Run
  • 1h 51m 36s
  • 10.28 miles
  • 10m 51s /Mi

80 degrees 39 humdity 3 mph wind

22 days until IMWI

How do I feel today? I feel pretty good today. I'm a little tired but have been getting more sleep the last few days. Today I am going to just do a two hour run. I've got a lot of running in this week which is a good thing. I'll probably focus a little more on the bike next week so it was good to get some decent mileage in this week.

Tomorrow I would like to do 100-112 miles on the bike. I'll probably head to Wildwood and just do 6 or 7 jail runs up and around RT 51. I'll probably be solo but I'm good witht that. I will run 4 to 6 miles, 40 to 60 minutes after the bike ride. Only 9 more days until the taper. I need to have a big week this week. All the gas will be in the tank and the taper will begin. I'll be all ready to go physically and the final mental preparations can begin. I need to make sure I'm in the right mindset for the race. I just keep telling myself I'm ready and I can do this. I don't think I've ever put more time, money or effort into anything I've ever done.

Great run today for me, I went out a little bit faster pace then my expected IM run pace but I was really feeling good so I just went with it. The weather was great and I really enjoyed my run. I will probably pay for it tomorrow on the bike. This was my biggest week running while training for IMWI. I will probably be more bike focused next week. Tomorrow I'll do my long bike and short run and I'll have one more high volume week left. It'll be on to the taper!

• Calories out: 3725 From lifestyle:2485, From activities:1240
  • Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 9
Bike
  • 2h 01m 45s
  • 35.97 miles
  • 17.73 Mi/hr

Indoor on the trainer
17.7 avg speed 19.9 max speed
81 avg cadence 95 max cadence

23 days until IMWI

How do I feel today? I'm tired this morning but I slept great last night. I need to do it again tonight. For today I am planning on a 2 to 3 hour bike ride this evening. Not sure if I will do it indoors or outdoors it will depend on when I start.

I got two hours in on the trainer tonight I was just too lazy to take the bike out and ride outdoors besides it's getting darker earlier and I don't really need to deal with any mishaps outside so I stayed in. Not a bad workout, worked a big gear for an hour and then went to an easier gear and just spun for an hour. I feel pretty good.

Tomorrow I'll run for two hours and try and get 10 miles in and then on Sunday I'll be looking at a good 6 plus hour 100 to 112 mile bike followed by a 4 to 6 mile run. That would make for a nice week of training. I'll have one more big week and then I taper.

I have to make a decision on Ironman Mont Tremblant as well. I'm very much leaning towards doing it next year.

• Calories out: 4119 From lifestyle:2489, From activities:1630
  • Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 2 Hours slept: 8.5
Swim
  • 41m 38s
  • 1770.00 meters
  • 02m 21s /100 meters

OWS at Wildwood Lake

24 days until IMWI

How do I feel today? I'm tired this morning. I've not gotten as much sleep as I need to be getting this week. I don't feel too bad from the long run yesterday. My right knee is a little sore and I got a bad cramp in my right calf this morning but other than that I am good to go for this evening. I am going to swim at the lake this evening. That's the plan swim only today.

I got a swim with Wynn, Teresa and Mark this evening. What a beautiful evening to go swimming. I was very tired today and extremely slow but I did manage an out and back the long way so that was good enough for me this evening. I probably should have done a short as well but I was just to tired. Glad to get done early now I've got to take advantage and get to bed earlier tonight. I'm soooooo tired lol.

• Calories out: 2943 From lifestyle:2567, From activities:375
  • Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 2 Hours slept: 7
Run
  • 3h 52m
  • 20.02 miles
  • 11m 35s /Mi

74 degrees 45 humidity 16 mph wind

25 days until IMWI

How do I feel today? Great! 25 more days to go! I'm a little tired but I'm getting pretty fired up now. I'm so ready for IMWI I wish it were tomorrow. Today I will get my longest training run in. I'm gonna do a 20 miler this evening, the weather is going to be perfect for it. This will be the last milestone for me to hit in my training. Man I can't believe how fast time has gone by and how close I am to doing this. I never really thought I say I'm ready but man I am ready.

Great weather today especially for running it was perfect so I decided to get my last long run in this evening and my longest one that I will do for this IM. It was my milestone run 20 miles and yeah it hurt lol. I kept the pace easy but I'll admit I was getting tired at the end of the run but I did finish it out. I started when it was beautiful out and ended in it the dark. I couldn't help but smile the first and the last mile. I'm done!

