Run
  • 1h 08m
  • 6.10 miles
  • 11m 09s /Mi

Indoor on the trainer
Speed 5.3 - 5.4 Incline 0 - 11.5
6.1 miles of the Wisconsin IM run course via iFit

51 days until IMWI

How do I feel today? I'm tired and I'm sore. My upper body especially my chest is very sore. I'm not sure what's up with that but I felt like this yesterday as well. Today I would like t get in 90 minutes to 2 hours on the bike and then get an hour run in. It's going to be brutally hot and humid again today so I may stay indoors for the bike and do the run outdoors late this evening. I'll see how bad it is today before I decide on what to do.

I got a great workout in this evening. I did a 30 mile ride on the bike on the trainer and followed that up with a 6 mile run on the trainer and I felt great tonight. Almost 3 hours tonight. On the bike I tried to stay right around 200 watts and for the run I was a little over 11 minute miles right where I wanted to be.

The biggest thing about this workout was just working the whole IM thing out in my head. I have been so worried lately and so doubting myself and my ability to finish. I just have to stop doing that. I can do it and I will do. I've been putting in the training and working hard. No more doubting and no more worrying. I need to be focused the next 7 weeks. I have 50 days left starting tomorrow. Plenty of time to get myself where I will need to be.

• Calories out: 4633 From lifestyle:2476, From activities:2157
  • Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 2 Fatigue: 2 Hours slept: 7.5 Overall Workout: 4
Swim
  • 48m 34s
  • 2060.00 meters
  • 02m 21s /100 meters

OWS at Wildwood Lake

Bike
  • 20m 21s
  • 5.94 miles
  • 17.51 Mi/hr

Indoor on the trainer - short ride for TdF challenge
17.4 avg speed 19.4 max speed
85 avg cadence 94 max cadence

52 days until IMWI

How do I feel today? I'm tired and sore this morning. My legs are a little sore and my upper body is sore as well. Today I will be swimming this evening with Teresa and Susan at Wildwood lake. Wynn might be there as well. I would like to do a long and short out and back. I need the work. I also would like to get another 20 minute ride on the trainer for the TdF challenge. I'm behind on my stages.

I got a swim in this evening at Wildwood lake. I meet Teresa, Susan and Sanjeev there and we went out the short way. It was freakin hot out and the water was pretty warm. I did two loops with the group and then one on my own. I really need to be doing more but glad to get this swim in this evening. I also got a short 20 minute ride in on the training. I will need to ride the next three days but I am planning on two rides and I'll do one more short one and I'll meet my goals for that challenge.

• Calories out: 3248 From lifestyle:2538, From activities:710
  • Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 2 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 7.5 Overall Workout: 3
Run
  • 2h 53m 01s
  • 15.40 miles
  • 11m 13s /Mi

86 degrees 65% humidity 9 mph wind

53 days until IMWI

How do I feel today? I'm tired this morning I just did not get enough sleep last night. Today I will try and get my long run in. I am hoping to do 15 miles but we'll see that goes with the heat. I will do it this evening but I am expecting it to be pretty hot and humid so I'll just have to take it slow and drink alot.

I did my run in this evening and the weather was not really that bad. It was hot and humid but not like it's been the last two days. There was some breeze as well early in the run and that helped. I did six 2.5 miles loops tonight and I would have to say this was a pretty tough run. I felt good and my legs felt good but during the first two loops I just didn't feel like I had my running legs. I ran two loops and then back home to get another powerbar perform. I did that every two loops, 24 oz of PBP. The third loop I felt good and ran well but on the fourth loop I felt like I was not going to be able to finish.

It's sort of funny how this works. I've learned so much about myself training for Ironman. I'm finding that the human body is an amazing machine and can do alot more then you ever thought it could. The limiting factor is the mind. I have pushed myself harder and farther then I ever imagined I could and the body responds. It did tonight, I wanted to quit after the 4th loop but I knew this was my long run night I had to get this 15 miles in and not doing it is not an option for me. I kept my mind focused on running and my body kept going, I started the 5th loop and ran well. I was tired and I was hurting but I was running. I finished the 5th loop and started the 6th loop and knew I was going to finish and I did. I actually ran very well the last two loops.

