Run
  • 3h 52m
  • 20.02 miles
  • 11m 35s /Mi

74 degrees 45 humidity 16 mph wind

25 days until IMWI

How do I feel today? Great! 25 more days to go! I'm a little tired but I'm getting pretty fired up now. I'm so ready for IMWI I wish it were tomorrow. Today I will get my longest training run in. I'm gonna do a 20 miler this evening, the weather is going to be perfect for it. This will be the last milestone for me to hit in my training. Man I can't believe how fast time has gone by and how close I am to doing this. I never really thought I say I'm ready but man I am ready.

Great weather today especially for running it was perfect so I decided to get my last long run in this evening and my longest one that I will do for this IM. It was my milestone run 20 miles and yeah it hurt lol. I kept the pace easy but I'll admit I was getting tired at the end of the run but I did finish it out. I started when it was beautiful out and ended in it the dark. I couldn't help but smile the first and the last mile. I'm done!

• Calories out: 4778 From lifestyle:2432, From activities:2346
  • Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 7 Overall Workout: 3
Swim
  • 1h 28m 01s
  • 3492.00 meters
  • 02m 31s /100 meters

OWS at Wildwood Lake

26 days until IMWI

How do I feel today? I'm tired this morning but don't feel bad. The plan today was to go to the lake this evening for a swim but the weather here is not so good. We'll be getting T-storms all day today so unless we get a break in the weather I'm probably going to be heading to the pool and if I can't do that than I'll be on the bike for a few hours. I'll be doing something, I have to.

Finally 2 times across the lake tonight! That was the last thing I needed to do to know that I can get through the swim at Wisconsin. It was only like 2.17 miles but I could have a swam the rest to get to the 2.4 miles. It was getting dark at that point but it doesn't matter this was the last thing I needed to do for my confidence. I've done 4000 meters continuously in the pool so I know I can do the distance. I've done just about everything I can do to get ready for this. I believe I'm there.

The swim was great slow and easy tonight. I finished feeling good, not tired, not out of breath. Thankfully Wynn was kind enough to go with me and keep an eye on me. I also swam with Teresa and Kelly. Kelly also went across twice and in no time. Kelly is can swim she's pretty fast and she'll only get better. Great evening for a swim now I need to do the same thing over in Lake Monona in 4 weeks.

• Calories out: 3347 From lifestyle:2550, From activities:798
  • Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 7 Overall Workout: 4
Bike
  • 1h 00m 16s
  • 17.31 miles
  • 17.23 Mi/hr

Indoor on the trainer
17.2 avg speed 18.5 max speed
83 avg cadence 90 max cadence

Run
  • 1h 00m
  • 5.39 miles
  • 11m 07s /Mi

Indoor on the treadmill
5.3 - 5.5 speed 0 incline 0 vt feet

27 days until IMWI

How do I feel today? I'm tired this morning I just did not get to bed early enough. I had things to do and got home a little later from the swim then I expected to. I just can't ever seem to get to bed early. Today the plan is to get an hour on the bike and follow it up with an hour run. We'll if it is indoors or outdoors as it's already raining. It really doesn't matter though.

I also seriously considering signing up for Ironman Mount Tremblant 2014. I know, I know I should not even be entertaining this thought at all. I really need to talk to my wife about this if I'm going to do it. I'd like to do IMWI 2014 but I can't with the NYC marathon on tap but I might be able to swing IMMT. I'll see I have a week to decide. I'm kind of torn between training with so many of my friends who will be doing IMLP and IMMT and spending more time with my family and training less. Damn, I don't know what to do lol. I'll see the only way I'll do it is if my wife let's me.

I got a indoor bike/run brick in tonight. I kept it the workout to two hours. I felt good today and didn't see any need to take a day off. I felt like yesterday was a day off. I felt good for the bike and the run tonight. I kept the bike workout easy and tried to keep the cadence a little high. The run was an easy paced effort. Overall I decent workout tonight.

