to make sure he knew he needed to turn around. We also stopped to help Mary out as she had a flat. Other than that a good training day overall. I'm totally done with triathlon for the year. I want to hit the trails for mtn biking and running now. That will be my way of having fun for the rest of the year.

• Calories out: 3902 From lifestyle:2578, From activities:1324
  • Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 6.5 Overall Workout: 3
Bike
  • 2h 55m 46s
  • 18.02 miles
  • 6.15 Mi/hr

57 degrees 62% humidity 9 mph wind
6.2 avg speed 17.2 max speed

How do I feel today? I feel pretty good this morning. I'm up early this morning for a trip to Montauk with Wynn and Teresa. We are mtn biking in Hither Woods today. I'm looking forward to it as this will be my second trail ride on the mtn bike.

Great day today, what an awesome ride. The weather was great and the ride had some great scenic views as we rode the trails in Hither Woods. The trails were tough in some areas but not overwhelming at all. The ride along the beach in the trail was pretty awesome though. There was a lot of sand in certain areas which made it tough but otherwise I had a great time with Wynn and Teresa. Lunch was pretty good too, stopped at John's for a burger and a shake. That definitely hit the spot. Glad to go and very appreciative that I was invited out today. Looking forward to a future trip out there and always great riding with Wynn and Teresa.

• Calories out: 3299 From lifestyle:2500, From activities:799
  • Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 8 Overall Workout: 4
Swim
  • 45m 22s
  • 1600.00 meters
  • 02m 50s /100 meters

Indoor Pool
1x500
16x50
3x100

How do I feel today? Not bad a little tired this morning. I am planning to get a swim in this evening and then get the mtn bike cleaned up for a ride this weekend. It looks like we will be taking a trip out to Montauk to ride there tomorrow. I'm looking forward to it.

Alright definitely on tomorrow for a mtn bike ride in Montauk. Should be lot's of fun and will be pretty much all day affair. I did swim this evening after I took Luna for a walk. I was sooooooo fustrated with her on the evening walk. She is very stubborn lol. She just did not listen to me at all tonight, she wanted to go where she wanted to go and I was having none of it. We have some of these walks from time to time. Today was one of those days.

Anyways the swim was ok just working on my form and not concerned with times or distances. Lot's of 50's tonight, slow going for sure. I'm trying to fix a few things mainly keeping my head down and keeping my hands down and not pointed upward and putting on the brakes. Some good laps and some not so good but I'll keep working on what I know I need to improve. Man I wish I had some natural swimming ability. I just don't have any at all lol

• Calories out: 2950 From lifestyle:2589, From activities:361
  • Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 8 Overall Workout: 3
Bike
  • 1h 00m 14s
  • 18.83 miles
  • 18.76 Mi/hr

Indoor on the Trainer
18.7 avg speed 20.4 max speed
81 avg cadence 88 max cadence

How do I feel today? I'm tired this morning. I don't think I slept great last night but I did get 8 hours in so I can't complain. Today the plan is to get a moderate to hard ride on the trainer for an hour this evening. I'd like to train a little longer but my wife has to take my daughter to the doctors office so I will have to cook dinner which means I probably won't be able to do more than an hour or so. We'll see how it goes.

I got a very solid hour workout in on the trainer tonight. I wanted to do more but I had to feed the dog and then get dinner so I kept it to an hour. I wanted to make sure I burned enough calories to eat pizza and have one of those very awesome cannolies that I got from the Italian place we got dinner from last night. I had both and the cannoli was soooooo good.

• Calories out: 3382 From lifestyle:2565, From activities:817
  • Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 8 Overall Workout: 3
Run
  • 56m 52s
  • 5.18 miles
  • 10m 58s /Mi

64 degrees 80% humidity 5 mph wind

How do I feel today? I'm tired this morning as usual. I've been sleeping enough so I'm not sure what's up. I've also been pretty unmotivated lately as well and not sure why that is either. In any case the plan is to try and get an hour run in today. Either indoors or outdoors but I will be running. Probably just an easy paced run for this evening.

It's also my wife Joyce's Birthday today so not sure what she'd like to do this evening if anything but I'll find out later on today.

I got my run in this evening and kept it easy paced but man it was a tough run. Not sure if I'm just tired, unmotivated or what but it took a while to settle into it. Good thing I didn't do the newer loop I've been doing lately with a few more inclines.

It was a good thing too that I did run we wound up doing take out at the Italian place for Joyce's birthday. I was right she did not have a good day but we made sure she didn't have to cook or do anything else when she got home.

• Calories out: 3210 From lifestyle:2567, From activities:643

strikyr's Training Log

October 2013 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
   1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31  

Time
Distance
  • July's totals
  • June's totals