Swim
  • 53m 37s
  • 2000.00 meters
  • 02m 41s /100 meters

Indoor Pool
1x500
6x250

How do I feel today? I feel pretty good today. I slept well and I'm just a little sore this morning. My legs are a little sore but otherwise I feel much better than I did yesterday. Today I am planning to head to the pool to get that swim in that I didn't get to do yesterday.

I swam this evening at the pool. I took it easy and just tried to focus on my form. I've been trying to keep my head down more. I have also been trying to get my stroke count up. The other thing I've been trying to work on is my pull. I tend to put the brakes on by keep my hand up and elbow low. I think I had some good laps where it clicked and I had some laps that sucked. I'll keep working on those things. I also need to improve my kick. I have lot's of things to work on when it comes to swimming. I wish I enjoyed swimming more but right now I don't

• Calories out: 3049 From lifestyle:2565, From activities:484
  • Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 9 Overall Workout: 3
How do I feel today? I'm tired and pretty sore this morning. My arms and legs are sore from mtn biking yesterday. It was a lot of fun but I am paying for it this morning. Plus I went to bed late so I'm hurting more then usual. I am going to head to the pool and swim this evening.

Ok I admit it I am officially in slacker mode. I was planning to head to the pool shortly but I'm so tired from only get 6 to 6.5 hours of sleep the last two nights that I'm going to pass. If I go I know it's going to be terrible. My body is sore and I am tired as all hell so I think I'll just wait until tomorrow otherwise I'll just be going through the motions and it'll be a bad swim. I'd rather get something out of it. I'll be heading to bed early tonight for sure.

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 2 Fatigue: 2 Hours slept: 6.5
Swim
  • 19m 30s
  • 805.00 meters
  • 02m 25s /100 meters

Cedar Beach
64 degrees 93% humidity 5 mph wind

Bike #1
  • 50m 16s
  • 13.52 miles
  • 16.14 Mi/hr

16.1 avg speed 29.4 max speed
84 avg cadence 117 max cadence

Run
  • 30m 13s
  • 2.94 miles
  • 10m 16s /Mi

Bike #2
  • 2h 06m
  • 11.42 miles
  • 5.44 Mi/hr

73 degrees 81% humidity 20 mph wind
5.4 avg speed 13.4 max speed

How do I feel today? Not bad, I'm up early to do a run through of the Cedar Beach S/B/R course with Bobby and 4 others as we are all doing the Cedar Beach sprint tri next Saturaday. I ride some of these roads so I am familiar with some of the course already. It will be good to run through it though before the race next weekend.

I did the coruse this morning and it wasn't bad. My first OWS since IMWI and the water was a whole lot calmer than it was that day in Lake Monona. I did not swim great on the leg out but I did much better on the way back not that I'm a great swimmer at all. It wasn't that bad either, a little cold at first but you get used to it quickly so not too bad. The bike course is not bad some hills at the start and midway through the course and then some good decents at the end of the loop. The run is pretty flat so that will be fast. I'm heading out later on this afternoon to do some MTN biking. We'll see how it goes.

I went out with Wynn this afternoon to ride Manorville Hills. It was a blast, I had a great time. Mountain biking is definitely cool and it is hard, not that I thought it would be easy but definitely much different than what I am used. Wynn was great as always he took me through the course and made me aware of what was coming up on the different sections and made sure I got through them without killing myself which I very much appreciate.

Two things about mountain biking which are key. Handling skills are a must and I think I am going to improve my significantly if I keep riding which I plan on doing. The. other thing is total focus and concentration is required. You can really get hurt if your focus is not on what you are doing.

There is definitely something exhilarating flying down a trail between a bunch of trees and then catching an uphill just right. I can see if you do it right it can be a lot of fun. That will be the challenge for me, to learn how to ride so I can fly around the trails!

• Calories out: 4270 From lifestyle:2480, From activities:1790
  • Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 6.5
Bike
  • 1h 03m
  • 14.76 miles
  • 14.06 Mi/hr

69 degrees 75% humidity 6 mph wind
14.0 avg speed 20.0 max speed

Run
  • 30m 34s
  • 3.36 miles
  • 09m 05s /Mi

71 degrees 73% humidity 0 mph wind

How do I feel today? I feel like a slacker today. I really should have gotten a workout in over the last two days and I didn't. I just haven't felt like it. I probably should have gotten one in on Thursday and just taken yesterday off. Today I am going to get at least an hour on the bike in and I would like to follow it up with a short run. I'm not sure if I do it indoors or outdoors or whether I take the MTN bike out today or not. I am thinking of taking the MTN bike out to ride just so I can get a feel for it. We'll see.