I am really thinking that I am going to sign up for IMMT on Monday. My wife is sort of ok with me doing it. I said I wasn't going to do an IM this year but this would be a great opportunity to do it with the guys who really helped me big time last year and this year. I'd be able to train and race with them. Again for me it's almost too good an opportunity to pass up. On the other hand I really need to consider what I've been going through this year. Do I want to do this all over again next year? and more importantly can I do a better job of training more efficiently so I can spend less time training for IMMT. I think I can but I don't know.

• Calories out: 4038 From lifestyle:2535, From activities:1503
  • Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 7 Overall Workout: 3
Swim
  • 49m 12s
  • 2076.00 meters
  • 02m 22s /100 meters
28 days until IMWI

How do I feel today? Not too bad, I'm a little tired and sore but overall I feel pretty good following my epic bike ride yesterday. I wish I could've slept later but my dog Luna got up at 7:30 am. She slept until 9:00 am yesterday! She does this all the time, when I get up to train early she sleeps. When I get a chance to sleep in she is up bright and early LOL! She must know.

In any case I got up and took her our this morning and let my wife try and sleep in a bit. I took her out in the yard but after she took care of her business I took her for a walk since I did not do any with her yesterday. It's beautiful out this morning so we just had to go for one.

Today I would like to swim if Wynn decides to this evening. If not I will go out for a short run this evening. I may even run after the swim today. We'll see how it goes.

I did get my swim in late this evening. I wound up doing yard work and getting some things done around the house so I didn't run but the swim was great. I went out with Wynn and we did a long out and we came back towards the short way and then back in so we added a little distance. It was a nice workout and kind of gave me a day off after yesterday's long ride. I don't feel too bad so I'll probably get a bike/run brick in tomorrow.

• Calories out: 2985 From lifestyle:2544, From activities:440
  • Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 2 Fatigue: 2 Hours slept: 8 Overall Workout: 3
Bike
  • 7h 32m 43s
  • 128.03 miles
  • 16.97 Mi/hr

17.0 avg speed 29.9 max speed
90 avg cadence 116 max cadence

Run
  • 25m 50s
  • 2.21 miles
  • 11m 41s /Mi

xx degrees xx% humidity xx mph wind

29 days until IMWI

How do I feel today? I'm a little tired this morning but am up early do to a long ride with Wynn this morning. We are heading out to Montauk this morning for a 120 mile plus ride. I am planning to follow it up with a 3 mile run.

Holy crap what an epic ride with Wynn today! We did 128 miles, I can't believe it. I followed it up with a 2.2 mile run. The ride was 7:32 minutes. What a great ride, we rode through so many beautiful scenic areas it was awesome. The ride down Dune Rd in Westhampton was really nice. We stopped over the on the top of the bridge as we left just to admire the view over the water.

As we headed out east to Montauk I have never seen so many runners and bikers out ever! We must have seen at least a 100 people running or biking. So going out wasn't bad, I was getting a little tired heading into Montauk and there is some climbing there but I did make it into town and we stopped at the 7-Eleven to refuel. The weather was great but the wind heading in was rough. It was brutal on the way back home. So we did 65 miles into Montauk.

Heading back we took a little bit more of a direct route but hit a lot of the side roads we rode in. We stopped a few times on the way back. Wynn got a flat and we stopped to eat quickly as we were both in need. We also had to get more fluid so we hit a mini mart on the last stop. I hit 112 miles at around the 6:27 mark. When we hit 118 miles Wynn was like let's stay on Montauk Hwy and take the most direct route which we did.

The final leg was down Park Manor Rd to Eastport Manor Rd. After I hit 125 miles the last 3 miles I could barely pedal. I was doing 10 to 13 miles and hour just willing myself on. I really did not think I could do anymore however we did hit the light to turn onto Route 111 so I got a break and was able to pick up my pace and we got back to Wynn's house. He has a big ass hill the street before so you have to climb it to get into his development. He always says it sucks going up there after a 100 miler and he is right, it totally sucks. In any case I did make it up the hill.