I'm in the best shape of my life, I can push myself forward even when I don't think I can do any more. That was the case tonight. I'm able to push through the pain. I'm getting better at it all the time. I was hurting tonight but I know I'm going to be hurting a 100 times worse on the run in Wisconsin. This wasn't a great run but it was great training session for me. These are the ones that make the difference, the ones that you remember.

Less than 8 weeks to go and all I think about is am I doing enough to finish? That thought is in the back of my mind all the time. Everyone says I'm doing great, maybe I am but I still have my doubts. I'm not sure whether I can finish or not but I know for sure that I won't quit or give up. They're gonna have to pull me of the course for me not to finish this thing.

• Calories out: 4416 From lifestyle:2472, From activities:1944
  • Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 2 Hours slept: 7 Overall Workout: 3
Swim
  • 42m 41s
  • 1722.00 meters
  • 02m 28s /100 meters

OWS at Wildwood Lake

Bike
  • 20m 36s
  • 6.03 miles
  • 17.56 Mi/hr

Indoor on the trainer - short ride to meet TdF challenge obligation
17.5 avg speed 19.0 max speed
77 avg cadence 82 max cadence

54 days until IMWI

How do I feel today? I feel pretty good this morning. What a difference a day makes! I actually slept very well last night. I need to get some more rest thought. Today I will be heading out to Wildwood to go swimming this evening with Teresa. I may try and get a very short ride in on the bike when I get home just to try and meet my obligation for the TdF challenge. I will make the miles but I am behind on the stages.

I swam at Wildwood this evening with Teresa. We just did the 1.2 mile out and back. It was very hot out and the water was warm. We did hit some nice cool spots in the lake though and that was refreshing. I just swam with the bibjohns today first time I've done that and gone sleeveless. It was too hot to wear the full wetsuit tonight.

I also got in a very short trainer ride, 20 minutes 6 miles for the TdF challenge. Man I should have done less stages and more miles. I'll make the miles but I need to do 4 more rides so two more 20 minute rides and I will do my normal 2 hour ride plus the long ride this weekend.

Tomorrow will be a long run of 15 miles, that is what I am hoping for but with heat who knows what I'll be able to do.

• Calories out: 3202 From lifestyle:2542, From activities:660
  • Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 8 Overall Workout: 3
Bike
  • 1h 30m 46s
  • 27.54 miles
  • 18.20 Mi/hr

Indoor on the trainer
18.1 avg speed 19.5 max speed
79 avg cadence 85 max cadence

55 days until IMWI

How do I feel today? I'm tired, my back is sore and hurting and I feel so stressed out. I think the lack of sleep is just compounding how I feel. I think I'm hitting my low point in my training. There is so much going on and I have so much to do I'm feeling so stressed out right now. I'm worried about whether I'll be ready or not and have I been doing enough to be able to finish.

I tweaked my lower back on my right side which was bothering me over a month ago. I think it happened on Friday and it was killing me yesterday. I don't normally take any pain relievers but I did a Motrin this morning. It doesn't affect my swim, bike or run but it bothers me when I'm not doing any of that stuff. If I move certain ways I get that sharp stabbing pain. It sucks and its only contributing to how down I am feeling this morning.

Only 8 more weeks to go and I shouldn't be worrying like this but I can't help it. Today it's going to be like 94 degrees here so I think I am going to keep it indoors and try and get 90 to 120 minutes on the bike on the trainer instead. I just don't think I'm gonna be a hero today and ride outdoors. There's no point in doing that.

After being very tired all day I did manage to get a bike workout in on the trainer and I wound up having a great workout this evening. It was just way too hot to venture out so I stayed in and got 90 minutes in on the trainer. After being very down this morning I think I bounced back pretty well. I have been feeling a bit overwhelmed as of late and worrying way too much about being ready for IM. I had very long conversation with myself while on the trainer tonight. My alter ego showed up aka Superman and he set me straight. I need to have a littl more faith in myself and I just need to believe. I can do this I have 8 weeks which is plenty of time to get ready. I'm was very happy to get a solid workout in this evening.