Tomorrow I will be doing a run through of the Cedar Beach course with Bobby for the sprint I'm doing the following weekend. Looks like we will have at least 6 of us doing the run through tomorrow. Then in the late afternoon I will be out mountain biking with Wynn and at MVH's. He'll give me the orientation so to speak.

I took Isis out for her maiden voyage, my brand spanking new Trek X-Caliber 7 mtn bike. I rode along my normal route down to the bay and marina and to my surprise I found some gravel stone/dirt roads back there so I rode them. I was great to go off rode with her but I'm really looking forward to hitting the trails tomorrow with Wynn in the late afternoon. So I had fun riding my new bike.

I also got a good short run in. Man I was flying running a 9:05 avg pace lol. Seriously I'm slower than most turtles so I think all that slow IM paced running really may have helped get me a little faster. I'm trying to push myself a little harder. I am starting to believe that I'm not getting faster running because I don't push myself. I need to do that a little more.

• Calories out: 3644 From lifestyle:2549, From activities:1096
  • Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 8
How do I feel today? I'm so tired this morning. I went to bed late since we got home late last night. I'm going to be drinking a lot of coffee today to stay awake lol. How I did not manage to gain 5 pounds from the dessert last night and not working out is pretty amazing. I didn't gain any weight which is pretty amazing as well. Today I am going to Carl Hart to go get my MTN bike. I am so excited I feel like a little kid on Christmas day lol. Looking forward to getting and I will definitely be hitting the trails this weekend to ride it. Should be fun I'm just hoping I don't kill myself on it.

No workout today I picked up the bike this evening and it looks great. I'm looking forward to riding it this weekend. I will go out with Wynn on Sunday afternoon to get a ride in at Manorville Hills. If it does rain too badly tonight I may take it out tomorrow to South Haven park just to get a trail ride in so I can get acclimated to riding it.

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 2 Hours slept: 6.5
How do I feel today? I'm tired this morning and I've been very tired all week. I'm sure why that is the case. I've not been doing long killer workouts and actually I've been able to up the intensity in my workouts and I feel good doing it. I don't know maybe it's just one of those weeks or I'm not 100% recovered from the IM even though I thought I was.

In any case it's my wedding anniversary today so Joyce and I are definitely going out to eat. I can't believe it's been 26 years already. It doesn't seem like it's been that long and time has gone by quickly, it's hard to believe. So training will take a back seat to this today for sure. I will either sneak in a quick swim or I will get a quick ride in on the trainer so I can eat dessert tonigh without feeling guilty. I don't think I'll be working out tomorrow as I will be going to pick up the MTN bike.

No workout today, I had plenty of time since my wife and daughter were late coming home this evening but I was just too tired and really didn't feel like swimming or doing anything else for that matter so I took the day off. I've been tired all week any way.

Dinner was great even though we wound up going late it was nice to go out with Joyce and just spend some time together. OMG I think my meal was like 3000 calories! The dessert was like 1240 calories! It wasn't even that big but it was pretty freakin awesome lol. We wound up getting back later then we expected to but nothing we could do about that since we got a late start anyway. My daughter didn't make the earlier train and the kids wanted Taco Bell and that place is always jammed packed. Don't ask me why they do some good business at the one over here. Tomorrow is MTN bike day, I am bringing the newest addition to my bike collection home, yay!

• Health data: Sleep: 4 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 2 Hours slept: 8.5
Run
  • 50m 18s
  • 5.02 miles
  • 10m 01s /Mi

79 degrees 52% humidity 0 mph wind

How do I feel today? I'm tired this morning but I got a good night of sleep last night. I need to get to bed earlier I'm just never able to. There is not enough hours in the day to do what needs to be done. Not sure what I'm doing today, if the MTN bike is in then I'll go pick it up if not I'll go out for a run this evening. It's suppose to be in the 80's today.

The MTN bike came in today but I got a little tied up with work and Wed. is usually my late date so I did not get down to Carl Hart this evening. Tomorrow is my wedding anniversary so I can't pick it up then. It will have to be Friday.

I did run this evening and it was nice out, warm today I think some record highs here on LI. Good run for me tonight I ran a 10 mpm avg pace. I know not fast for most but for me that's not bad especially since I've been running slow all year with the IM training. I enjoyed the run though and glad to get it in.

• Calories out: 3140 From lifestyle:2571, From activities:569
  • Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 8 Overall Workout: 4

strikyr's Training Log

October 2013 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
   1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31  

Time
Distance
  • July's totals
  • June's totals