So Wynn was like are you gonna try and run or are you done? I said I'm gonna run a few miles at least just to see if I could do it and to see how I felt. I did manage to get 2 miles in which was good. I was able to run and could've run some more so that was a good sign. I wasn't sure I could do it as I was toast when I got off the bike. The good thing was that I was able to do that ride, no quit and run. It was hard, tough ride today, the wind was no joke either. I'm very happy to just have been able to do this today. Damn I've come a long way.

I don't think I'll ever do that again!

• Calories out: 8678 From lifestyle:2278, From activities:6399
  • Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 7 Overall Workout: 4
Swim
  • 40m 01s
  • 1722.00 meters
  • 02m 19s /100 meters

OWS at Wildwood Lake

30 days until IMWI

How do I feel today? Not bad surprisingly, I expected to be sore this morning. I am little tired and the bottom of my right foot is sore. I'm not sure if it was from the bike or from running or both. Today I am planning to swim at Wildwood lake with Wynn, Teresa and Susan weather permitting. If not I will get an hour in at the pool this evening. Either way swim only today as I have my longest training day set for tomorrow.

The weather held out and we got a really good swim in this evening at Wildwood Lake. It was just a little choppy in the middle on the way out but it calmed down and was smooth the rest of the way and for back leg. It was overcast but still great, the water was perfect tonight. Good easy workout because I will be attempting my longest ride tomorrow with Wynn. We are looking at 122 miles and then I plan on running 3 miles off the bike. He did mention we are stopping at a place that has donuts so I'm totally motivated by that. I hope it's on the way back because I'll need all the sugar I can get.

• Calories out: 2917 From lifestyle:2557, From activities:359
  • Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 7.5 Overall Workout: 3
Run
  • 1h 58m
  • 10.25 miles
  • 11m 30s /Mi

76 degrees 82% humidity 13 mph wind

Bike
  • 1h 15m 28s
  • 21.48 miles
  • 17.08 Mi/hr

Indoor on the trainer
17.1 avg speed 18.8 max speed
83 avg cadence 91 max cadence

31 days until IMWI

How do I feel today? Man I am so tired this morning thankfully I got a break since my daughter took the day off so I got to sleep in. However I finished my workout so late last night I could not take advantage of it. I'm trying to cram in all this training as I don't have much time left. Today it will be another indoor affair same thing as last night, 1:15 on the trainer and 10 miles and around an 1:45 on the treadmill. Tomorrow I'll swim at Wildwood but the weather for today and tomorrow is not looking promising. We'll see how it goes if not I'll be at the pool for an hour.

So the rain held off for the afternoon and evening other then it being humid and muggy out it wasn't bad out. I decided to get the run done first and then do the bike indoors. I just could not get myself to run on the treadmill tonight.

The run was actually tough it was a little windy as well but the humidity just totally sucked. My legs were pretty dead this evening. I think I did well just getting the 10 miles in. It wasn't fast by any means but I got it done. I wasn't sure I'd have anything left for the bike but I actually did and I think it was good for a while. My legs sort of came to life and I was able to give a decent effort. The last 30 minutes just seemed to go on forever I just couldn't wait to finish tonight.

Again I got it done so pretty good workout being very fatigued today and some suspect legs. It was good to do this so I understand how it feels. I always say to myself when I'm struggling or not feeling good or starting to suffering during a workout that is will be a 100 times worse during Ironman Wisconsin so just keep going. I think it'll help if and when I d hit the wall in IMWI.

I'm so tired right now I just don't know how people do this every year. I can't wait to get to the taper and I can't wait for it to all be over. I just want to crawl in to bed and hibernate for the winter. I seriously underestimated the effort it would take to do this and am totally amazed at how people do two or three IM's a year. Just pure insanity.

• Calories out: 4674 From lifestyle:2461, From activities:2213
  • Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 2 Fatigue: 2 Hours slept: 8 Overall Workout: 3

strikyr's Training Log

August 2013 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
     1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31

Time
Distance
  • July's totals
  • June's totals