• Calories out: 3745 From lifestyle:2523, From activities:1222
  • Health data: Sleep: 2 Stress: 2 Soreness: 2 Fatigue: 2 Hours slept: 8.5 Overall Workout: 3
Swim
  • 43m 06s
  • 1883.00 meters
  • 02m 17s /100 meters
Run
  • 1h 53m 31s
  • 10.27 miles
  • 11m 03s /Mi

84 degrees 69% humidity 10 mph wind - It was hot as all hell today!

56 days until IMWI

How do I feel today? Man I am freakin tired this morning. I am up early to swim at Wildwood lake this morning. I would like to do one long and one short out and back. I will run after I get home. I'd like to get 90 minutes in and 8 or 9 miles depending on how I feel.

I got the swim in at Wildwood lake with Scott and Kelly this morning and I was tired and it showed, I swam slow and couldn't keep up with Scott and Kelly. I just did the 1.2 mile out and back. I was just too tired to do the one short out and back with Scott. I should have pushed myself to do it but I wasn't sure I'd be able to make it. My arms were sore. Not a good week for me swimming, I need to get more time and distance in. I'll get my run in shortly and I will do what I can. It is hot out there so it will be a sloooooow run today.

OMG it was freakin brutal for the run today. I got home from the swim and ate another breakfast I was starving. I also did some chores around the house so I did not get going right away. When I got out there I knew it was gonna be brutal so I kept it slow and easy. I was hoping for 90 minutes or so and maybe 8 or 9 miles. I wound up doing over 10 miles today. I did four loops a little over 2.5 miles. The last loop was freakin tough, I had to will myself to keep going. I took my hat off I was so hot and thank God for the breeze and some shade along the route I was running. I was very happy to get 10 in today especially after my crappy slow subpar swim.

I need to get another day of swimming in. I'm very happy just about 16.5 hours of training this week. I also need to get to bed early. I'm amazed I got in as much training as I did this week being I did not sleep enough and I am definitely feeling it. I have 8 weeks to go and if I had to the race tomorrow I am doubting I would finish it. I'm hoping over the next 8 weeks I can hit all my milestones and feel like I'm ready. I still feel like I have a lot of work to do but I also feel like I'm getting to where I need to be. I just have to keep working hard and I'll be ready for Sept. 8th.

• Calories out: 4134 From lifestyle:2476, From activities:1658
  • Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 2 Fatigue: 2 Hours slept: 7
Bike
  • 4h 30m 13s
  • 80.18 miles
  • 17.80 Mi/hr

Indoor on the trainer
17.7 avg speed 20.0 max speed
77 avg cadence 90 max cadence

57 days until IMWI

How do I feel today? I'm tired this morning. I got up early and was supposed to ride the hills to Oakwood in Port Jefferson today with Wynn but I passed. It was not raining but was very wet out. I am not a good wet weather rider especially on the descents. I would have just slowed Wynn down a whole lot today so I passed. I hate doing that but I am not very comfortable riding the downhills when it's that wet out. I'm still learning to take those descents when it's dry out and don't have the confidence need to do it when it's wet. Better safe then sorry for me.

I will just do a very long trainer ride today. Hopefully I can start soon, waiting for my wife to wake up here so I get going on this.

Well I did the ride on the trainer today, 4 1/2 hours and a little over 80 miles. I just wanted to make up my outdoor ride. I rode at my IM pace and practiced my nutrition. I did well on both counts. I kept that paced for 3 1/2 hours and then went harder for the last hour. That last half hour was very tough. I was ready to pass out with about 10 minutes to go. I just made the 80 mile mark with a minute to spare. I was so happy to get off the bike afterwards. The longest ride I had done before that was 3 1/2 hours. I'm not sure I will be doing any more long rides on there any time soon.

• Calories out: 6040 From lifestyle:2403, From activities:3637
  • Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 8 Overall Workout: 3

strikyr's Training Log

July 2013 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31   

Time
Distance
  • July's totals
  • June's totals