• Calories out: 4778 From lifestyle:2432, From activities:2346
  • Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 7 Overall Workout: 3
Swim
  • 1h 28m 01s
  • 3492.00 meters
  • 02m 31s /100 meters

OWS at Wildwood Lake

26 days until IMWI

How do I feel today? I'm tired this morning but don't feel bad. The plan today was to go to the lake this evening for a swim but the weather here is not so good. We'll be getting T-storms all day today so unless we get a break in the weather I'm probably going to be heading to the pool and if I can't do that than I'll be on the bike for a few hours. I'll be doing something, I have to.

Finally 2 times across the lake tonight! That was the last thing I needed to do to know that I can get through the swim at Wisconsin. It was only like 2.17 miles but I could have a swam the rest to get to the 2.4 miles. It was getting dark at that point but it doesn't matter this was the last thing I needed to do for my confidence. I've done 4000 meters continuously in the pool so I know I can do the distance. I've done just about everything I can do to get ready for this. I believe I'm there.

The swim was great slow and easy tonight. I finished feeling good, not tired, not out of breath. Thankfully Wynn was kind enough to go with me and keep an eye on me. I also swam with Teresa and Kelly. Kelly also went across twice and in no time. Kelly is can swim she's pretty fast and she'll only get better. Great evening for a swim now I need to do the same thing over in Lake Monona in 4 weeks.

• Calories out: 3347 From lifestyle:2550, From activities:798
  • Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 7 Overall Workout: 4
Bike
  • 1h 00m 16s
  • 17.31 miles
  • 17.23 Mi/hr

Indoor on the trainer
17.2 avg speed 18.5 max speed
83 avg cadence 90 max cadence

Run
  • 1h 00m
  • 5.39 miles
  • 11m 07s /Mi

Indoor on the treadmill
5.3 - 5.5 speed 0 incline 0 vt feet

27 days until IMWI

How do I feel today? I'm tired this morning I just did not get to bed early enough. I had things to do and got home a little later from the swim then I expected to. I just can't ever seem to get to bed early. Today the plan is to get an hour on the bike and follow it up with an hour run. We'll if it is indoors or outdoors as it's already raining. It really doesn't matter though.

I also seriously considering signing up for Ironman Mount Tremblant 2014. I know, I know I should not even be entertaining this thought at all. I really need to talk to my wife about this if I'm going to do it. I'd like to do IMWI 2014 but I can't with the NYC marathon on tap but I might be able to swing IMMT. I'll see I have a week to decide. I'm kind of torn between training with so many of my friends who will be doing IMLP and IMMT and spending more time with my family and training less. Damn, I don't know what to do lol. I'll see the only way I'll do it is if my wife let's me.

I got a indoor bike/run brick in tonight. I kept it the workout to two hours. I felt good today and didn't see any need to take a day off. I felt like yesterday was a day off. I felt good for the bike and the run tonight. I kept the bike workout easy and tried to keep the cadence a little high. The run was an easy paced effort. Overall I decent workout tonight.

I am really thinking that I am going to sign up for IMMT on Monday. My wife is sort of ok with me doing it. I said I wasn't going to do an IM this year but this would be a great opportunity to do it with the guys who really helped me big time last year and this year. I'd be able to train and race with them. Again for me it's almost too good an opportunity to pass up. On the other hand I really need to consider what I've been going through this year. Do I want to do this all over again next year? and more importantly can I do a better job of training more efficiently so I can spend less time training for IMMT. I think I can but I don't know.

• Calories out: 4038 From lifestyle:2535, From activities:1503
  • Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 7 Overall Workout: 3
Swim
  • 49m 12s
  • 2076.00 meters
  • 02m 22s /100 meters
28 days until IMWI

How do I feel today? Not too bad, I'm a little tired and sore but overall I feel pretty good following my epic bike ride yesterday. I wish I could've slept later but my dog Luna got up at 7:30 am. She slept until 9:00 am yesterday! She does this all the time, when I get up to train early she sleeps. When I get a chance to sleep in she is up bright and early LOL! She must know.

In any case I got up and took her our this morning and let my wife try and sleep in a bit. I took her out in the yard but after she took care of her business I took her for a walk since I did not do any with her yesterday. It's beautiful out this morning so we just had to go for one.

Today I would like to swim if Wynn decides to this evening. If not I will go out for a short run this evening. I may even run after the swim today. We'll see how it goes.

I did get my swim in late this evening. I wound up doing yard work and getting some things done around the house so I didn't run but the swim was great. I went out with Wynn and we did a long out and we came back towards the short way and then back in so we added a little distance. It was a nice workout and kind of gave me a day off after yesterday's long ride. I don't feel too bad so I'll probably get a bike/run brick in tomorrow.

• Calories out: 2985 From lifestyle:2544, From activities:440
  • Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 2 Fatigue: 2 Hours slept: 8 Overall Workout: 3

strikyr's Training Log

August 2013 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
     1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31

Time
Distance
  • July's totals
  • June's totals